BIS Boards Reunion Tour

So what happened to everyone else? Just melted into the mists? :(

I'm still reading, I'm just not so good at posting! 

As for moving, I've pared my possessions down to fitting in a single duffle bag. I hate moving as well, but I think I've moved apartments every 6 months or a year for the last 6 years, so I've decided I really don't need that much ****. Actually 2 months ago was the first time I've bought any furniture. As a result I am planning on not moving for at least 5 years because holy crap, screw the idea of having to move beds. Those things are freaking heavy!

I have a blow-up mattress that isn't too heavy. I'll just patch the little hole in it and it's yours!!!

I'm in the middle of moving house! We move two weeks tomorrow. :wacko: So, I am currently spending a lot of time lamenting the fact that I have so much stuff to pack...

Ahh, again eh? I'd help you if I could.

Well we just got our final approval yesterday on a house that we've been negotiating buying for the past week. We have all that packing to look forward to now.

Garage sale time:

Oak dining set anyone?

Wrought iron daybed?

I'll have the dining set, that'll be cheap to ship, right? ;)

Ugh to moving, we moved twice in 12 months not long ago. So very many trips to the tip. Gumtree and Freecycle shifted a lot of stuff too Good luck with the moves GM and Missy, excited to hear you've found somewhere GM :)

Shipping would probably cost more than the set itself, lol! If you lived close by I would just give it to you.

Yeah you guys seem to move a lot, then we don't hear from you for weeks.

Last time I moved made me so angry. Spent 3 days cleaning the old place only for them to charge us $120 for cleaning because we didn't properly wipe down our smoke detectors, and dust our thermostats and washer/dryer hookups.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

We can only reminice for so long, then it's time to make new memories. And making the new memories is the best part.

Exactly! So let's make new memories... :p

But also remember most of the boring stuff was forgotten over time, so be prepared.

I remember some boring times... it often prompted folks to create something original to give the party something new to participate in.... or to terrorize.

Well then I suggest you create macaroni and glitter portraits of us all.

Last time I moved made me so angry. Spent 3 days cleaning the old place only for them to charge us $120 for cleaning because we didn't properly wipe down our smoke detectors, and dust our thermostats and washer/dryer hookups.

This is another reason I don't want to move. Trying to get your deposit back is like pulling teeth. But of course buying a place is pretty much out of reach unless you've got two incomes here, so I'm stuck renting. Also, lazy. 

I know what it's like to move often. I've moved quite a bit over the last few years. In the last 10 years, I've lived in 6 different places and two states and my partner wants to buy a new place and move again, and rent out our current property. I think she gets bored with living in the same place for too long. I said not yet as I'm getting tired of moving all the time, lets stay for another couple of years before thinking about it. We've been in our current place for just over 2 years now.

Edited by Hiro Protagonist

Wipe down smoke detectors? And dust thermostats and dryer vents? So you were actually 'charged' for this? Did you pay a damage deposit when you first moved in?

This is another reason I don't want to move. Trying to get your deposit back is like pulling teeth. But of course buying a place is pretty much out of reach unless you've got two incomes here, so I'm stuck renting. Also, lazy. 

Reports here say to buy a house you need a combined household income of $120,000 annually. So we would need 4 incomes.

http://www.crackshackormansion.com/

• Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I've been following the property market over the last few years and noticed Canada is out of control. Australia has high property prices but the market seems to have changed and I've seen some areas in Sydney drop slightly with a correction, but overall it's pretty high here too. Although, the average yearly wage in Australia is $74,800.

edit, meant yearly, not weekly. :p

Edited by Hiro Protagonist

Reports here say to buy a house you need a combined household income of $120,000 annually. So we would need 4 incomes.

Vancouverite, eh? It's not quite that bad in Edmonton yet, I think, but it's definitely out of reach for me, and it's only getting worse. Maybe if I became a rigpig for a few years I could hack it, but I'm not THAT motivated to buy my own place. 

Sounds just like the US just before the housing crash.

...so sometime this fall/winter, GM & I's gonna try ta arrange a bit o' a "reuinon" fer the ol' BIS boards o'er at the Redux ( http://s6.zetaboards.com/MistressLair_Redux/index/ )...details be a bit lite right now as we speaks, but I's'll update as we goes...any ol' Islander that be interested, come on down an' if ya stays in touch wit' any other ol' Islander, invite 'em as well...I's'll keep this thread as updated as I can...so c'mon, lads & lasses; help us's git the Band back together... :banana:

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

"reuinon"? You deserve props for keeping up that weird faux-****ney pro-wrestler dialect with excessive periods (you know you shouldn't be starting sentences/paragraphs with ellipses, right? What is it that you're omitting?) on internet forums, but really? Come on. Normally it's "live and let live" for me, but this is egregious due to the pronunciation. Once you spell it that way it sounds like some kind of dry heave, as though you just stumbled on a corpse washed up on a riverbank after a week of floating.

Edited by AGX-17

Vancouverite, eh? It's not quite that bad in Edmonton yet, I think, but it's definitely out of reach for me, and it's only getting worse. Maybe if I became a rigpig for a few years I could hack it, but I'm not THAT motivated to buy my own place. 

You guys want to try buying in London. How does £400,000 for a one bed flat sound? That's what the flat I'm renting would go for if I wanted to buy it.

• Like 1

Dirty deeds done cheap.

...so sometime this fall/winter, GM & I's gonna try ta arrange a bit o' a "reuinon" fer the ol' BIS boards o'er at the Redux ( http://s6.zetaboards.com/MistressLair_Redux/index/ )...details be a bit lite right now as we speaks, but I's'll update as we goes...any ol' Islander that be interested, come on down an' if ya stays in touch wit' any other ol' Islander, invite 'em as well...I's'll keep this thread as updated as I can...so c'mon, lads & lasses; help us's git the Band back together... :banana:

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

"reuinon"? You deserve props for keeping up that weird faux-****ney pro-wrestler dialect with excessive periods (you know you shouldn't be starting sentences/paragraphs with ellipses, right? What is it that you're omitting?) on internet forums, but really? Come on. Normally it's "live and let live" for me, but this is egregious due to the pronunciation. Once you spell it that way it sounds like some kind of dry heave, as though you just stumbled on a corpse washed up on a riverbank after a week of floating.

Ah, people having a go at Sargy for his spelling. It's like 1999 all over again!

• Like 6

Dirty deeds done cheap.

I'm just happy this hurricane is going to be gone by the 4th so our fireworks aren't rained out.

Any other 'Muricans doing anything exciting for their 4th?

Any of you unwashed foreginers want me to send you some freedom? :p

• Like 1

I'm just happy this hurricane is going to be gone by the 4th so our fireworks aren't rained out.

Any other 'Muricans doing anything exciting for their 4th?

Any of you unwashed foreginers want me to send you some freedom? :p

We're going to a picnic at one of my brothers. People up from Arizona again since they can't do fireworks down there, plus our usual gathering. Should be fun! I really don't care much for fireworks though. Not since one of those terrible buzzy things shot at me and got caught in my hair. Lucky I didn't get burned. My excellent reflexes sent it flying in another direction. :dancing: