BIS Boards Reunion Tour

The ones I miss the most are post Black Isle forums. I miss baley, especially. And metadigital, Llyranor and his alt,  Musopticon?( I used to have him on facebook, but I haven't seen him there in years), thepixiesrock, Launch, Schmart.

There are also a few that I still see posting on facebook every once in a while.

• Like 1

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

2 hours ago, kirottu said:

If you guys really miss Volo, you can always go to RPG Codex. He still posts there and he's probably not the only old BIS forumite who does. 

Thanks for letting us know about volo, I am going to create a Codex account and say hi to  him :thumbsup:

I have been tempted to create a Codex account and now its an additional reason

• Gasp! 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

28 minutes ago, Pidesco said:

The ones I miss the most are post Black Isle forums. I miss baley, especially. And metadigital, Llyranor and his alt,  Musopticon?( I used to have him on facebook, but I haven't seen him there in years), thepixiesrock, Launch, Schmart.

There are also a few that I still see posting on facebook every once in a while.

Yes but you have got to know me ....dont worry about past friends, now you have someone who even wants to come eat Portuguese food at your house. That interest in culture is real and matters. You know the SJ narrative, a person should always respect other peoples culture :thumbsup:

• Hmmm 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

2 hours ago, Pidesco said:

I like to think baley actually became a writer and doesn't have time for silly forum games. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

2 hours ago, kirottu said:

I like to think baley actually became a writer and doesn't have time for silly forum games. 

I hope so. He was quite talented and quite young.

Heja Sverige!!

5 hours ago, BruceVC said:

Thanks for letting us know about volo, I am going to create a Codex account and say hi to  him :thumbsup:

I have been tempted to create a Codex account and now its an additional reason

Bruce on the Codex will be a sight... 😛

• Haha 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

That Gorgon guy also totally disappeared. He was never seen again.

Heja Sverige!!

6 hours ago, Pidesco said:

Llyr still pops up on the computer and console area every once in awhile. Nickiam really was a different person, btw. I played Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles with both of them back in the Xbox live glory days.

I have Calax on Facebook still, if I recall correctly. He is the one who is in New Vegas.

Heja Sverige!!

31 minutes ago, Pidesco said:

I have Calax on Facebook still, if I recall correctly. He is the one who is in New Vegas.

The lottery winner?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Just now, Gorth said:

The lottery winner?

Japp

• Haha 1

Heja Sverige!!

On 8/24/2021 at 12:22 AM, Deraldin said:

Hah! Had a discussion with a friend tonight about old forums I used to frequent so I logged in here to see if the member number was still visible even though I was several months late to the party here and saw someone liked one of my posts this week so I figured I should drop in again and say hello. How's it been man? Used to talk outside the forum a lot and I still remember a few of the conversations we had back in those days. Hope everything is going well for you these days.

It's always weird to come back here and see all these names that I remember from years and years ago. Even those of you that have changed them in the intervening time. Not to mention with all the communities I've come and gone from in the intervening years, popping back here to see that Amentep is not only still around, but is still volunteering his time as a mod after all these years. It's definitely nice to have confirmation that people are doing well considering I know a few people that I lost contact with were not doing so well when the dropped off the face of the internet. (Darius, remember Blaxar? Pretty sure the last thing I heard from him was he was in a car accident before he just stopped showing up online.)

I'm doing well, Deraldin! I remember the name "Blaxar" but it's been so long now that I can't recall who he was ... was he in the Mithril Blades? I can't remember.

DM me if you want to add me on Steam or whatnot, Geoff. I'm always down to reminisce and talk. I wish I still had contact to Tristan / Alla / Citybuster / Phylos / Dallandra / Mozex / etc. There were some cool folks in the old guild. I wish I had been mature enough to really understand and enjoy it for what it was, but alas I was merely a 13/14/15 year old geek with the social aptitude of sloth.

Sheesh ... Some People!

Wow, Citybuster's a name I haven't thought of in years. Mozex as well. Was Alla something like Alla Dety (I kept wanting to read it like Alla Diety, but it wasn't that) or am I thinking of a different Alla...?

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

5 hours ago, Amentep said:

Wow, Citybuster's a name I haven't thought of in years. Mozex as well. Was Alla something like Alla Dety (I kept wanting to read it like Alla Diety, but it wasn't that) or am I thinking of a different Alla...?

CB disappeared one day if I recall correctly, always wondered what happened to her. I remember Alla too, was something like Alla D'eaty? I'm sure there was an apostrophe somewhere 😅 Not sure where she went either, when Lainey's forums crashed and died a lot of people just vanished in to the ether as they hadn't joined other gaming boards. Like me, technically, I only joined here because Gina nagged me 😅 But I had a few people's emails and we connected on SM instead. It's funny thinking back of the anonymous days of forums compared to social media. We never would have had the funny little community we did back in the early 2000s if Facebook etc had been around then 

• Like 1

Apostrophe sounds right. Actually that spelling looks right too.

I've never got into social media, which is I guess kinda weird. I've lost touch with a few friends because they went social media only (not entirely, but I can only read what they post now on their public pages.)

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Alla'deaty and the rest of the wayward Mithril Blades guild (the sort of NWN1 waiting room guild full of young roleplayers who also frequently trolled old school BIS forums all throughout) were a pretty tight-nit bunch for a couple of years there. From like 2000-2002 we were pretty inseparable. 

Now we're all old as ****. Jesus. Here I am: Age 35. The red in my hair is receding quickly to blonde ... BUT I'M NOT BALDING! Winning, right?

Sheesh ... Some People!

• 2 months later...