Backer Beta: Coming August 18th

I know! I can't wait!!

Although I fear, it may be slightly more than two weeks, especially in practical terms for Europeans. Steam perhaps want to put that update out like 19:00 PDT, and if that's correct, it will be able in Europe CET 4:00 AM the 19th. Anyone knows at what time it will be released on Steam?

Josh has said that it's not going to be released on Steam.

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/66405-being-locked-into-steam-because-of-beta-participation/?p=1468909

• Like 2

I did read that in passing, but I took it to mean: "If you don't want to..." But thanks to you I now realize it's a stand-alone downloader for the beta. Interesting, and hopefully good news timewise, because then Obsidian will perhaps release it like 12:00 PDT, which would be 19:00 CET. :)

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Ark: Perhaps I got it after the first read-through, after all?

Josh also wrote this:

The two most salient are 1) separating the BB from the actual product means it's easier to separate the product platforms when the full game is released 2) the BB is a beta, so it will be full of bugs, possibly crashy, and generally not fully polished.  It may also have wild balance issues, exploits, and GUI issues that will (one hopes) not be present in the final game.  However, anecdotal data strongly suggests that people playing betas do not evaluate them as betas, but as final products.  Accordingly, they trash the product's ratings and give scathing reviews.  If the beta product is later "upgraded" to the final product, all of the hooting and hollering done about the beta remains part of the final game.  So separating the beta product from the final product appropriately segregates comments and ratings for each one.

Having read it again, as I understand it, it will be a separate (Steam?) beta product that you get to download, and later, when the game's released, it won't be associated with that one at all. :)

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Two weeks and it's here.

That's just a little more than ONE week! o_o

Such closeness!

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Is it for all backers? Even those that backed through this site?

*Sigh*

Repost: It's not for everyone no. It's for those who either backed at a tier that cost $110+ OR bought beta access as a separate add on for their pledge. (Regardless of whether you backed via kickstarter or the obsidian website.)

If you haven't purchased beta access as yet: At the moment the only possible way to add beta access to an already existing pledge is to see if support can reset your pledge. Otherwise, as diabeetus indicated above, you can wait for them to add the functionality to the website.

(Personally I'd wait to see if they can get the functionality up and running before the beta - if only to avoid adding to the workload of what sounds like a very busy support team.)

Is it for all backers? Even those that backed through this site?

*Sigh*

Repost: It's not for everyone no. It's for those who either backed at a tier that cost $110+ OR bought beta access as a separate add on for their pledge. (Regardless of whether you backed via kickstarter or the obsidian website.)

If you haven't purchased beta access as yet: At the moment the only possible way to add beta access to an already existing pledge is to see if support can reset your pledge. Otherwise, as diabeetus indicated above, you can wait for them to add the functionality to the website.

(Personally I'd wait to see if they can get the functionality up and running before the beta - if only to avoid adding to the workload of what sounds like a very busy support team.)

Technically there is another option ;p. Thanks for info though. Can't wait until they release it. Got WL2 beta but not playing it (besides doing Ag Center once) . Don't want to spoil it before release:D

ggRRrRr you lucky beta access backers..!

but on the other hand, this means i still have some time to devote to my fiancee and that's a good thing, because when the final game is released the girl is about to get a big surprise  :p

Matilda is a Natlan woman born and raised in Old Vailia. She managed to earn status as a mercenary for being a professional who gets the job done, more so when the job involves putting her excellent fighting abilities to good use.

I admit I am kind of surprised that we have not had the "beta update" yet, considering there's less than a week until Gamescom and Gen Con and 10.5 days until the beta launch.

That's exactly why there's been no update.

Hyped! Hyped! Hyped! 13 days and counting..... Thank god, i pledged the $140. So eager to play this.....

Do not remind me of when I turn 32.

I turn 38 a few days later. Don't knock your early-thirties.

• Like 1

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

That's exactly why there's been no update.

They said they were going to do an update before the beta launch with the details about it. There's also the issue of beta tier purchases for already completed pledges not being added to the backer site functionality yet. We also got the impression that the option to buy a beta key would be taken down from one of the UK interviews), indicating that there would not be an "early access".

Hyped! Hyped! Hyped! 13 days and counting..... Thank god, i pledged the $140. So eager to play this.....

I'm going to die one day.

That's pretty friggin' important.

• Like 2

You should have taken his sage words at face value, he happy you will only be 32.  Not that I am a day over 25.... or ever will be :biggrin:

• Like 1

/pats on the back

there there...

:cat: 

soft kitty, warm kitty,

little ball of furr...

• Like 2

"A-a-amazing Grace, how sweet the sound"

What if no one really dies. What if your body just stops working. What if, without gravity, we just float away into nothing, no longer matter, no longer mattering.

I can't speak for you guys, but I am immortal until proven otherwise. Also, I have 50% gravity resistance.
  • Like 2