Is there still no world cup thread? (the sequel)

Tale

"Argentina's manager should just send the entire team out for Ice cream and leave Messi on the field -- He's only who seem to be able to actually play the game and get them this far."

Yeah, I dare them to do that for enxt game. Then, we'll see how well Messi does solo as he gets beat like 100-0. LMAO

Dohohoho, u so funneh -- Y u so funny all the time Volo? 

I don't get how Argentina has gotten this far at all. It's a rather weird World Cup. The Usual Suspects are playing rather subpar games throughout all of it. It's actually a shame to see 'Murica getting beaten by Belgium after they got this far. It would have been fun to see the underdogs get to the semi-finals.

Here's hoping for a German victory in the end. I won't stop BELIEVING.

Edited by TheChris92

Given the choice between Belgium progressing and Argentina progressing, it's an easy choice.

Belgium all the way. They've been far more fun to watch.

They've only been fun to watch their last game. If they can keep up that performance, they have a real good chance at beating Argentina.

I very much enjoy watching Messi play as well, but I'd prefer my own country to win. I'll get my Messi fix outside the World Cup. Never before have I seen the Belgian people so universally invested in their national team, and it would be nice to keep this going for a while. Plus we're all just dying for a Belgium vs Netherlands semi-final (especially since we beat their arses last time in a friendly match 2 years ago).

Given the choice between Belgium progressing and Argentina progressing, it's an easy choice.

Belgium all the way. They've been far more fun to watch.

They've only been fun to watch their last game. If they can keep up that performance, they have a real good chance at beating Argentina.

I very much enjoy watching Messi play as well, but I'd prefer my own country to win. I'll get my Messi fix outside the World Cup. Never before have I seen the Belgian people so universally invested in their national team, and it would be nice to keep this going for a while. Plus we're all just dying for a Belgium vs Netherlands semi-final (especially since we beat their arses last time in a friendly match 2 years ago).

I think the Belgium-Netherlands matches are fun, but they don't mean the same to the Dutch as they seem to mean to the Belgians. For us, our arch-enemies are the Germans. There isn't any sort of match that holds the same sort of rivalry for us as a match against them. If we get to the finals, and that's a big IF, it would be hilarious if we got to play them.

Of course we'd lose, giving us enough fuel to hate those blasted Germans for another 20 years over another lost WC finals, but c'est la vie.

Edited by JadedWolf

Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.

That's our coach right there at 4:48 :grin:

I like this one better though

Ik gun het jullie wel hoor. As far as I'm concerned, you may win all the friendly matches against us. It means so much to you, and so little to us. ;)

Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.

Ze Germans score!  Hummels heads it in off a beautiful ball in off a setpiece.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

French wasteful before that, Griezmann with the slowest pass in the world in the box when a quick one would have given Benzema a tap-in. Going to be very hard for them to get back into this now, first goal was always going to matter here.

Shirt was being pulled pretty sneakily. Good tradecraft by the CB on him

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

To no one's surprise ze Germans dispatch the French.  What I did find surprising was how flat footed and lackadaisical France was for the first 25 minutes of the second half.  I was watching it and thinking the whole time "Guys, you do know you're down 1-0, right?".

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Yeah. Pretty lackluster game, despite being a Quarterfinal. More so than any Argentina match.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Alright, we got a couple hours of break then Brazil/Colombia.  Come on Colombia, go go go!

I will post Shakira pictures if and when they score, like this one

giphy.gif

I'd really like to post more Shakira pictures.  :yes:

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Germany grinding it out again. Schurrle wasting those chances, grr.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Can't watch. Is it a fun match?

Can't watch. Is it a fun match?

Extremely.  I don't know if either team can keep up this pace for 90 minutes.  Colombia is lucky to only be down 1-0, they could easily be down 3-0.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸