Backer Beta: Coming August 18th

Yes. You are throwing a tantrum to be precise. Save it for when they actually do us wrong.

I don't think that word means what you think it means.
You are ranting about perceived offenses that go against your set of expectations regarding an update announcement for an announcement that was scheduled to go out today.

Anyways, let's not get into a tiff on semantics.

I guess I can understand why you wouldn't want to get into semantics, because you continue to misapply the meaning of words. I have neither ranted nor have I thrown a tantrum.

Expressing an opinion, even one that some may not like, in a respectful and composed manner, as I have, is not ranting or throwing a tantrum.

I know that I'm not alone in wishing for a little communication. Why does this offend you so?

In hindsight, your postings came across to me as as more aggressive than what it actually was. Though my original entitlement statement wasn't specifically directed at you. Maybe it was the EA reference...

My bad.

• Like 2

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I know I'm not supposed to be entitled, but I'll be disappointed if I can't play today, and monday is only going to last for another 4-5 hours in europe. I mean, c'mon, a major part of the backers are from europe, why has everything to be US centric? I'd like to have my cake and eat it too.

Yes. You are throwing a tantrum to be precise. Save it for when they actually do us wrong.

I don't think that word means what you think it means.
You are ranting about perceived offenses that go against your set of expectations regarding an update announcement for an announcement that was scheduled to go out today.

Anyways, let's not get into a tiff on semantics.

I guess I can understand why you wouldn't want to get into semantics, because you continue to misapply the meaning of words. I have neither ranted nor have I thrown a tantrum.

Expressing an opinion, even one that some may not like, in a respectful and composed manner, as I have, is not ranting or throwing a tantrum.

I know that I'm not alone in wishing for a little communication. Why does this offend you so?

In hindsight, your postings came across to me as as more aggressive than what it actually was. Though my original entitlement statement wasn't specifically directed at you. Maybe it was the EA reference...

My bad.

It takes a big man to admit that. You have my respect for doing so.

And even just the vague tweet from Adam, frankly, is actually pretty reassuring.

• Like 1

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

I know I'm not supposed to be entitled, but I'll be disappointed if I can't play today, and monday is only going to last for another 4-5 hours in europe. I mean, c'mon, a major part of the backers are from europe, why has everything to be US centric? I'd like to have my cake and eat it too.

As I understand their Twitter messages, the team stepped out of the plane from Germany not even two hours ago. They're probably asleep right now and will release the beta in due time, once they awake. ;)

FdSm3p1.png

As I understand their Twitter messages, the team stepped out of the plane from Germany not even two hours ago. They're probably asleep right now and will release the beta in due time, once they awake. ;)

Obsidian has a lot more staff then just the people that were at gamescom.

It's not that I don't understand the reasons, but i just try to prepare for a let down. If they don't update during the next couple hours, I'm going to lie in my bed thinking about that the updates going to be up anytime while trying to sleep so that my biorythm won't go down. And then I'll neither sleep nor play the demo, although there is a fair overlap between europe and US daytime. That would suck.

Edited by Doppelschwert
  • Like 2

Yup, this was totally unexpected.

Nobody could have forseen technical difficulties on a highly expected day.

Tre shock.

It's all the publishers fault.

Yup, this was totally unexpected.

Nobody could have forseen technical difficulties on a highly expected day.

Tre shock.

It's all the publishers fault.

my sarcasm-o-tron just hit 11!

• Like 1

Obsidian has a lot more staff then just the people that were at gamescom. It's not that I don't understand the reasons, but it just prepare for a let down. If they don't update during the next couple hours, I'm going to lie in my bed thinking about that the updates going to be up anytime while trying to sleep so that my biorythm won't go down. And then I'll neither sleep nor play the demo, although there is a fair overlap between europe and US daytime. That would suck.

Maybe, but I think the big boss will want to be around (and awake) as well on the big day. Don't get me wrong, I fully understand where you're coming from, I'd rather play the beta sooner than later, too. But, since there's nothing we can do to speed up the process, we'll just have to accept the wait. :)

FdSm3p1.png

Good luck with coming test, guys!

Test, schmest! I just want to play the damn thing. To hell with providing useful feedback to Obsidian!

At least, initially. :p

• Like 1

Brandon is online at the moment.

Really...?

1, 2, 3...

GET EM!!!

Okay, that time I did let myself get a little carried away. I own that.

Edited by Marceror
  • Like 1

Maybe, but I think the big boss will want to be around (and awake) as well on the big day. Don't get me wrong, I fully understand where you're coming from, I'd rather play the beta sooner than later, too. But, since there's nothing we can do to speed up the process, we'll just have to accept the wait. :)

I know you're right, it's still hard to accept. Gonna do some stuff in the kitchen and play some games for the next hour to kill some time. Probably better than hanging around here and making the server load longer for everyone else.

• Like 1

For those of you browsing the forums at work using Company computers, you had best watch out if your company employs a network administrator to manage the company's network, servers, and internet. I currently work at a mail room associate for my company and my supervisor is also the network administrator. I overheard her talking to the big  boss on what she has learned about the employees using some sort of industry software that allows her to literally spy on the browsing history off all employees using the network, even if they delete their browsing history. So, if I were you, I would not risk losing your  probably much better job than my own to boredom.