Divinity: Original Sin

Has this been posted yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zThxP55Cqeo&feature=player_embedded

It's hilarious.

I'm surprised the gentlemans carer let's him use the computer.

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Teleport is pretty dang powerful for me.  So I get to move someone away from me, do a bunch of damage in the process, and drop him on another enemy, doing even more damage?  Thank you.

Try dropping a non-fire based enemy in lava.

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

It's hilarious.

I'm surprised the gentlemans carer let's him use the computer.

That guy's a somewhat known troll, he makes rants like that for pretty much every game.

He was even around on our precious forum to complain about Dungeon Siege 3.

• Like 1

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I absolutely love this game.  <3 <3 I just keep re-rolling. I need to stop doing that and just play the damn game...

Random loot is both a blessing and a curse.. SOMEBODY STOP ME!!!!

Anyway, that's what made me buy the damn game, thank you for wasting 128 hours of my life. Much appreciated, but my wife hates you. :bat:

The game is really huge and awesome, but I don't think I'll play it again.

Somehow The End feels like a punishment.

(Signatures: disabled) 

They should. They'r ehilarious espicially when people take a crybaby stance over them and take it so personally.  And, your opinion about 'opinions as fact' is not factual and that is a fact.

Almost done game. Now level 21.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Protip: Leech is awesome. Most times when someone hits you you get splashed in blood. Some enemies try to put the bleeding debuff on you. Other cases you get puddles of blood you can walk over. It's a bit overpowered at the moment, but still fun.

It's hilarious.

Maybe its just me, but "my opinion as fact" rants don't amuse me.

Not to mention that dumbasses like this shouldn't be retweeted, shared, or whatever.  These people should be shunned, not have attention brought to them.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Finally finished this after 64h. I had 40/63 achievements done and my questlog had 4 unfinished quests when the game ended (of which at least 2 were impossible to complete due to lost quest items). The game seems balanced at start, gets kinda hard in the middle (might have been because I wandered into places I shouldn't have been in), and then peters off at the end to the point where I stunlocked the final boss without giving him a second turn to act. Some of the quests/puzzles were rather poorly communicated and on less than a handful of occasions I actually had to look up the answer on the internet.

I ran into a single game stopping bug at the end, otherwise it seemed polished enough (some spelling errors here and there).

Fun fact:

Steam achievement tracking says that only 1.7% of the players who bought the game have actually finished it.

Also:

Godbox

, really, you couldn't come up with anything better than that.

Party is now level 7.  Most recently, I've opened 2 secret caves in the far NW of the Cyseal map, and dealt with what's inside with very little difficulty.  (I think.  There wasn't much resembling a resolution with the rhyming wizard and his harem.  I assume he does more than "have 5000+ gold to buy my crap with," so I don't think I've seen the last of him.)  I think the orc beach that slaughtered me at level 3 is next. 

I do note some fatigue with the game every time I have to trudge back to town, remember which quest-givers to talk to, remember which merchants sell which kinds of spellbooks, briefly consider doing more crafting experimentation (apart from making more special arrows that I'll mostly forget to use, it doesn't seem worthwhile), and generally spend time trudging back and forth across Cyseal.  So far, I've pushed through to get to more of the fun stuff, but I can see how this kind of tedium might eventually overcome my patience. 

Got bogged down for the same reason, haven't played it since last week. That said, at least I can send away items I don't know have a future use to my "stash", thank goodness for small blessings I guess.

Might just wait out the supposed content patch (the new companions will hopefully be more tolerable than the current duo), assuming it's not too late in August.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

• 2 weeks later...

After finishing the game I can say with certainty that the game balance is kinda screwed, very difficult at the start but the final boss fight is a cakewalk.

The final boss is easy.

But he is by no means a cakewalk.

"The final boss is easy.

But he is by no means a cakewalk."

He *is* a cakewalk. He is no threat. He just has a lot of hit points. One of the easiest end fights ever.

"The final boss is easy.

But he is by no means a cakewalk."

He *is* a cakewalk. He is no threat. He just has a lot of hit points. One of the easiest end fights ever.

Vol.

For the time, we are but sharks circling each other. Aware of the others continued existence but unconcerned.

Do not tempt to make yourself known.

• Like 1

Are you really trying to threaten me with such gibberish? L0L The point stands - DOS' final boss is super easy. The 'chapter 1' boss iwas actually a threat. But final boss/ Nah. The first fight with undead on the very first beach was a bigger threat. :p

Are you really trying to threaten me with such gibberish? L0L The point stands - DOS' final boss is super easy. The 'chapter 1' boss iwas actually a threat. But final boss/ Nah. The first fight with undead on the very first beach was a bigger threat. :p

I think he was actually complimenting you.  You two are sharks and the rest of us are minnows.  :p

• Like 1

Yeah, but he also threatened me. That is war.  And, I'm no shark.  I'm just an internet loser like everyone else here.

Volo,I know you talking about others when you say they are losers. I know you don't think I'm a loser....right Volo :ermm:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela