Vote for your gaming rights!

Eddo36

I certainly won't. Violent video games promote violence, just like sexually appealing women in video games promote objectification of women, and gay characters promote homosexuality. All people who did shootings were heavily involved in counter-strike and other such "games", I mean do I need to say more?

IE Mod for Pillars of Eternity: link

I certainly won't. Violent video games promote violence, just like sexually appealing women in video games promote objectification of women, and gay characters promote homosexuality. All people who did shootings were heavily involved in counter-strike and other such "games", I mean do I need to say more?

Word. Tentacle pr0n manga and video games significantly spiked up world sales figures of octopus at live fish markets. THANKS A LOT Japan.

Edited by Leferd

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Back when I was younger, I was happy when we had shooter games in which you didn't had robots as enemies. Robot Soldiers of Fortune 2 was hilarious. The robots in Half-Life at least looked a bit more like they could exist in the setting. It took me years to figure out that there wasn't a cyborg war going on in the original Command & Conquer games. True story.

• Like 3

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

HAHAHA, self-righteous kids.

Seriously. I grew up playing garbage like DOOM and I have yet to be assaulted by nefarious government censors seeking to put a stop to vidya game violence. I'm more concerned about the stranglehold corporate interests have on our **** government.

I'm gonna go play some ****in' video games.

The robots in Half-Life at least looked a bit more like they could exist in the setting.

Thre were no robots in HL.

Edited by AGX-17

The robots in Half-Life at least looked a bit more like they could exist in the setting.

Thre were no robots in HL.

Of course there were robots. If you don't remember them, you obviously never played the German version of Half Life.

Edited by Galomtala

You never played the german version of HL.

Of course there were robots. If you don't remember them, you obviously never played the German version of Half Life.

Why would I have? HL was made by Valve software in Kirkland, WA, USA, by the American company Valve Software by a team consisting primarily of Americans for the American market.

You say that as though HL is a German game and I'm some kind of inferior pleb scrub for not having played the definitive original director's cut made by German national game developer Ventilsoftware and later butchered by a fat pig american swine called "Gaben."

Edited by AGX-17

You never played the german version of HL.

Why would I have? HL was made by Valve software in Kirkland, WA, USA, by the American company Valve Software by a team consisting primarily of Americans for the American market.

You say that as though HL is a German game and I'm some kind of inferior pleb scrub for not having played the definitive original director's cut made by German national game developer Ventilsoftware and later butchered by a fat pig american swine called "Gaben."

You have issues understanding the simplest forms of sarcasm. It's like not being able to understand wikipedia's Simple English. You are so going into my ignore list immediately, oh god oh god.

IE Mod for Pillars of Eternity: link

Instead of a good 'ole fistfight, gamers put people in their respective ignore lists.

We live in thrilling times, people.

• Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

am always curious 'bout these sites and internet polls and similar such stuff. what does joining vgv accomplish? what does the vevn actually do? join nra and you is knowing that the gun folks is having a lobby with which they advocate and cajole. your membership fees go towards paying attorneys and organizing campaigns and bribing (making perfectly legal campaign contributions to) politicians. 

congrats. you signed up and did your good deed for the day.  you has contributed to the fight to defend the First Amendment. now you can go back to playing sain't's row or grand theft auto 36 and then can act justifiably surprised when some smallish but organized group o' christian fundamentalists makes headway in increasing minimum age requirement for such games to be 40.  (hyperbole)

as far as we can tell, all such sites accomplish is deluding folks into believing they did something useful... kinda like a community college degree, but far less time consuming.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

deluding folks into believing they did something useful... kinda like a community college degree, but far less time consuming.

What a deplorable and inaccurate generalization.  Might be nice not to perpetuate an elitist stigma that harms the growth of human capital and personal welfare in the United States.

These lists are so boring. No passion, no fury, no life! They should do like what they did when the banks of Cyprus freezed the bankaccounts and shut down: Some builders took a bulldozer and opened the bank.

Do something! Have a global sit out, throw a million man LAN-party and the Lincoln memorial or something, then there might be an impact.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

deluding folks into believing they did something useful... kinda like a community college degree, but far less time consuming.

What a deplorable and inaccurate generalization.  Might be nice not to perpetuate an elitist stigma that harms the growth of human capital and personal welfare in the United States.

if you say so. we personally think it perpetuates a social stigma that promotes human growth and capital. applauding a degree form cc is kinda like the awarding o' participation trophies that became o' so common for youth sports a decade or two ago.  if folks feels a little shame that all they got is an associates degree and such embarrassment spurs them on to get a genuine useful degree, then so much the better. 

shame is an unappreciated teaching tool nowadays.  A-F grade system is actual a holdover from a more enlightened and less touchy-feely time. post graduate is indeed more bound to traditionalist thinking which does carry with it much anachronistic and counter-productive notions.  nevertheless, in spite o' fact that our primary and secondary education has fallen behind the rest o' the world, US grad and post grad school productivity is unparalleled, and such programs is more willing to embrace shame as a motivational tool. we challenge and threaten and scare the hell out o' law school, med school and grad school students, and that is the area in which we got an undeniable world edge. go figure.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

if you say so. we personally think it perpetuates a social stigma that promotes human growth and capital. applauding a degree form cc is kinda like the awarding o' participation trophies that became o' so common for youth sports a decade or two ago.  if folks feels a little shame that all they got is an associates degree and such embarrassment spurs them on to get a genuine useful degree, then so much the better. 

shame is an unappreciated teaching tool nowadays.  A-F grade system is actual a holdover from a more enlightened and less touchy-feely time. post graduate is indeed more bound to traditionalist thinking which does carry with it much anachronistic and counter-productive notions.  nevertheless, in spite o' fact that our primary and secondary education has fallen behind the rest o' the world, US grad and post grad school productivity is unparalleled, and such programs is more willing to embrace shame as a motivational tool. we challenge and threaten and scare the hell out o' law school, med school and grad school students, and that is the area in which we got an undeniable world edge. go figure.

HA! Good Fun!

I half agree with this point.  But through absolutely no fault of their own, for a lot of people, an associate's degree is about their upper limit of academic achievement, and certainly can be much more targeted and useful than trying to force them into a four year liberal arts degree.  Those people certainly don't deserve shaming.

I'll concede happily that there are a lot of people as well who relentlessly underperform their potential, and it wouldn't hurt to give them a dash of shame.

Your last point there is a little emblematic of broader American social problems: we are excellent at delivering the best services in the world to the people who have the money or the talent to make use of them, and piss-poor at delivering adequate services to those who don't.

This seems like tilting at windmills to me. Occasionally a state, like California, does something dumb and tries to legislate video games. And then it gets shot down by the Supreme Court and we move on.

Not the threat this website is trying to sell.

With lawmakers across the country at the federal and state levels threatening our First Amendment right to play video games

This is the kind of siege mentality that breeds conspiracy theorists.

• Like 2
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."