It's a beta. You should assume your saves will be wiped. Then you'll never be disappointed. :)

Seriously though... changes that screw up save files are one of the most common things in the beta process.

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

^ Apparently it's supposed to be this flawless beacon of glory in its alpha state, as well as its beta state? So much for that whole "so? people will understand it's not finished" sentiment people always express. :)

• Like 2

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Take a swimming pool, fill it halfway up, and it's pretty horrible. The thing is, the rating is on whether or not it accomplishes goals that its given state isn't even claiming to accomplish at the time. Thus, such a rating is practically useless.

Now, sometimes an early build is complete enough to still accomplish some of the game's goals of enjoyable gameplay even without being fully complete, but that's more of a happy side-effect than a criterion.

I've tried a short time with the beta, but my computer hated it.  Had to run in "fast" instead of anything else and it still stuttered and lagged something awful.  Sure hope I can play the the game at release.

What's the difference between "there", "their" and "they're"?   Apparently, none.     :huh:  

I will give you that much... it was quite un-optimized as of earlier this year. I've got a laptop that should be able to handle pretty much anything with ease, and no matter what I set it to, it... well, "struggled" isn't really the right word. But, it ran pretty jerkily. That was 2 weeks after the beta keys went out to direct backers, though. I haven't played it since, but I've followed the updates and seen a lot of the drastic improvements they've made. I'm sure it'll be quite nice come release time. :)

Thank you for trying to get us Beta keys. I joined the forum to find out whether or not we'd have to wait until the release of Pillars to get to play the full release so this is far better than expected. To those that said they had performance issues, I watched some recent "Lets play" videos on YouTube and both players mentioned how impressed they were with the smooth performance following the latest update so it may be worth checking out again if this was the only thing holding you back. Greetings all. T.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Bit late in answering but a lot of people were complaining during early stages of the early access, but the same people started saying it was awesome once a certain patch hit.

I tried getting my tier upgraded for a pledge in inXile, and they refused. I basically just wanted a tier with Wasteland 2. They replied that they are not doing that and I should wait a few weeks. 

Naturally I responded wit the honest truth : "I will wait until its out and download it via torrents for free then."

I don't get it, why not take my cash, invest it, use it, make an exception. Don't tell me to wait until its out.. I won't need any help with a pledge to get the game by then. I can just buy it anyways. So Screw whomever that was. what's more logical, take it like a bitch and pay money when the game is out, or flip the company off when they refuse your business and get it risk and cost free, via torrents anyways.

At least obsidian is nice and smart, and allows us to link and combine our pledges. I'm now trying to get my money back from my pledges with inXile for this, and I'm encouraging anyone I know to do the same. Poor forums, poor customer service, and you lose my business.

Obsidian wrote:

​"those scummy backers, we're going to screw them over by giving them their game on the release date. That'll show those bastards!" 

Now we know what's going on...

Let me see if I get this straight:

InXile told you to wait a few weeks, which triggered you to respond that you'll pirate their game, just like that, frankly and overtly?

Also, you come here of all places, the Obsidian forums, and "encourage everyone" to retract their Kickstarter pledges?

I don't know if you happen to be the eldest son of an Arabian sheikh, but all I know is this:

-The guys working at InXile are great. They've made some of the best games I know, and as a KS pledger for them, I have already got plenty of quick and nice support

-Obsidian, which you refer to as "nice and smart", have pretty tight relations with InXile. It should be no surprise, really. They even collaborate on Unity assets and solutions for PoE and T:ToN, So badmouthing one company and praise the other seems a tad confusing to me

-I can tell you for a fact that neither of them condone piracy in one form or the other.

53317881.jpg

• Like 5

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I tried getting my tier upgraded for a pledge in inXile, and they refused. I basically just wanted a tier with Wasteland 2. They replied that they are not doing that and I should wait a few weeks. 

Naturally I responded wit the honest truth : "I will wait until its out and download it via torrents for free then."

I don't get it, why not take my cash, invest it, use it, make an exception. Don't tell me to wait until its out.. I won't need any help with a pledge to get the game by then. I can just buy it anyways. So Screw whomever that was. what's more logical, take it like a bitch and pay money when the game is out, or flip the company off when they refuse your business and get it risk and cost free, via torrents anyways.

At least obsidian is nice and smart, and allows us to link and combine our pledges. I'm now trying to get my money back from my pledges with inXile for this, and I'm encouraging anyone I know to do the same. Poor forums, poor customer service, and you lose my business.

This entire post is hilarious. I'm not sure if I should spend the time picking apart in glorious detail why every single sentence is horrible.

I just don't know yet.

That post by Azmodiuz has to be included in the Obsidian Forum Wall of Shame as one of the worst posts ever on these boards.

• Like 3

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle