E3 Previews (POSSIBLE SPOILERS)

I'm loving the sound of the biography feature; sounds like a neat way to do backgrounds in-game. Hopefully they'll be acknowledged by NPCs.

Yeah, that was probably the thing in the preview I found most interesting. It's a nice way for the game to acknowledge that your character is an actual person who lived a life before the game instead of springing fully formed in Dyrwood.

That dungeon looks really great...

engwithan-ruins02-finaiap0.jpg

According to GamersGlobal the beta is set for a summer release. Steam Early Access still considerd...

This is probably an area where Vithracks like to hang out ;) did the GamersGlobal say "Steam Early Access" or only "Early Access"? Because on the pledge tiers here it says "Backer Beta before the general public" or something along those lines. Then again, I think Steam Early Access is something kind of new since the Kickstarter began.

Not that there are some misunderstandings. Gamersglobal asked Adam, if the game could be released on Steam Early Access. Adam answered, that they thought about it, but have not made any decision, yet.

Some information from the previews:

You are part of a caravan that goes to the village gilded Vale.

You can choose a background(one is sherrif).

The first fight is against two wolves.

You need to flee from a storm that can tear your soul away.(likely a Biamhac)

The female companion is called Calisca.

Calisca uses an ability called Ghost Bleach, that can stun enemies

The second companion is the caravan leader called Odema.

The two companions in the demo can die or leave your party, so it's likely that they are permanent party members.

I'm not 100% sure Odema is a companion because he never joins your party afaik.

I would just like to make a declaration: we have no ability in the game named Ghost Bleach. :grin:

Bad translation?

Edited by Sensuki

I would just like to make a declaration: we have no ability in the game named Ghost Bleach. :grin:

Bad translation?

Possibly. The ability's name is Knockdown.

There have been a few errors in the reporting, but nothing major. Just some minor things that I noticed. The only reason I commented on Ghost Bleach is because I thought it was such an odd name.

In this preview the caravan leader is called Heodan and he joins the party. So the leader seems to join the party. But it seems he can die too easy to be a permanent party member. Also they call the female party member a badass fighter.

Calisca and Odema sound like Vailian names.

It appears that Roland Austinat mistook the 5 dot as a health bar when it's a recovery cooldown timer (which I hope can be disabled) ?

I also heard a mention of green selection circles (can you change the color, because i've also seen yellow and purple in screenshots)

One of the interviewers also said that Recovery is now influenced by attributes

EveryEye's preview mentions a few (new?) things that weren't in the other previews:

1) weather effects also influence some of the character's abilities and druid can control weather (their wording is a bit unclear so I'm not sure if this is confirmed by a developer of just their conjecture, but they mention Magicka as an example of how it *might* work)

2) the enemies' health display changes and becomes more detailed based on your party's skills

They also think the animation work is subpar when compared to the rest of the visual presentation.

EDIT: Also the health bars and recovery bar are mentioned separately in the article, so I don't think anyone confused anything Sensuki.

Edited by WorstUsernameEver
  • Like 1

Cool! I didn't expect all those screenshots. Very nice.

And holy crap that choose-your-own-adventure part sounds awesome.

Bad translation?

Possibly. The ability's name is Knockdown.

What's weird is that the author wrote "Ghost Bleach" in the original German text, so there was actually no translation involved at any point. (And I can't think of a translation of "Knockdown" that is anywhere close to a German equivalent of "Ghost Bleach"...)

Edited by Fearabbit