FO:NV - Quick DLC question

inb4 deleted and redirected to Bethesda's forums.

NV ultimate edition is currently $11.99 on Steam. that's about 10% of what you would have paid for the game at launch and all the individual DLC when they were released. If you're not playing on PC, well... What are you even doing?

Yes, this is one of the few examples of dlc that I think was done right. They each add to the base game, the level cap ecetera and are by themselves amazing additions to the game. Each very different but of the utmost quality one can wring from the engine, and explore interesting themes and locations. Worth the money, no doubt in my mind, especially in comparison to most dlc.

• Like 2

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Skip a few pints and buy the UE, it is worth it.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I feel a little ridiculous saying this, as I bought the DLC twice, but no, it probably isn't worth it. As far as DLC go, they are fantastic, however like 99% of all DLC they will completely jack up the narrative. 

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

They're among the better DLCs for any game out there, but the way it turned out is such that I only ever got around to playing one of them and don't feel the urge to start a new game to get to the others. Which is probably a useless non-committal answer for the purposes of this thread.

For a 400% markup, I wonder if it'd not be technically more efficient to just buy the base game for now and save the DLC for when a really good special comes along. But I don't know how that works on console, admittedly.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I think they are worth the price and I hate Dead Moneys collar beeping parts. I also would recommend getting it for PC for mods. I have Mission Mojave(giant bug fix), New Vegas Stutter remover and New Vegas Anti-Crash, and the game runs smooth as baby kitten.

Edit: Oh, and Mission Mojave requires all the dlc.

Edited by kirottu

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Should have bought it last year when it was 5 € for everything in a steam sale.

The DLCs are very worth it and they don't influence the main games narrative at all.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

The DLCs are very worth it and they don't influence the main games narrative at all.

This is the problem. The thing that I dislike about DLC is that they introduce new narratives. At some point the player is asked to choose one over others and the "switching back and forth" can be jarring (and frustrating) for players that look to narrative above all other factors. To be honest, vanilla NV had enough of this already.

Don't get me wrong, I love the game. I finished a 60-hour run the week before last. But it does have flaws.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Well pertinently for the PC, it's worth buying them even with no intent to play them, if only because Josh's mod requires them. So I guess not only is the DLC for console more expensive, it's missing the most important perk PC owners get for buying them. :p

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G