BIS Boards Reunion Tour

• 1 year later...

...we needs a 25th Anniversary Planescape: Torment remake next year...get on it, peoples...

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

<Brian Blessed as Prince Vultan>SARGY'S ALIVE?!?!?!</Brian Blessed as Prince Vultan>

• Haha 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

55 minutes ago, Amentep said:

<Brian Blessed as Prince Vultan>SARGY'S ALIVE?!?!?!</Brian Blessed as Prince Vultan>

...barely...'pparently lots & lots o' scar tissue can cause blood clots...good thing I's gots 9 lives, I suppose...🤣

...still grindin' away at 'er, is ya, 'Tep??...good on ya; someone's gotta keep these young whippersnappers in line...seen Gina 'round lately??...owes her an explanation as ta me latest multi-year disappearance...Life seems ta be extremely content just repeatedly kickin' me in the dangly bits as I's lumbers t'wards the dreaded Half Century mark...🤮

59 minutes ago, Sargallath Abraxium said:

...still grindin' away at 'er, is ya, 'Tep??...good on ya; someone's gotta keep these young whippersnappers in line...seen Gina 'round lately??...owes her an explanation as ta me latest multi-year disappearance...Life seems ta be extremely content just repeatedly kickin' me in the dangly bits as I's lumbers t'wards the dreaded Half Century mark...🤮

Don't worry, it only gets worse after the "dreaded Half Century" mark... enjoy the ride towards it 😂

• Haha 2

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

33 minutes ago, Gorth said:

Don't worry, it only gets worse after the "dreaded Half Century" mark... enjoy the ride towards it 😂

...more like a Free Fall than a ride, amigo...Sport Goofy-esque...🤣

Man, I always love seeing this thread pop up in my email. Nice to know everyone's still kicking (maybe kinda weakly, definitely in my case. I shoulda gone into physiotherapy as a profession, I'm figure I'm close to paying rent for mine on my issues alone...)

41 minutes ago, Ariane said:

Man, I always love seeing this thread pop up in my email. Nice to know everyone's still kicking (maybe kinda weakly, definitely in my case. I shoulda gone into physiotherapy as a profession, I'm figure I'm close to paying rent for mine on my issues alone...)

...hehehe...big hugs, Kiddo; warms me ol' black heart ta see me favorite fellow Canuck still 'round...ya shoulda went inta physiotherapy fer a livin', ya coulda retired offa me alone...hehehe...🤗

Hell, it's never too late right? Gotta escape from government work at some point. I understand normally you do that by becoming a contractor and charging double what you were making in salary, but going back to school sounds more fun tbh

I should get one of those abdominal shockers and see if I can zap my way to a 6-pack. I dont have much bodyfat there so maybe electrocuting my way to more muscle mass would yield results. 🤔 Maybe another one for whatever that muscle group is that gives you the pelvic "V" too.

16 minutes ago, Ariane said:

Hell, it's never too late right? Gotta escape from government work at some point. I understand normally you do that by becoming a contractor and charging double what you were making in salary, but going back to school sounds more fun tbh

...nah, I's'd lose what's left o' me ever-luvin' mind if'n I had ta go back ta school these days; too many privileged unappreciative snowflakes in this Generation...I'd be in Cranky Ol' Cripples jail within' days...🤣

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

I should get one of those abdominal shockers and see if I can zap my way to a 6-pack. I dont have much bodyfat there so maybe electrocuting my way to more muscle mass would yield results. 🤔 Maybe another one for whatever that muscle group is that gives you the pelvic "V" too.

...nah; havin' a Keg there be an important part o' gettin' old, amigo...we's earned every roll...😂

11 hours ago, Sargallath Abraxium said:

...barely...'pparently lots & lots o' scar tissue can cause blood clots...good thing I's gots 9 lives, I suppose...🤣

Glad to hear you made it through relatively ok at least!

Gina's not active on the boards, but if you PM her she should respond!

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

47 minutes ago, Sargallath Abraxium said:

...nah, I's'd lose what's left o' me ever-luvin' mind if'n I had ta go back ta school these days; too many privileged unappreciative snowflakes in this Generation...I'd be in Cranky Ol' Cripples jail within' days...🤣

opposite. am always interested in what young people as individuals think. having an opportunity to get university aged kids away from social media and challenge/speak to 'em is a privilege.

am the first to roll our eyes at some o' the abject and willful ignorance we see when generalizing the younger generations. am also disappointed by the continuing deterioration o' basic learning and research skills 'mongst those barely old enough to drink legal. as such, feel free to chalk us up as a cranky ol' cripple w/o any guilt. nevertheless, am more optimistic 'bout young persons than those o' us born before the firstest moon landing. is the kids who still believe they may change the world, so they is the only folks who may eventual do so. am rare regretting the chance to interact with young, privileged and unappreciative snowflakes just so long as am able to communicate with 'em face-to-face.

have taught a couple classes since retirement. have also taken a couple university courses. w/o school we would probable end up in cranky ol' cripple jail... though am suspecting such involuntary incarceration would take a year or two as 'posed to days.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

You know, I gotta admit I'm also on the side of "the kids are all right."

Not uni age, but I've been taking an ASL course through the local school board, and aside from me and one other older person, it's all teenagers/high schoolers. They're all really thoughtful and sweet. And make me remember how much I don't miss being that age-- being so self conscious and young, oof! There's probably a degree of self-selection because I don't think too many kids choose to take a 3 hour class on Saturday morning, but they do make me feel a little more optimistic about life.

• Like 1

...yeah, the wife says it jus' be me ol' cranky arse too...ah well, I gots ta be me...🤣

3 hours ago, Gromnir said:

opposite. am always interested in what young people as individuals think. having an opportunity to get university aged kids away from social media and challenge/speak to 'em is a privilege.

am the first to roll our eyes at some o' the abject and willful ignorance we see when generalizing the younger generations. am also disappointed by the continuing deterioration o' basic learning and research skills 'mongst those barely old enough to drink legal. as such, feel free to chalk us up as a cranky ol' cripple w/o any guilt. nevertheless, am more optimistic 'bout young persons than those o' us born before the firstest moon landing. is the kids who still believe they may change the world, so they is the only folks who may eventual do so. am rare regretting the chance to interact with young, privileged and unappreciative snowflakes just so long as am able to communicate with 'em face-to-face.

have taught a couple classes since retirement. have also taken a couple university courses. w/o school we would probable end up in cranky ol' cripple jail... though am suspecting such involuntary incarceration would take a year or two as 'posed to days.

HA! Good Fun!

...problem is far too many don't think as individuals anymores...easier fer them ta wait ta be told what ta think by some f***tard Social Media "Influencer" or somesuch...yeah, that shyte's been goin' on e'er since Time Immemorial, but e'ery recent Generation seems ta be gettin' worse at it lately, imo...too many sheep...like a really bad version o' Genesis' Land of Confusion...

...or I's jus' a dinosaur waitin' fer that big rock ta take me out so things can start anew...who knows, maybe I's'll evolve inta a bird too...🤣

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sargallath Abraxium said:

problem is far too many don't think as individuals anymores...easier fer them ta wait ta be told what ta think by some f***tard Social Media "Influencer" or somesuch

yeah, not like the mature free thinkers who made up the bulk o' the canadian convoy protests or those qanon folks waiting for jfk jr. in dallas

is not a young crowd, eh? 

am not needing strain our recall to identify other examples.

if you think there is some kinda age cutoff for gullibility and the desire to be led, then we got a few thousand years o' recorded history which will rebut such notions. in our experience, young people is at least capable o' change. again, we complain 'bout young people all the time, but even so, am recognizing Gromnir's generation is no less broken.

'course this is not the rosy-hued nostalgia and group hug material o' this thread, so am done.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

On 3/9/2023 at 7:00 PM, Sargallath Abraxium said:

Yeah and I'm still waiting and wondering. 🤔

But it's good to see you're apparently okay. You're missed!! We're all getting older, heck it's been what, 21 or 22 years since we all met at blackisle? Maybe longer...

And it's good seeing the rest of you too! I'm always up for a reunion!!!

On 3/10/2023 at 7:08 AM, Gfted1 said:

Yeah I dont recall seeing GM since the last time this topic popped up.

I've been around, honestly!! I'll look in but just haven't much to say I guess. Far cry from my big blabber mouth days of long long ago!!!😁

• Like 1

16 hours ago, &#x27;GM&#x27; said:

I've been around, honestly!! I'll look in but just haven't much to say I guess. Far cry from my big blabber mouth days of long long ago!!!😁

Its just not the same when its not chatting at th local inn, right? 😄

• Like 1