Dragon Age: Inquisition

So...do you create romance mods for NWN?

I kid, I kid... ;)

...Put the knife down! :huh:

Actually I was going to ask a similar question but not about NWN

@ NWN_babaYaga have you considered creating Romance mods for PoE?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Looks like a decent action rpg.

Took the words right out of my mouth.
You should stab him between the ribs and take them back. :)

Looks ok, probably will pick it up when it goes on sale and if I don't hear anything catastrophically bad about it.

Edited by KaineParker

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Looks ok, probably will pick it up when it goes on sale and if I don't hear anything catastrophically bad about it.

Yeah I'm probably going to play it too as I have nothing against aRPGs and to be honest we have more then enough true rpgs coming already.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

I can't bring myself to be exited for this. Everything feels so... standard and vanilla. The characters are not intriguing, the story hook is generic, the aesthetic is generic fantasy. The game has no charisma.

Well I hear there is a little game called Pillars of Eternity that rolls 20's on Charisma.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Yeah I'm probably going to play it too as I have nothing against aRPGs and to be honest we have more then enough true rpgs coming already.

I feel the same, but would probably enjoy something like New Vegas or a TES with a decent plot more in terms of an aRPG.

I can't bring myself to be exited for this. Everything feels so... standard and vanilla. The characters are not intriguing, the story hook is generic, the aesthetic is generic fantasy. The game has no charisma.

Maybe they should've used more faux-Welsh words.

• Like 2

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

It didn't look like there was friendly fire or attacks of opportunity in that gameplay.  I wonder if either of those can be turned on in a higher difficulty setting?

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Maybe they should've used more faux-Welsh words.

"Mae'r swm amgaeëdig yn cynnwys cost cludiant" said the NPC.

"What the **** did he say?" thinks the non-Welsh player.

"What's he going on about postage for?" think the Welsh player.

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

It didn't look like there was friendly fire or attacks of opportunity in that gameplay.  I wonder if either of those can be turned on in a higher difficulty setting?

those were options in earlier da games... da:o at least. da2 is kinda a blur to us and is amazing how poor we recollect it. and no, da2 were not as bad as some suggest, but the developers did cut many corners with stuff such as recycled maps... thought sherman had set way-back machine for mid 90s and we were playing diablo at times.

what we would genuine like to see is pc gameplay. honest. Gromnir could not play da2 and da:o on our console. no doubt some folks thought console gameplay were okie dokie, but we had camera invariably pulled back to max distance at all times on pc and we found keyboard interface to be far less awkward. am genuine wondering what it is about the damned da franchise that all gameplay video pre-release must be console only. da2, thankfully, had a gameplay demo so we could actual play da2 before release. any chance for a da:i demo? we don't follow bio boards much nowadays.

also, we listened to commentary from gameplay trailer and we heard the bit 'bout 200 spells and abilities... which honestly don't sound like all that much when spread 'cross multiple classes and possibly including unique npcs. does 200 sound like a small pool to other folks or 'bout right? is even worse if they do the 3 tiers for each unique ability nonsense and the pretend they gave us 3 abilities by doing so. 

am not kidding 'bout our continuing disappointment regarding the lack o' dedicated pc gamplay video. if we were paranoid we might suspect that pc gameplay is identical to console.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 3

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

da2, thankfully, had a gameplay demo so we could actual play da2 before release. any chance for a da:i demo? we don't follow bio boards much nowadays.

I'd be surprised if they offer one.  For a heavily marketed major release, Demos probably deter more purchases than they attract. 

I, for one, tried the DA2 demo for about 15 minutes and concluded that I had very little interest in buying the game. 

That said, as you've mentioned a few times, everything works out better if you wait a few months after release to decide whether you want to purchase a game.  A few months worth of reactions from PC players and fan-made gameplay videos are probably better than a demo for the purpose of making an informed purchase decision.

It didn't look like there was friendly fire or attacks of opportunity in that gameplay. I wonder if either of those can be turned on in a higher difficulty setting?

those were options in earlier da games... da:o at least. da2 is kinda a blur to us and is amazing how poor we recollect it. and no, da2 were not as bad as some suggest, but the developers did cut many corners with stuff such as recycled maps... thought sherman had set way-back machine for mid 90s and we were playing diablo at times.

what we would genuine like to see is pc gameplay. honest. Gromnir could not play da2 and da:o on our console. no doubt some folks thought console gameplay were okie dokie, but we had camera invariably pulled back to max distance at all times on pc and we found keyboard interface to be far less awkward. am genuine wondering what it is about the damned da franchise that all gameplay video pre-release must be console only. da2, thankfully, had a gameplay demo so we could actual play da2 before release. any chance for a da:i demo? we don't follow bio boards much nowadays.

also, we listened to commentary from gameplay trailer and we heard the bit 'bout 200 spells and abilities... which honestly don't sound like all that much when spread 'cross multiple classes and possibly including unique npcs. does 200 sound like a small pool to other folks or 'bout right? is even worse if they do the 3 tiers for each unique ability nonsense and the pretend they gave us 3 abilities by doing so.

am not kidding 'bout our continuing disappointment regarding the lack o' dedicated pc gamplay video. if we were paranoid we might suspect that pc gameplay is identical to console.

HA! Good Fun!

Console DAO was indeed dire. I haven't played da2 on a console, but going from the lack of autoattack in the original release... I don't think I missed out on a lot.

I'm guessing lack of pc material is due to it being still unfinished.

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

da2, thankfully, had a gameplay demo so we could actual play da2 before release. any chance for a da:i demo? we don't follow bio boards much nowadays.

I'd be surprised if they offer one.  For a heavily marketed major release, Demos probably deter more purchases than they attract. 

I, for one, tried the DA2 demo for about 15 minutes and concluded that I had very little interest in buying the game. 

That said, as you've mentioned a few times, everything works out better if you wait a few months after release to decide whether you want to purchase a game.  A few months worth of reactions from PC players and fan-made gameplay videos are probably better than a demo for the purpose of making an informed purchase decision.

after nwn, we started waiting til after first major patch to purchase pc games. we were kinda ambivalent 'bout me3 before its release, and then we got busy with work. eleven months passed between release o' me3 and our eventual purchase o' that game and we don't regret the delay. as you noted, we has beat that horse to death so we won't belabor yet again.

nevertheless, we will observe that our expectations regarding price drop o' me3 after eleven months did not match reality. is not that we is poor, so pricing is rarely a major factor in our purchasing behaviors o' games, but am gonna admit we were wildly wrong regarding the price reduction o' me3 after eleven months. we had assumed that ~ one year o' wait would result in 50% savings. dunno why... that were how we recalls the price plummet o' typical pc game software. am thinking we ended up getting me3 at 80% o' original price, or maybe a tad more... 85% perhaps? in any event, we did not get the savings we expected even if we did get a better and more stable product.

HA! Good Fun! 

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I didn't find Console DAO to be that different from the other Bio Console games, really.

(TIA: I never played DAO on PC; I did play the KOTOR's on PC and Console and JE. KOTOR combat was real similar to DAO's on a console, IMO).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I didn't find Console DAO to be that different from the other Bio Console games, really.

(TIA: I never played DAO on PC; I did play the KOTOR's on PC and Console and JE. KOTOR combat was real similar to DAO's on a console, IMO).

yeah, see, that is exact the issue we had with da:o on console: it played like kotor. *shudder* kotor, for as much as we enjoyed the game, the combat were extreme lackluster. am knowing most folks will yell "sacrilege," but when kotor were released, we noted that kotor reminded us o' ps:t in many ways, good and bad. bad combat were one o' those attributes ps:t and kotor shared. kotor combat were visually more appealing than ps:t with lightsabres and force leaps and none o' those ridiculous ps:t cut-scene spells. nevertheless, we found our self wanting to skip or speed up combats in kotor as they were kinda an auto-pilot experience for us.

point is that compare to kotor does not diminish our problems with da:o console combat.

HA! Good Fun!

Well if you didn't like the KOTOR combat, I can see why you didn't like DA:O on console.

I was neutral on it; wasn't something that attracted or repelled me from the game.

KOTOR combat was subpar no matter what it was played on. DA combat is vastly better nop matter what it was played on and it did not play KOTOR except in the most superficial of ways. KOTOR is NWN/BG/DA supra light.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

after nwn, we started waiting til after first major patch to purchase pc games. we were kinda ambivalent 'bout me3 before its release, and then we got busy with work. eleven months passed between release o' me3 and our eventual purchase o' that game and we don't regret the delay. as you noted, we has beat that horse to death so we won't belabor yet again.

nevertheless, we will observe that our expectations regarding price drop o' me3 after eleven months did not match reality. is not that we is poor, so pricing is rarely a major factor in our purchasing behaviors o' games, but am gonna admit we were wildly wrong regarding the price reduction o' me3 after eleven months. we had assumed that ~ one year o' wait would result in 50% savings. dunno why... that were how we recalls the price plummet o' typical pc game software. am thinking we ended up getting me3 at 80% o' original price, or maybe a tad more... 85% perhaps? in any event, we did not get the savings we expected even if we did get a better and more stable product.

HA! Good Fun! 

I managed to get a decent discount on ME3, but the DLC never dropped in price by a single cent as far as I can tell.