Divinity: Original Sin

As soon as it is on GoG I money on it.

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I have to say, this game has been great. I've been reading everyone's comments about the good components of this game and I have to say that I agree with them all. I'm about 5 hours in and have been enjoying every minute. I also have started a multiplayer game with a friend and going through a little quicker due to knowing the story and quests so far, and even that has been superb.

I spent some time with the early access, probably about 15 hours, but never got that far into it when they would patch it and thus corrupt the saves, and have only recently been seeing new gameplay and areas, and am constantly curious to see what will come next. This game is definitely one of my favorites of the past few years for sure and reminds, in a way, of my first time with Baldur's Gate 2.

This game makes me look forward to Pillars of Eternity for sure, but I'm happy to wait since I'll be spending quite a bit of time with this gem.

Oh, and I will say one thing. If you're not playing some kind of spell slinging class, you're playing this game wrong.

Edited by SadExchange

After playing this game for now over 40 Hours I am kind of sad that Eternity will not have turn based combat. Man this game is just fantastic. The writing, the story  and especially the combat and tactical possibilities are just insane.  Even if you fight much higher level guys with the right strategy everything is possible.   I am really glad that this games gets more and more attention with each passing day. RPG player just adore this game and so do I. 

This is the reason why I will back more kickstarter games in the future. And if its from Larian I will do so with no hesitation^^

Edited by Darji
  • Like 5

I had to retrain myself to read blocks of text. Single line subtitles at a time have not done wonders for the attention span.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

18 hours in.  Nowhere close to leaving the starting area.  Love it so far.  It kind of caught me off guard.  I really didn't expect it to be as good as it is.  There's a few little UI irritations but my goodness, it's fun!  I think it's got me even more hyped for PoE, which I wouldn't think possible. 

• Like 1

This game is just great. It's just so much fun. I've played the game for more than 50 hours now since release and I'm still addicted. So much to explore, combat is great, music is incredibly good, graphics are nice and fitting, it's just a "round" package.

Of course it has a different vision than Pillars. D:OS has little focus on choice&consequence in dialogues but that's also part of the accessibl co-op concept. While deep immersive story decisions are king in a SP experience they are way less in co-op. D:OS is more a game that values the moment, the direct joy of gameplay. It rewards curiosity and it rewards tactics.

It's great that we can have so similar but also so different CRPGs like Divinity: Original Sin and Pillars of Eternity in 2014. Who would have thought that two or three years ago? Kudos at Larian for this awesome game and I hope Pillars will be at least as successful and fun.  :)

• Like 3
35167v4.jpg

Wow I have to be honest, this is the first time I have ever read so much positivity towards any one game from these forums. This game really must be good 8)

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Wow it is indeed very good. 

I wish I could have an extra partymember, there seems to be a lot for a thief to do and I don't have one. Found a ton of crafting manuals, clicked on them and tossed them, which might have been a big mistake seeing as there is no 'just do it' button. 

• Like 1

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Is there any point in not stealing in the game? Is there karma or something like that or does it effect the personality of the character?

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

Wow I have to be honest, this is the first time I have ever read so much positivity towards any one game from these forums. This game really must be good 8)

Best RPG in the past 6-7 years by a longshot for me.

Found a ton of crafting manuals, clicked on them and tossed them, which might have been a big mistake seeing as there is no 'just do it' button. 

You can just access all the recipes in the journal

Is there any point in not stealing in the game? Is there karma or something like that or does it effect the personality of the character?

I'm not sure, but that wouldn't stop me anyway. Been pulling off heists with my coop buddy :D

This game is just great. It's just so much fun. I've played the game for more than 50 hours now since release and I'm still addicted. So much to explore, combat is great, music is incredibly good, graphics are nice and fitting, it's just a "round" package.

Of course it has a different vision than Pillars. D:OS has little focus on choice&consequence in dialogues but that's also part of the accessibl co-op concept. While deep immersive story decisions are king in a SP experience they are way less in co-op. D:OS is more a game that values the moment, the direct joy of gameplay. It rewards curiosity and it rewards tactics.

It's great that we can have so similar but also so different CRPGs like Divinity: Original Sin and Pillars of Eternity in 2014. Who would have thought that two or three years ago? Kudos at Larian for this awesome game and I hope Pillars will be at least as successful and fun.  :)

I agree. I'm surprised how greatly implemented the coop is. Hopefully this will open up other devs' eyes to the fact that online coop turn-based combat is actually a lot of fun. And yeah, while the writing seems fairly good, I haven't paid as much attention to it than I would have singleplayer, so less emphasis on it works more for this game imo.

• Like 2

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Ha ha ha I pressed 'C' and turned into a goofy-arsed boulder and started sneaking around.

Seriously, I shot tea through my nose. Thank god for a great game that doesn't take itself too seriously.

• Like 3

sonsofgygax.JPG

I've been on this forum for ten years, and a fair few on BIS before that and I haven't seen such a consensus around a CRPG since BG2 to be honest.

• Like 3

sonsofgygax.JPG

Ha ha ha I pressed 'C' and turned into a goofy-arsed boulder and started sneaking around.

Seriously, I shot tea through my nose. Thank god for a great game that doesn't take itself too seriously.

Yeah that was hilarious.  It is like your character has a cardboard cut out they whip out to hide behind.

How do you rest / camp?

I tried to RTFM but I cant find it either.

If you are being serious, there is no rest. You craft food to heal.

• Like 1

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

The best thing about that is that it changes based on the environment. Genius!

How do you rest / camp?

I tried to RTFM but I cant find it either.

Haven't needed to recently since I got the healing spell, but I think just lying on any random bed will heal you up IIRC (I might actually be wrong, only did it once)

Edited by Llyranor
  • Like 1

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)