Hey, everyone. As you may have heard our good friends at inXile have announced that they will be giving beta access to all of their Wasteland 2 backer tiers. This is great news and we are really excited for them.

As a reward in some of our Kickstarter tiers, our backers were offered a retail digital download of Wasteland 2. For those folks we are currently working with inXile to offer those backers early beta access to Wasteland 2, as well. We will keep you updated on when we can offer you those keys and how you can redeem them.

Stay tuned.

• Like 14

Cool. I didn't expect them to be delivered until W2 released.

Which is at the end of august, if I got that right from the linked KS announcement... so 2 months early, huh?

I didn't expect them to be delivered until PoE was released, so thats even earlier for me :)

By the way, I have been stalking Wasteland 1 on GoG for some time now but I am always put off by the graphics (that game is even older than me...) is it recommended to play it beforehand for the setting or can I skip it? I really can't bring myself to play this.

• Like 1

Cool. I didn't expect them to be delivered until W2 released.

Which is at the end of august, if I got that right from the linked KS announcement... so 2 months early, huh?

I didn't expect them to be delivered until PoE was released, so thats even earlier for me :)

By the way, I have been stalking Wasteland 1 on GoG for some time now but I am always put off by the graphics (that game is even older than me...) is it recommended to play it beforehand for the setting or can I skip it? I really can't bring myself to play this.

You can skip it, although there is some inside jokes and references in Wasteland 2 that one probably will miss if you haven't played original Wasteland, but there is nothing in story wise that you would miss if you haven't played it.

• Like 1

Good to know, I've bought but not played wasteland 1 for the same reason as Doppelschwert. I backed T:Ton at the level that also included Wasteland 2, so I wonder if that will include an early key.

Edited by JFSOCC

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Good to know, I've bought but not played wasteland 1 for the same reason as Doppelschwert. I backed T:Ton at the level that also included Wasteland 2, so I wonder if that will include an early key

It includes. You can already go Torment's backer portal to get your code.

• Like 2

Does anyone know if the save games carry over for the final Version? I really want to play but if my saves are worthless it is kind of pointless to me.

I would say probably not, but... you never know. :)

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

when i backed torment, i got a tier that contained a copy of wasteland 2 that i did not back in it's day (didnt even know of kickstarted until PE). but as with Divinity OS i ll keep myself off the beta to avoid spoilers

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Does anyone know if the save games carry over for the final Version? I really want to play but if my saves are worthless it is kind of pointless to me.

Major updates have been breaking saves more often than not during the beta. I definitely wouldn't count on any beta saves being usable in the release version.

Major updates have been breaking saves more often than not during the beta. I definitely wouldn't count on any beta saves being usable in the release version.

Not surprising. Plus, after logging ten hours with the beta, I'm pretty sure how I should maximize my stats over my party.

thx.

That is too bad.  Guess I still have to wait til august then. I really hate to replay games over and over again.^^

Wasteland 2 is being offered in the Steam Summer sale right now so I have friends who have access to it now.  Are we going to get access soon?  Seems odd that inXile is selling through Steam but we don't have keys yet.

I get the impression a few things are happening:

1) InXile doesn't want to give out key two because they don't see that as anyone's but yours. 

2) Obsidian clearly *wants* to give out keys even though Eternity is not going to launch for months.

Ultimately, it is up to InXile to decide what to do here.

thx.

That is too bad.  Guess I still have to wait til august then. I really hate to replay games over and over again.^^

I actually found it quite useful. This game is a *lot* like Icewind Dale, where your early game stat allocation can really screw up your middle game.

In short if we want the game on GOG, we shouldn't betatest it but wait for the final release key, right?

Yes, that's right. If you want the GOG version, you'll have to wait until the full game is released. If you want to beta test it, you'll be locked into Steam. Presumably, the keys will be on the PoE backer portal soon. Maybe there will be an option where you can select Steam or GOG. Something like select Steam including Beta access now or GOG coming soon (when the game is released).

From Fargo over at the WL2 forums:

Our usage of Steam DRM is a temporary measure we’ve used to ensure version compliance during the beta run. We will remove Steam DRM around the time of final release, so that the Steam version of Wasteland 2 will no longer require the launching or presence of Steam to run.

Kickstarter backers should note all tiers $30 and up already have multiple copies so you will be able to grab a GOG.com key at launch. If you run into any problems with key activations, digital retailer choices etc, just contact us through the Ranger Center after release, we will work with you to resolve any issues.

Edited by Bryy
  • Like 1

Sweet baby jesus I've been wanting to try out the beta. I didnt expect to get it though since i got it through our own kickstarter. A thousand thanks :biggrin:

Edited by Gyges

Yeeesssss!

There has been a dearth of games that interest me (my last full-price purchase was Dishonored, 2 years ago).  I am currently replaying Fallout: New Vegas, AGAIN.  Definitely more than 6 near-complete runs (clocked over 1k hours on Steam).

Looking forward to Wasteland 2. Didn't follow it close, but since I'm getting it as a bonus for upgrading my Tier, I'm eager to jump into it.

... and it took me a week of nothing but eating, gaming and sleeping to complete :p