Dragon Age: Inquisition

plots just seemed more contrived.

I hear you regarding the melodrama, but it'd be pretty tough to get more "contrived" than the main plots to Baldur's Gate and Knights of the Old Republic were.   

I didn't think much about Baldur's Gate was too illogical given the setting.  Well until Throne of Bhaal but they had a lot to wrap up in a short period of time.  KOTOR I guess did go into some bizarre territory.

Please tell us what it is like one you've played around with it. 

I think the Keep is a pretty good idea for establishing world states from previous games. 

You're not allowed to talk about it though right dude?

Yeah, I'm only allowed to say that there is a beta and I'm in it :/

Free games updated 3/4/21

Woo dragons! Sure these have already been posted, but just in case - 30 mins of official gameplay footage. Apparently pre-dates E3 2014

Part 2: 

Torturing someone wearing armor, that must be new (I'll give them the benefit of the doubt though and assume that's placeholder material) :p

Tactical view looks annoying at best, I'd probably avoid it unless it turns out better than what's shown here (aka, closer to the DA:O view, wich already was too limited in how far you could move the camera away from your party) and just power through the fights, DA2 style.

Woo dragons! Sure these have already been posted, but just in case - 30 mins of official gameplay footage. Apparently pre-dates E3 2014

Part 2: 

Torturing someone wearing armor, that must be new (I'll give them the benefit of the doubt though and assume that's placeholder material) :p

Remember in DA:O where Leilana goes on about Orleasian fashion and liking pretty footwear? They're torturing her by messing up her shoes.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I think the Keep is a pretty good idea for establishing world states from previous games. 

Do you think it'll be released soon though?

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif

Do you think it'll be released soon though?

Well, they're planning to release it with a little lead time before the game comes out, and the game comes out in less than three months.  So I guess it depends on your definition of "soon."

Everything is fine when that picked "mood" will result in satisfactory dialogue, but when that doesn't happen I can't say I'm too pleased about it.

That's the big thing, the tendency to end up saying stuff you don't intend to. Certainly not just a Bioware problem though, it's a more general dialogue wheel problem as it happened in Alpha Protocol a couple of times. But it is less with full sentence options.

Part 2: 

Indeed, at the very least they should have shown her b00bies. /CDPR

• Like 1

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Wow that was excellent, its like watching an exciting trailer for a movie :thumbsup:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Except some of the dialogue (particularly Morrigan's) didn't match her mouth movements (was it unsynced for anyone else or just me?)

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Pretty meh trailer, the ME3 one was far better.  Morrigan's "set them free" sentence was said with weird lips.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

That trailer felt oddly disjointed, like it was rather haphazardly thrown together.  The elements of a good trailer were all there, but there was little rhyme or reason to how they were put together.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Besides, shouldn't they wait for release time for a release trailer?

Nah, that's known as a launch trailer.  I guess it goes teaser trailer -> cinematic trailer -> launch trailer

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Meh, that trailer doesn't give me any idea of how the game will play.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Well, that trailer was moody, atmospheric, kind of pretty in a very disjointed way, and told me pretty much nothing about the game...

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."