E3 Previews (POSSIBLE SPOILERS)

This could be great as long it is not like in other games when suddenly everyone knows what you did. Even when you come into a whole new town in which no one heard of you  before 

I dunno. I think that sometimes that's the price you pay for some cool reactivity. 

Yeah, it's a shortcut, but it's necessary. While having each individual react to you is possible, it's a lot of hard work. At the end of the day, they need to do what works best for this game. And in the case of a faction system, this type of reputation system works great.

long German Preview(with some mistakes): http://www.pcgames.de/Pillars-of-Eternity-PC-256319/News/Pillars-of-Eternity-in-der-E3-Vorschau-1125801/

They have problems to understand the mechanics of PoE(They say that you need stamina or mana to use abilities, both is wrong).

new info tidbits:

pop up menu for enemies with information like health, defenses, dt etc.

skuldr were enemies in the cave

There is a xaurip in the ruin(He was described as xaurip imp)

there are three ways to escape the ruin:

solve floor puzzle

destroy a wall(e.g. with items or with enough might)

get the help of the xaurip ( You must get him some food)

Edited by Prometheus

I think I know less now than before e3.

Crap... they accidentally used that Anti-matter font! O_O

• Like 1

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Huh, I hadn't seen this before:

Godlike characters will receive certain boosts, but will be ineligible to wear garments/armors or receive any of those stat buffs.

I know, my godlike dark paladin just about had a godlike heart attack at the thought of no armor. 

I haven't confirmed it, but surely that statement isn't entirely true.

All Stop. On Screen.

Huh, I hadn't seen this before:

Godlike characters will receive certain boosts, but will be ineligible to wear garments/armors or receive any of those stat buffs.

I know, my godlike dark paladin just about had a godlike heart attack at the thought of no armor. 

I haven't confirmed it, but surely that statement isn't entirely true.

IRRC, it is a certain piece of equipment. For instance, Death Godlikes can't wear helmets.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I just realised what those 6 crystal pillars are at the camp from the start of the game. The choices you make in the game leads to one of the endings where your party is transported back in time and you and your party members are locked in a crystal each, fully aware but can only watch as you see your party arrive at the start of the adventure. :p

• Like 1

If your dark paladin still possesses a heart, you're doing it wrong. :)

I just realised what those 6 crystal pillars are at the camp from the start of the game. The choices you make in the game leads to one of the endings where your party is transported back in time and you and your party members are locked in a crystal each, fully aware but can only watch as you see your party arrive at the start of the adventure. :p

This is the QUESSSST thaaattttt doeeeesss-NNNNN'T ennnnnnnd! Yes it goes onnnn annnnnd onnnn myyyy friieeeenndd! 8)

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Games.cz writeup is up: http://games.tiscali.cz/prvni-dojmy/e3-dojmy-pillars-of-eternity-plynule-navaze-na-izometricka-rpg-ze-stare-skoly-239638

This is one of the best (if not the best) writeups from E3. They seem to get all of the details correct and remember more stuff than most of the journalists (barring character names).