Backer Beta: Coming August 18th

Maybe I should actually be productive at work today...

The problem with this is that there's a chance that the Beta will come up while you're busy working.

*clickety clackity*

"Yessir. I'll have those TPS reports for you by the end of the day."

*Refreshes my phone*

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Oh well, see you all tomorrow then; I'm off now to cooking (and eating) dinner and spending time with my significant other. Hope I'll play PoE beta tomorrow evening (central european time) though. Take care! ;)

Edited by Lythe Vodaine
  • Like 3

FdSm3p1.png

For those of you browsing the forums at work using Company computers, you had best watch out if your company employs a network administrator to manage the company's network, servers, and internet. I currently work at a mail room associate for my company and my supervisor is also the network administrator. I overheard her talking to the big  boss on what she has learned about the employees using some sort of industry software that allows her to literally spy on the browsing history off all employees using the network, even if they delete their browsing history. So, if I were you, I would not risk losing your  probably much better job than my own to boredom.

Big Boss? Wait a minute, what happened to Snake? :banana:

I would take a nap. It will probably be this afternoon Pacific time.

https://twitter.com/adam_brennecke/status/501428909989437440

So middle of the night for any non-Americans, got it. Thanks, Obsidian...

18th my *ss.

Edited by war:head
  • Like 1

There is a road that I must travel
Let it be paved or unseen
May I be hindered by a thousand stones
Still onward I'd crawl down on my knees.

I understand that... Tut tut tut.. ;-)Patience my friends.. It will come and when it does, it shall bring gold, beetles and death!

And then be over in the blink of an eye.

To be fair them saying it comes out today was unlikely to ever mean anything other than this afternoon US time

So... confirmation of a relatively significant delay.

Delay? What delay? When did Obsidian say it was coming at 10 o' clock? They just said it would be coming today, nothing more. Although I would prefer if they mentioned the exact time they would be releasing keys, I suppose we will just have to wait.

• Like 1

Delay? What delay? When did Obsidian say it was coming at 10 o' clock? They just said it would be coming today, nothing more. Although I would prefer if they mentioned the exact time they would be releasing keys, I suppose we will just have to wait.

Well, for the most part of the world, afternoon pacific time isn't "today" anymore but tomorrow, as in the 19th of August. (which for the working part of the backers means waiting another 24 hours from now)

And don't get me wrong, I don't mind waiting another day to play it. What I do mind is getting this publisher-style crap of "screw the rest of the world" from an indie dev that I supported, in part, to avoid this kind of behavior.

Edited by war:head
  • Like 2

There is a road that I must travel
Let it be paved or unseen
May I be hindered by a thousand stones
Still onward I'd crawl down on my knees.

Delay in the sense that at that time, it's not 'today' anymore in probably most parts of the world.

its 8pm here, ive been pushin F5 for the last 20 hours, and now this guy is going to "take a nap"

He's telling the other guy to take a nap. Looks like you could do with one, too...

• Like 3

Reading through the threads when a big game is being released - the non-US gamers are repeatedly surprised when the game's stated release date has passed them by and they are in the wee hours of the next morning.  Isn't it always like that?  Wouldn't it be wise to think something along the lines of "Ok, the release date is the 18th.  But they're filthy slackjawed Yanks who live on an extremely inconvenient continent with it's own ridiculous time zone, so when they say the 18th, what that really means for me is the 19th, at an hour that is probably so ungodly that even my trusty chamomile tea won't cheer me up.  Bugger."???

• Like 6

My experience has been that the release date/time, unless explicitly stated, usually ties in with their support staff's business hours. Therefore, I'd guess it's going to drop between 8-5 PST. Again, a guess.

I'm excited, too, but I also expected that it would be some time today, while secretly hoped it would launch at 730AM CST.

Either way, it's gotta be rewarding for Obsidian to see people so wound up about a new IP.