Backer Beta: Coming August 18th

Right before Josh Sawyer pushes the big red button with SEND KEYS on it in all CAPS, the world will start to stutter and quickly disintegrate as we wake up from the collective simulation we have been engaged in.

We'll all return to our lives as dolphins swimming on a planet in Alpha Centauri.

I'm weirdly okay with this.

• Like 2

You read my post.

You have been eaten by a grue.

Right before Josh Sawyer pushes the big red button with SEND KEYS on it in all CAPS, the world will start to stutter and quickly disintegrate as we wake up from the collective simulation we have been engaged in.

We'll all return to our lives as dolphins swimming on a planet in Alpha Centauri.

In fairness, I think it's somewhere south of 70k people that this will happen to, but otherwise, yes. You may be right.

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

My god. Sense of entitlement. They said today. It's still morning where they are at. Let them work.

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

20 minutes

Even if you're right, don't mean diddly without a Steam key.

To quote Update #83:

• You will be able to download your Backer Beta key from our backer portal. Once we release the Backer Beta, we will send instructions on how to get your key.
  • Like 1

"You're a fool if you believe I would trust your benevolence. Step aside and you and your lackeys will be unhurt."

Baldur's Gate portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale 2 portraits for Pillars of Eternity

[slap Aloth]

20 minutes

Even if you're right, don't mean diddly without a Steam key.

As in in 20 minutes its 10'00 am. That's been the time multiple times during this entire development that stuff happened. So, Obsidian side.

Ofc, we'll see.

Edited by C2B
  • Like 1

I'm weirdly okay with this.

This is actually a very strange but intriguing idea. Just consider the situation that all of this is simply a dream from another alien race, but we're actually that alien race. Everything we know is just a fabrication, but we still put our hopes and dreams into certain things, and try our all for our own goals. Then when we die and wake up, we do nothing more than pass it off as a weird dream, and ignore, or perhaps are ignorant of, the intense emotion, hardship, suffering, and joy this life is.

My god. Sense of entitlement. They said today. It's still morning where they are at. Let them work.

Ah yes the obligatory "sense of entitlement entitled" post. This will quickly devolve to "Kickstarter is not an investment!" and further into "You only gave a donation."

:)

• Like 1

Could people calm down? Seriously, you look retarded.

"You're a fool if you believe I would trust your benevolence. Step aside and you and your lackeys will be unhurt."

Baldur's Gate portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale 2 portraits for Pillars of Eternity

[slap Aloth]

Could people calm down? Seriously, you look retarded.

• Like 7

"Of all the kids in The Breakfast Club, Ally Sheedy would be the first one to sense Cthulhu's coming." -Patton Oswalt 

Being that I've worked in IT/Customer Service roles for around 20 years, I'm very sensitive to the level of customer communication I strive to provide in my job. I can get a little testy when I see other companies fall short of my high, but very realistic bar.

And once again, I maintain that a single sentence update is not a lot to ask for. Oooh, I'm so entitled! :blink:

• Like 1

Being that I've worked in IT/Customer Service roles for around 20 years, I'm very sensitive to the level of customer communication I strive to provide in my job. I can get a little testy when I see other companies fall short of my high, but very realistic bar.

And once again, I maintain that a single sentence update is not a lot to ask for. Oooh, I'm so entitled! :blink: