Backer Beta: Coming August 18th

No worries, Josh. We'll bombard you with a plethora of feedback. :)

Exactly what kind of feedback will you be looking for, and will there be an organized system for submitting it (and for receiving testing "assignments" -- like what you're looking for the most, what's actually subject to change based on feedback, etc.?)

I've been in several betas and not really known what was useful and what wasn't. It just kinda sucks to submit 37 bits of feedback, only to later find out "Yeah, we're not really interested in changing any of that at all, unfortunately, and we haven't been this whole time." I don't mind not loving certain things that just aren't going to get tweaked, but I'd like to know how best to productively provide feedback.

And, I mean, if you guys just want to hear whatever we have to say about anything in the whole beta build, then that's fine, too. It's just nice to know which is the case. :)

I think some kind of formatted survey would be helpful, in a seperate forum. Something like:

Selected class, selected talents, stat distribution.

And then a short comment for each feat/talent/skill/ability/stat based on the class of the character and how you evaluated it's usefullness.

Something like this:

"Hard Penetration:

--> Triggers only rarely, but when it does, the satisfaction is very high. I think the proc rate should be increased and satisfaction reduced to even it out more."

"Length:

--> Currently overpowered compared to thickness. The formula should be shifted more towards thickness and curvature."

Edited by Zwiebelchen
  • Like 1

Gameplay footage coming this Thursday br0s.

GiantBomb preview with developer commentary.

Will this be what was shown at E3?

In the podcast that was shared it sounded like they've been showing the game off a lot lately including character creation which wasn't available during E3. They went on to say that the game will be playable at gamescom, and the backers will get a lot of hands on right after that.

Sorry if I'm late to the party or I'm completely in the wrong place to ask this. Ive been in diablo 3 land for quite some time now and just hit Divinity in the last week then i stubbled across this and was super hyped.

I think i might be to late in the game to kickstart and become a part of the beta. If not can someone point me in the right direction to opt in for the beta.

Thanks

Sorry if I'm late to the party or I'm completely in the wrong place to ask this. Ive been in diablo 3 land for quite some time now and just hit Divinity in the last week then i stubbled across this and was super hyped.

I think i might be to late in the game to kickstart and become a part of the beta. If not can someone point me in the right direction to opt in for the beta.

Thanks

Back the game with beta op. Login can be found at http://eternity.obsidian.net/

No, new stuff. Probably from the beta.

Wrong. It was the E3 footage.

I wouldn't call it footage since they were actually playing it, but it does appear to match press descriptions of the E3 stuff.

Text in the lower left of the Giant Bomb footage reads "-e3"

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

I wouldn't call it footage since they were actually playing it, but it does appear to match press descriptions of the E3 stuff.

I get what you're saying, because it could mean two different things. He could be calling what existed at E3 "footage." But, yeah, it was a demo. However, anyone but the people who actually played that and merely saw video feed of it afterward (including now) is seeing "footage" OF that playtime.

I think he just meant "the stuff at E3, which is now footage." Not suggesting it was footage at the time.

• Like 1

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

I get what you're saying, because it could mean two different things. He could be calling what existed at E3 "footage." But, yeah, it was a demo. However, anyone but the people who actually played that and merely saw video feed of it afterward (including now) is seeing "footage" OF that playtime.

I think he just meant "the stuff at E3, which is now footage." Not suggesting it was footage at the time.

Fair enough. I was being overly pedantic.

In any case, the game is looking pretty impressive. I would have loved to see a spellcaster, inventory management, options screens, etc.

Will the beta have all classes, races, and ethnicities enabled?

Fair enough. I was being overly pedantic.

I don't think you were, for what it's worth. It was just a quick little comment, and it's not like there was no purpose for it. It was just a weird word-meaning situation. 8P

In any case, the game is looking pretty impressive. I would have loved to see a spellcaster, inventory management, options screens, etc.

Will the beta have all classes, races, and ethnicities enabled?

I have to wait 8 more hours to watch the video, heh. I hope the beta will have all that in, though. If it doesn't, it's probably that it just won't start with quite everything "unlockeed," if they're still trying to semi-finalize some of it to be ready for testing. They don't want to test stuff they know is incomplete/lacking. That'll just lead to a bunch of moot feedback. "WIZARD ONLY HAS TWO SPELLS!" Yeah, we KNOW, the Wizard's incomplete right now! Heh...

But, yeah, since they want to tweak talents and all that, I'm pretty sure that, at the very least, the beta will have all the classes in it as soon as they're ready.

Edited by Lephys

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

You can make a moon godlike wizard.  How's that?

Thats amazing! :o

I have no words to describe how i feel, when i think about the beta......

Since i know that the Beta will start soon, im happy as a child again!

Just a note about beta access (since this thread is definitely read by the authorities):

There is an option to purchase beta access for $25 on the pledge management site, but one has to also purchase an additional backing tier before having an option to do so. Since I do not intend to buy a third copy of the game, but would still very much like to participate in the beta testing, I'm putting forward a request for this to be fixed.

As I recall, it has already been said months ago, that inability to purchase addons bound to existing pledges will be fixed.

Just a note about beta access (since this thread is definitely read by the authorities):

There is an option to purchase beta access for $25 on the pledge management site, but one has to also purchase an additional backing tier before having an option to do so. Since I do not intend to buy a third copy of the game, but would still very much like to participate in the beta testing, I'm putting forward a request for this to be fixed.

As I recall, it has already been said months ago, that inability to purchase addons bound to existing pledges will be fixed.

Hey Jajo, if you haven't done so already it might be worth contacting support and seeing if they can help you out: https://eternity.obsidian.net/backer/contact

• Like 1

You can make a moon godlike wizard.  How's that?

But can you play CO-OP that is the question!?? BG CO-OP *dribbles* Was so good!

You've asked this question before in this thread and received an answer. The answer is still the same: there is no co-op in this game. They have minimal funding and a relatively small team so they decided to focus on creating an expansive, engaging single player experience.

EDIT: Source:

See here:

'GameBanshee' said

Will Project Eternity be solely single player? Or do you hope for multiplayer gameplay as well?

Josh Sawyer: Solely single player. Though most of the Infinity Engine games supported multiplayer, the real strength of those titles was in the single player experience. Since this will be a relatively small project, we believe multiplayer would be too large of a distraction for us.

Edited by MasterPrudent