With all of the classes now covered to some degree, what are your initial plans for your party(ies)?

Personally I'm planning on going with a classic(at least for me) four person party. In the old IE games I always felt like 6+ was a crowd, while less than four and you're a little lacking utility wise/too easily mobbed. I might go with five depending on the in game NPCs and how the game works, but no more than five!

Druid: They just sound more interesting than wizards to me, and I almost always main a caster in this style of game - even if sometimes that caster is a melee juggernaut cleric or whatever.

Ranger: The animal companion sounds like it was done right and less of a liability like they could be in many other games. I'm also just kind of animal enthusiast. There's a little dog sleeping on my feet right now in fact <3

Chanter: These kind of make me think of the pagans in the old thief games for some reason, funky but awesome. I have never been a fan of the more faith/deity focused healers in RPGs, so this seems like a great alternative.

Those are the main classes that interest me with what info is currently available at least. 4th and maybe a 5th character I'm undecided on - I might even double up on one or two of the above.

I was thinking of playing a rogue, since I usually play a wizard or fighter type and I'd like to try something new. 

As for the party composition, in addition to the main PC rogue, if its anything like BG I'll have a fighter-type, a wizard-type and a healer-type at minimum. Beyond that, I'm more interested in which companions I enjoy having around more than I am which class they are. I don't think I'll be designing any characters other than my main PC.

6 barbarians carrying pistols.

Speaking of custom parties and guns, ever since I seen the top right char in this image:

nyfqxi.jpg

I have been pondering the possibility of 4 fighter party, named: Athos, Porthos, Aramis and D'Artagnan. That or some kind of wacky dirty pirate party using a verity of exotic weapons.

Edited by Mor
  • Like 4

I'll want to see some of the exotic stuff, so I'll probably go something like this, if I like the characters when I meet them.

Monk

Barbarian

Cipher

Chanter

Wizard or possibly Priest, Druid, or Paladin

Ranger or Rogue

Depending on the final tally of companions, I'm gonna pseudo-randomly choose a race and class, and then just use companions.

Probably going to reason like this as well.

• Like 1

I shall assign a value to all possible options, then roll percentile to determine, from my table, which party members to assemble. :)

• Like 2

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Party will largely depend on the joinable NPCs for the first playthrough so it depends on who's available, at what point in the game (Sorry Alora) and who I like.

Probably something like this

PC: Druid

Sagani: Ranger

Cadegund: Priest

Edeir: Rogue

Orlan Dude: Cipher

Aumaua: (Barbarian? Chanter?) If there is such a companion

Of course, that may vary depending on which companions are actually available and when.

2nd playthrough will probably see a PC-Rogue or Ranger and the unused companions plus adventurer's hall (unless previously used companion had awesome quest that bears repeating so soon).

So basically: I dunno really ;)

• Like 1

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

My dark paladin will require the service and like-mind of a fighter, dual-wielding alongside a rogue in black. The fourth member is the slight form of a godlike wizardess. Uncanny similarities to Lord Soth, Snake Eyes, Black Widow, and Gal Gadot are entirely intentional. 

Edited by ManifestedISO

All Stop. On Screen.

As before I will be a male human, not sure what region of origin yet.

Class wise I will either be a Fighter or a Cipher.  The more we learn the more I lean Cipher though...

The rest of my party?  No clue.  It will ride a lot on the companions and the different bases they cover/personalities they have as I don't want to do my first play through with anything less than full companion party.  No mercs until playthrough 2 at best.