Somewhat related to a strictly-mechanical hiding helmets toggle, I wonder if there will be any form of hood putting-up/down or anything in. Or, you know, pushing back your cloak when you're out of the rain/etc.

Maybe stealth mode will have people "hood up," etc?

Even if it's not a toggle, it'd be nice to see the actual usage of such implements by the characters, integrated somewhere into what we see throughout the game.

Little things like that are nice. Even just actions in the midst of dialogue. You don't know who you're talking to, then, boom... they draw back their hood.

Wouldn't need to be flawlessly motion-capture simulated or anything. It's like sheathing weapons, kind of. Just the fact that the characters can and will interact with objects in such a way, and assume various states of being, breathes a good bit of life into things.

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

I never use a helmet anyway. (e.g. : BG 1/2, NWN 1/2, Elder Scrolls 3/4/5, Divinity 2, Original Sin etc etc )

Never have I created a character that like to wear helmet, so do I. So, If there's a mod done to hide it, ok, if not, then I'll just be playing without helmet once more.

The only thing I hate is when you have some games like skyrim, that make the helmet part of a "set", like giving bonuses trough feats (Light armor +10% armor or whatever if wearing full light armor Helmet, torso, legging, boots, glove). Always had to find a mod or creat one that somehow made a working helmet that have stats or not but is invisible ... quit a harsh job for something so small. It should just be like : If you don't wear anything else than Light armor then you get + 10% armor (even if you're just wearing a Light armor category of panties. This way you don't use any intermediary or heavy armors and you still get the bonus, you're not forced to wear a helmet ^^.

• Like 1

^ That, and I also think it works well when 2 items gives you (example effect) +10% Coolness, 3 items gives you +15% coolness, 4 gives you +25%, etc. Instead of "I'm wearing everything except the Sock of Coolness, but I'm still equally as lame as I was before. *puts sock on* Whoa!!! I just gained a ton of Coolness! 8D"

I like to mix-and-match armor pieces... of various styles, that is. I'm not gonna wear a cloth bracer and a plate bracer, a leather boot and a bare foot, a plate helmet and a robe... etc.

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Actually thinking about the Big Head mode it would be nice if some of the helmets were ridiculously over sized.  Imagine BG1 with a Amn Guard helm and big head mode?  Hahahahahahahahahaha.

• Like 2

I always prefer using helmets <_< Can't really understand the whole "Heros never wear helmets!" thing going on in the fiction...

Which is why I'm kinda worried whether godlike can use helmets. I mean, death godlike's head thing doesn't cover the whole face, and I hate "helmets"(that growth thing in this case) that don't cover whole face for aesthetic reasons xP They'd probably be really uncomfortable to wear, but they look really cool

Actually thinking about the Big Head mode it would be nice if some of the helmets were ridiculously over sized.  Imagine BG1 with a Amn Guard helm and big head mode?  Hahahahahahahahahaha.

"In the name of the Council, I am here to keep order, m'kay"

• Like 3

Nothing gold can stay.

To me, wearing helmets or not should be exactly like that - either you have a helmet, or you don't, there's no beating around the bush. If a character's type is one that doesn't use helmets - perhaps they impede his sight in sword fights, or maybe they just mess up his hair or whatever - then he shouldn't be using helmets and thus, have the actual advantage/disadvantage of that. Which on another point, seems to be something that is rarely thought of in many games - usually, you only get advantages of having a helmet, and only disadvantages of not having one. But, back to the topic; Not using helmets, but equipping an invisible one merely for the stats and receive advantages/disadvantages that are not in line with character's type, mind, or build or whatever, drags one's own mind out of the game world. At least to me it does.

• Like 1

I always prefer using helmets <_< Can't really understand the whole "Heros never wear helmets!" thing going on in the fiction...

Which is why I'm kinda worried whether godlike can use helmets. I mean, death godlike's head thing doesn't cover the whole face, and I hate "helmets"(that growth thing in this case) that don't cover whole face for aesthetic reasons xP They'd probably be really uncomfortable to wear, but they look really cool

Apparently Godlikes can't wear helmets.  Too many horny protrusions on their heads.  :biggrin:

I agree though that I always have them wear a helmet, it is a gear slot and makes sense.  That said though people like looking at the characters they created and I do like the hide helmet option when it is available because lots of developers suck at making nice looking helmets.

I think simply dividing the adventure up into segments of "we've un-donned all our clunky gear" is the best idea. "Oh, we've gotten to town, which is supposed to be relatively safe, and we're at our room in the inn, now. I'll just take all my plate off and go out in some lesser equipment."

Basically, the game could allow you plenty of opportunities to see your character's head, without the need for an option that makes sure you can always see it.

But, that's just me...

• 3 weeks later...