Backer Beta: Coming August 18th

Yes. You are throwing a tantrum to be precise. Save it for when they actually do us wrong.

• Like 5

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Yes. You are throwing a tantrum to be precise. Save it for when they actually do us wrong.

I don't think that word means what you think it means.

Edited by Marceror
  • Like 2

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

How are people asking why there's no communication from Obsidian about something they very intentionally hyped us up about throwing tantrums? I mean, I kind of expected there to be a "today's the big day!" announcement that explained the timetable for the keys going out and when the download would happen. That's not me expecting it because it's what I want to happen, that's me expecting it because that's standard operating procedure.

It'd be one thing if they weren't very communicative normally, but since they've been so good about putting updates out (even making announcements to say that updates will be delayed) that makes me worry that they don't know when they'll have the keys to give out, hence the delay.

• Like 5

Curious about the subraces in Pillars of Eternity? Check out 

Patience is a virtue. Good things come to those who wait. :yes:

Yes, indeed it is. As is regular and timely communication. :yes:

No reason to laud one virtue while ignoring another, equally relevant one. ;)

• Like 1

You are ranting about perceived offenses that go against your set of expectations regarding an update announcement for an announcement that was scheduled to go out today.

Anyways, let's not get into a tiff on semantics.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

Adam Brennecke just tweeted that he is looking forward to the live backer beta today. So doesn't seem to be any delay. It's coming.

Thank you Mannock.

You are ranting about perceived offenses that go against your set of expectations regarding an update announcement for an announcement that was scheduled to go out today.

Anyways, let's not get into a tiff on semantics.

I guess I can understand why you wouldn't want to get into semantics, because you continue to misapply the meaning of words. I have neither ranted nor have I thrown a tantrum.

Expressing an opinion, even one that some may not like, in a respectful and composed manner, as I have, is not ranting or throwing a tantrum.

I know that I'm not alone in wishing for a little communication. Why does this offend you so?

• Like 2

Well, wish it'd released earlier since I took today off for the beta, but at least the tweet gives me hope it'll be up when I wake up tomorrow. Fingers crossed it's soon enough that I can start installing while I sleep!

Adam Brennecke just tweeted that he is looking forward to the live backer beta today. So doesn't seem to be any delay. It's coming.

4rIvjQr.png

Sounds like it'll still be a couple of hours (6 pm local time?) to release.

But as a European I'm kinda used to waiting a day longer than the Americans when it comes to releases. As long as the American backers get it on the 18th, everything is fine...

There is a road that I must travel
Let it be paved or unseen
May I be hindered by a thousand stones
Still onward I'd crawl down on my knees.