Backer Beta: Coming August 18th

Maybe because they don't want to crash the servers with a heads up announcement for the announcement we're waiting for?

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I don't know about acting like EA but I bit more communication would be nice.

Maybe their customer facing crew (Josh, etc...) are somewhere transitioning between Cologne and Santa Fe.

If they didn't leave anyone in the states to oversee the release of the beta demo, that would be pretty messed up.

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

I'm surprised they didn't release the keys on Friday with the unlock happening on Monday. Would have given them time to fix missing keys.

Again, there's always the chance that the beta demo won't be released today, and they're just working up the nerve to let us know. The communication is likely on revision 42 by now, if so.

That's very EA of Obsidian.

Hey hey now, lets not go saying things we might regret

Hey hey now, if the glove fits!

I'm still giving them opportunity to prove me wrong, of course!

You know, surely someone in the know has been in the OE office long enough by now that "some" level of communication could have been sent. A forum post, a tweet... "won't be long now guys. A little later this morning, we expect." Something!

OE is acting way too much like a developer that is beholden to a publisher for my taste. What happened to the casual posts from dedicated team members that just want to keep backers in the loop? Why do we need to wait until our backer page magically updates to know what's going on?

That's very EA of Obsidian.

Dude, I paid $25 dollars for this.  To test a game, that I'm so excited for, I got ripped for $25 more dollars.  Which I WOULD be happy with, if they just told us what time it was coming out. Lol.

Hmm. Perhaps the keys will be sent out today, more or less in conjunction with a soonish update?

Then, tomorrow (*shiver at the thought*) at, say, 10 am PDT, Steam will make the beta build available.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

There are rumors about the 19:00 UTM+2

Source?

Do rumors even require a source? I think this stems from the notion that Steam updates is servers at this time.

But we still need keys even if this does happen.

dun get it.

If it has anything to do with getting the beta quicker though, I'm all for it.

Just suggesting that things were starting to get a little heated and we should probably relax and cool off. I mean EA? We're about two steps away from Godwining it.

Hmm. Perhaps the keys will be sent out today, more or less in conjunction with a soonish update?

Then, tomorrow (*shiver at the thought*) at, say, 10 am PDT, Steam will make the beta build available.

If that ends up being true, and Obsidian has just dropped the ball in communicating that, I will be extremely disappointed.

More, not less, communication please! :)

• Like 1

Right before Josh Sawyer pushes the big red button with SEND KEYS on it in all CAPS, the world will start to stutter and quickly disintegrate as we wake up from the collective simulation we have been engaged in.

We'll all return to our lives as dolphins swimming on a planet in Alpha Centauri.

• Like 7