BIS Boards Reunion Tour

Well I am, but I was as boring in 2002 as I am now, so there's not much difference. :p

• Like 2

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Haha, those were the days.  Inns and brothels as far as the mouse could scroll.

And board based RPGs. :)

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

...who doesna luv a party??...

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

• Like 2

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

Oh God, no you weren't! Plus, you were one of the few brave souls that actually participated in Ace's brothel. That wasn't boring!

What was Aces brothel, do tell ?

• Like 2

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

The first rule of Ace's brothel is that you don't talk about Ace's brothel. :p

Seriously it was called the Red Light District IIRC?  Acted like a some of the other Inn threads, with Ace and GM as the hosts.

• Like 2

Oh God, no you weren't! Plus, you were one of the few brave souls that actually participated in Ace's brothel. That wasn't boring!

Well, lol, it all started out with Ace, Amentep, and moriveth adopting girl avatars and became "working girls". Eventually a few others joined, me included. Had some ridiculous shenanigans going on. Lots of opposition from some of the bis members, but Overseer allowed it.

I still have some of the thread on file. LC saved as much as he could before BIS closed its doors for good.

• Like 1

Seriously it was called the Red Light District IIRC?  Acted like a some of the other Inn threads, with Ace and GM as the hosts.

Yeah, he subtitled it "Beer, women and song... what could be better" Crazy goof.

Well, lol, it all started out with Ace, Amentep, and moriveth adopting girl avatars and became "working girls". Eventually a few others joined, me included. Had some ridiculous shenanigans going on. Lots of opposition from some of the bis members, but Overseer allowed it.

I still have some of the thread on file. LC saved as much as he could before BIS closed its doors for good.

That must have been hilarious, good one  :biggrin:

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Saucy. Tell us more. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Like 1

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

...wouldna do it justice, lad...not ta mention it'd prolly be a bannable offence these days...more's the pity...

• Like 2

That must have been hilarious, good one  :biggrin:

Better times to be honest. Over at Winterwind (with Gorth now posting there every now and then) we had a fun recollection going as well, about the time - already on the Interplay boards - we had a little issue with the Fallout forums (bad enough to make Interplay want to axe them... or much more) and after a some back and forth posters accused the moderators of being nazis. You know, like Volo alwas does, except in all seriousness.

Which lead to the moderator team adopting high ranking nazi officials as avatars and having "Forum Nazi" as forum title.

Try that stuff today the mod team would probably demoted over night and the community manager fired. :w00t:

• Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Hows Ace and Preacher, GM and Tess?

Ace is doing good. Works a lot. Likes to spend his free time brewing beer or working on his truck. We take a lot road trips on the weekends. Always fun to do, checking out cool places.

• Like 1

...wouldna do it justice, lad...not ta mention it'd prolly be a bannable offence these days...more's the pity...

Exactly! I found some of the pages, and truthfully, I highly doubt the contents within would be acceptable here. I wouldn't know how to post any of it even if it were allowable.

• Like 1

...figured I's'd take a gander an' see if'n me ol' Coconut Clan IWD customs page was still in existence...

... ;(

I was only a lurker on the old BIS boards and quite frankly only remember Gromnir from back then. But it's still nice to see this old community of friends coming back and checking up on eachother. I'm experiencing the same thing on another board. It's heart warming.

• Like 1

I'll do it, for a turnip.

DnD item quality description mod (for PoE2) by peardox

Older and greyer lol. Less hair on his head but more on his chin We will have been married 14 years this year. How is Mrs Gfted1 and your daughter?

Woweewowow, I cant believe how fast time flies! I too am greying at an accelerated pace but it seems to be coming in like a grey mohawk. :lol: Mrs' and daughter are doing great, the latter now being 18 and attending junior college.

• Like 2