Is there still no world cup thread? (the sequel)

Tale

Nice to see the Algerian sub blast the ball away, heh, talk about some grade school level crap.

That was bush league and he was rightfully booked for that.  That's the first time in a many many years I can remember seeing someone carded who wasn't even on the pitch.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

While Coulter makes some good points in that artcile, it's all  washed away by  the absolute over the top (on purpose) nonsense.  It's obviously written to troll soccer fans. And, it likely worked. L0L

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Mildly curious now, aside from 'Murica*, what other countries have domestic leagues wherein the national anthem is played before every match. That'd be probably at least mildly instructive.

* Admittedly most of my knowledge of American sports tradition comes from The Naked Gun.

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

So in France  people of Algerian origin have been celebrating the fact that their country is through by torching other people's cars and motorcycles.

Yep, given the choice I think I prefer U.S. football fans.

Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.

Link?

First the laser pointers during the corner kick, then the substitute kicking the ball out of the stadium when the russian player was to do a throw in and now burning cars.

Fun fact (i dunno if it's true though), 16 of the 23 players in the Algerian team were born and raised in France, and have French citizenship :lol:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Link?

First the laser pointers during the corner kick, then the substitute kicking the ball out of the stadium when the russian player was to do a throw in and now burning cars.

Fun fact (i dunno if it's true though), 16 of the 23 players in the Algerian team were born and raised in France, and have French citizenship :lol:

http://www.demotix.com/news/5111111/clashes-between-algeria-football-supporters-and-riot-police-lyon

The thing is that French Algerians have a better chance to play in the Algerian team than in the French team, unless like Zidane they are really really good.

Edited by JadedWolf

Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.

It's funny how most of media outlets report that Algerian fans rioted across France after the win, but French themselves use headlines like this Fans celebrate across France as Algeria make World Cup history, and from article itself you can find mention that there was some of the fans and police.

I guess in France people are used to it and consider this a normal way of celebration for the Algerians.

So, tomorrow we get Brazil vs. Chile and Colombia vs. Uruguay.  I'd love for Chile to pull the upset, but I don't see it happening.  In the other match, I see Colombia winning now that Uruguay is no longer sponsored by Barq's Root Beer.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Predictions:

Brazil over Chile

Colombia over Uruguay

Nigeria over France

Germany crushes Algeria

Netherlands over Mexico

Costa Rica over Greece

Argentina over Switzerland

USA annihilates Belgium. Convincingly.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Brazil - Chile 3:1

Columbia - Uruguay 1:0

Nigeria - France 1:4

Germany - Algeria 2:1

Netherlands - Mexico 2:2 (3:2 after penalties)

Costa Rica - Greece 0:0 (0:1 after penalties)

Argentina - Switzerland 2:3

USA - Belgium 2:1

I hope that i get one right.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I really hope you're both right about that one.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I really hope you're both right about that one.

It'll be a crushing, humiliating rout. As a result, the Belgian national program will lose a generation of footballers as traumatized Flemish youths will turn to handball as their sport of choice.

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Brazil - Chile 2:1

Columbia - Uruguay 1:2

Nigeria - France 2:3

Germany - Algeria 3:1

Netherlands - Mexico 4:2

Costa Rica - Greece 3:1

Argentina - Switzerland 4:1

USA - Belgium 1:3

• Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

So the guy who got bitten by Suarez actually thinks the punishment is excessive.

http://ht.ly/yvRp6

Go figure.

Yes, that way he avoids any blame for Suarez's punishment. But I think it's an appropriate amount for a third offense; enough to make him think twice, but not enough to destroy him as a player. Still, I hope Liverpool dumps him.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Brazil - Chile 0-0 (1-0 ET)

Columbia - Uruguay 0-0 (5-4 pen)

Nigeria - France 0-0 (0-1 ET)

Germany - Algeria 0-0 (1-0 ET)

Netherlands - Mexico 0-0 (0-5 pen)

Costa Rica - Greece 0-0 (1-0 ET)

Argentina - Switzerland 0-0 (1-0 Messi ET)

USA - Belgium 0-0 (0-1 ET)

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

^That list would make sense if it was Italy - Italy, or Italy - Greece.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

I gave super many ****s about the Copa del Mondo when I was at a family reunion when my BFF cousin was in attendance (because she gives many ****s,) this time, not so much. I have always had one expectation: America will lose (the REAL America, not Brasil or whatever, you don't count, guys. Join the Union and call yourselves slums instead of favelas and maybe we can talk.)

Brazil score their first off a corner.  The way this match has been going, the first of many, likely.

Edit:  Chile equalizes off a HORRIFIC giveaway by the Brazilian defense!  Great finish by Alexis.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸