Backer Beta: Coming August 18th

I hope this post, doesn't mean there will be no update this week. I only came for the update, and if thebeta date announcement is it, i'd be very disappointed :(

Well, it's not down as "Update 84: Beta" so that makes it seem like an 'extra' announcement.

Hopefully there'll be something up on Wednesday (so tomorrow, my time)

• Like 1

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

I would point out that they said "We will discuss all of the particulars in a formal Kickstarter announcement, but we wanted you to hear about it first.", which one could interpret to mean that they will give more details in KS update, but wanted to give announcement about day already as they published it also in else where in Monday, so that we wouldn't feel as we aren't prioritized over non-backers.

Well, 1 day before I go on vacation.

Good I guess, since I didn't paid for beta so unless someone gives me a key (as with D:OS, which got me a Collector's Edition and mention ingame without still having paid anything at all 0_o ;)) or they pull an Original Sin/Wastelands where everyone got access regardless I can't play anyway.

They already stated a while ago that they refrained from making beta-unique content as stated initially, so it's no surprise. It is surprising that they went with mid-level content rather than the basic start you see in most. That's fairly interesting.

• Like 1

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I pledged to beta this game, I Have participated in a fair amount of Beta tests, and I just want this game to be as good as it can be.

And to be honest the getting surprised and spoilers and so on I don’t care about that I care about helping to give mi small opinion to a game that I have help funded.

And in 5 years I want to “skill wanting to play this game ” so spoilers really who cares about those? (Many do lol) But still considering that one still plays BG and we kinda know all the ins and outs of it, doesn’t change the fact that is a good and fun game to play.

But that’s just me.

I'm actually curious to hear from the dev's how was beta testing done back in the original infinity engines handled? Surely you have a lot more beta testers this time around?! Brandon, does your data show how many people will be testing on PC vs MAC or Linux, etc? Or will the Beta be specifically a PC only Beta?

Yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssdssssdsd!!!!!!!!!!!!

When i found this and read it at work, i let out a nice loud !@#$ YEAH!! which is resulting in me getting coached because of a family basically a few feet away from. I dont care, im just sooooo excited! Wooott!!

Edit-quick qiestion, since i put my steam info in backer site, will it automatically be gifted to me or will i need to go and manually download it to start testing?

Edited by redneckdevil
  • Like 1

I'm also no beta backer, but the text on kickstarter sais "early access beta key", so I hope I will get the chance to play the beta a little bit later :bow::w00t:

Edited by Asmodean

Bonjour Bonjour !

You cannot imagine how diificult it is to cool down on a daily basis its own expectations while you seemed to have raise the bar; RPG-wise and art direction-wise;  at a very very high level ...   :yes:

before venturing forth...you must gather your party before venturing forth...you must gather your party before venturing forth...you must gather your party before venturing forth ... you must gather your party 

Am no beta backer, so you guys test this beta game to the limit, y'hear? ;)

Don't worry... I shan't rest until 1000000000% balance is achieved! u_u

:). Seriously, though, I'm probably going to be playing the crap out of it, and reporting as many issues as I can possibly find.

When i found this and read it at work, i let out a nice loud !@#$ YEAH!! which is resulting in me getting coached because of a family basically a few feet away from. I dont care, im just sooooo excited! Wooott!

Because you said "coaching," I'm now imagining John Madden reviewing video footage of your joyful outburst with you, while he explains in detail where you went wrong and draws lots of circles and lines showing what you should've done, throwing in a lot of "Boom"s for good measure. :)

Lastly, in response to the pledge upgrade questions, it's currently not possible to do so, but they're supposed to be working on getting the backer portal ready to go with upgrade-a-bility. So, I would just check on that pretty often as we move towards August 18th, and hopefully we'll get an official update (communication, not necessarily a "BEHOLD cool things we've been working on in an announcement thread!" update) on that pretty soon.

I obviously can't say for certain, but it seems to me that getting upgrade functionality in place AFTER the beta starts would be kind of a bad play to make. I mean, if they have technical issues that delay it... that's always possible. But, I feel confident they're probably intending to get that going before the beta goes live.

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

I'm hoping this is more of a combat/character creation tech demo than anything else. Part of me doesn't want to know the story and would rather wait until it's fully released. I'll be waiting for people to mention what it will be like. If it's a demo to test things including if it works on your computer I'll try it out. If it's part of the story I might leave it and wait for the full game.

I just came to say this.

This.

It would be a shame to play a large part of the story in the beta only to get bored of it by the time the game releases. A la Starbound, for me.

Curious if the Kickstarter Surveys have been sent prior to now? I can't seem to find it but it was such a long time before now and so many updates etc.

I just checked my pledge and it seems that I've added an extra $25 on top of my $25 tier, plus another $8 for the Obsidian Order "membership". I can't think of anything other than the early access beta that I would have added an extra $25 for but then I can't find any record of me telling Obsidian (via a survey or other) of that either...

EDIT: Well that's embarrassing... I just realised I never completed all the Backer Portal stuff. All done now... I hope it's all ok still?

Edited by light487

Was there a deadline on add-on selection? It still let me select everything but I only just did it now :(

AFAIK, the only deadlines were for backer content (NPCs/tombstones/inns, etc).

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat: