I apologize if this has been answered elsewhere, or if it's a stupid question with an obvious answer. If that's the case, feel free to delete this topic and PM me how much of an idiot I am.

But can anyone confirm if we'll have the ability to attack anyone and everyone in PoE? I realize that Planescape, Icewind Dale and BG are often cited as being big sources of inspiration for the title, and all of those include force-attacking. But for some reason, I'm a little curious/worried.

i think yes. i dont remember if there was an official statement for it, but most people were in favor in a poll just after ks finished.

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

I can't remember if they said there are certain people you can only capture and not kill? You can attack everyone, I suppose, either way. There's just the matter of the permanence of their state of... out-of-the-way-ness?

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

I can't remember if they said there are certain people you can only capture and not kill?

I think it was certain scripted events where you had the option of taking prisoners but could still fight to the death.

There *might* be unkillable important NPCs but I also recall them saying they were considering alternatives ('Biff the Understudy' but perhaps less jokey)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

I don't think anyone officially confirmed that. I imagine some sort of force attack would be in (by having a command, by using AoE abilities, etc.), but (as Lephys said), it's a matter of dealing with the consequences of being able to attack anyone. BG1 had Biff, BG2 had unkillable NPCs, Planescape and IWD2 had "Despite our best efforts, you somehow managed to f up the game completely. Congratulations, this is our special "game over" screen just for you". As far as I am concerned, any of those options are perfectly fine.

Nothing gold can stay.