AngryJoe Interview PoE

Well the way it was stated "We have eight announced companions..." sort of implies there is more than eight and they just aren't "announced" yet.  If it was just eight he would have said, "We have eight companions in game but you can also go...." blah blah blah.  Considering it is also a six person party which means five open slots only having eight "story" companions seems pretty sparse.  I would expect there to be at least ten or so, maybe not enough to cover "every" class but enough so that you could play it twice and not have the same team both times.

• Like 1

I thought Mr Adler was the native American chap off Star Trek: Voyager before Mr Joe introduced him, quite a resemblance.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

so the computer at work has no sound, so I turned on automatic captions, too funny, but not really useful. I'll watch it when I get back home.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

I hope they put some more companions in there and say nothing of it. I prepefer not to know who I'm gonna meet and take with me in my adventure beforehand. Surprise and stuff. 'Cause now I know when I meet Eder for example, that he's gonna be a companion. And I know that at some point in my adventure I'm gonna meet a rogue guy named Eder and he's gonna come with me. Surprise... unknown... stuff like these are cool ;)

I can't believe some of those YouTube comments. :/

Neither do I. Literally, I can't believe them. They're fake. YouTube comment sections are the worst cesspool of trolls in the known galaxy. 12 year old CoD players have nothing on them.

• Like 6

I hope they put some more companions in there and say nothing of it. I prepefer not to know who I'm gonna meet and take with me in my adventure beforehand. Surprise and stuff. 'Cause now I know when I meet Eder for example, that he's gonna be a companion. And I know that at some point in my adventure I'm gonna meet a rogue guy named Eder and he's gonna come with me. Surprise... unknown... stuff like these are cool ;)

Agree with this, when I played baldur's gate I knew nothing about any of the companions, and finding someone who would join you was always a nice surprise. The internet is spoiling this stuff a bit, one reason I rarely go on this board any more or read much about PoE is that I don't want to know who any more of the companions are.

• Like 1

I can't believe some of those YouTube comments. :/

Neither do I. Literally, I can't believe them. They're fake. YouTube comment sections are the worst cesspool of trolls in the known galaxy. 12 year old CoD players have nothing on them.

Yeah Youtube is pretty much crap when it comes to popular channels.  The only videos with any kind of non ass munch comment walls are hilariously the small vids from people with very low follower counts.  Like 1k or less.

Still it is nice to see the exposure this video is getting.  Just been a hand full of days and 32k hits isn't bad.

Edited by Karkarov

Agree with this, when I played baldur's gate I knew nothing about any of the companions, and finding someone who would join you was always a nice surprise. The internet is spoiling this stuff a bit, one reason I rarely go on this board any more or read much about PoE is that I don't want to know who any more of the companions are.

The thing I remember about Baldur's Gate is in the pre-release hype they introduced rather obscure companions like Safana and Yeslick.  So yeah it was surprising to find not just how many companions there were but they were mostly people we had not met before.  So far it looks like at least I will know very little about the companions my first play through so that is nice.

• Like 1

I would expect there to be at least ten or so, maybe not enough to cover "every" class but enough so that you could play it twice and not have the same team both times.

I might be mistaken, but I expect that there'll be one or two extra NPCs that might or might not become available as companions depending upon certain choices that we make within the game (e.g. selecting a certain quest, resolving a quest peacefully, being of a particular race or gender, etc.). I wouldn't expect more than that because of the cost of voice acting and the myriad of interactions and dialogue growing exponentially greater as you add potential party members.

• Like 1

http://cbrrescue.org/

Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forests and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoors experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.----Fred Bear

http://michigansaf.org/

Possibly the idea of some additional companion have been kicked around for the expansion pack? If they planned for that early on then it will make their integration easier to implement.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

I agree. I'm hoping Obsidian doesn't tell us who all the companions are and it'd be a surprise to find out for ourselves.

• Like 1

Well, this particular Angry Joe e3 interview so far has only 42,000 hits. Comparing that to his other e3 interviews, this got half as less many hits as the next least popular interview, with most receiving over 100,000.

By comparison, a good chunk of his videos get several hundred thousand and up to a couple million hits.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Well, this particular Angry Joe e3 interview so far has only 42,000 hits. Comparing that to his other e3 interviews, this got half as less many hits as the next least popular interview, with most receiving over 100,000.

By comparison, a good chunk of his videos get several hundred thousand and up to a couple million hits.

Dude it is still a niche game what do you want?  40k hits is a lot more than 0.  When Obsidian starts letting the youtube reviewers and personalities actually post information beyond the first 10 minutes of the game you will see the attention blow up.

It's just an observation. Not expecting the game to blow up and become the next minecraft, but worth noting that the video is on pace to be one his least popular to date. And this includes his coverage of other indie games.

To be fair, it's not a review, and those tend to get the big hits.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

It's just an observation. Not expecting the game to blow up and become the next minecraft, but worth noting that the video is on pace to be one his least popular to date. And this includes his coverage of other indie games.

To be fair, it's not a review, and those tend to get the big hits.

Yeah well also to be fair all the videos you are comparing it to are also years old in some cases.  Videos still get hits a week after they came out.  Also it isn't like this video contained a ton of stuff, it was pretty short and mostly things anyone "into" the game already knew.

That's why I initially compared it specifically with his other e3 interviews, which all received atleast double the hits as the Eternity video.

On a side-note ...

don't you enjoy & laugh with angry reviews ?! I find them hilarious !

If you are reading this Joe, stop playing ESO and give us some more of the angry !!!  :grin:

Matilda is a Natlan woman born and raised in Old Vailia. She managed to earn status as a mercenary for being a professional who gets the job done, more so when the job involves putting her excellent fighting abilities to good use.

On a side-note ...

don't you enjoy & laugh with angry reviews ?! I find them hilarious !

If you are reading this Joe, stop playing ESO and give us some more of the angry !!!  :grin:

I actually do. Joe was my least favourite of the gaming critics when he started on TGWTG (seriously, his first video, iirc, was "Why LOTR: Conquest is gonna be the best game evar!"), but quickly climbed to the top. Yes, I skip the cringeworthy costume bits, but he's usually fair and the right amount of objective.

• Like 1

======================================
http://janpospisil.daportfolio.com/ - my portfolio
http://janpospisil.blogspot.cz/ - my blog