BIS Boards Reunion Tour

I will write a response to this thread here it is here's the response OK carry on about your business.

Hey you! Another response it due now.

OK well. First of all. *is due. GOSH.

Second of all, how do we kill off these quote pyramids again?

Third of all I'm out of things I can think of to talk about. How about that soccer that's happening, eh? I'm actually boycotting it on account of FIFA being grotesque comic book villains, but apparently there are some exciting games happening.

I think the quote thing is confusing too. I messed up big time the other day and finally decided not to post at all, lol!

Hey what avatar did you have at bis? I'm kind of remembering a drawing of sorts showing a chair being chucked. Maybe it's just the image I conjured up in my own mind though...??? :blink:

I thought it was a bear or something for some reason.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Nostalgia alone isn't ever enough, really, which tends to explain the annual nature of this kind of thread. But if each time we go around, one or two people stick around and become general posters then it's worth it. And if not, well we've still had about a fortnight of fun out of it.

• Like 1

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

So what happened to everyone else? Just melted into the mists? :(

I'm in the middle of moving house! We move two weeks tomorrow. :wacko: So, I am currently spending a lot of time lamenting the fact that I have so much stuff to pack...

• Like 1

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein

You never realise how much stuff you have until it's time to move.

Absolutely. The nervous breakdown comes when you think you're almost done, then realise you have stuff stored in the loft space.  :down:

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein

Absolutely. The nervous breakdown comes when you think you're almost done, then realise you have stuff stored in the loft space.  :down:

My condolences, I moved two weeks ago. You pack up all the stuff and then the last few bits and pieces seem to take forever. Then you've got to do the reverse the other end. I hate moving. The absolute worst is having to deal with a new council, though. They all seem to do things differently and are equally arseholeish to deal with.

• Like 1

Dirty deeds done cheap.

We can only reminice for so long, then it's time to make new memories. And making the new memories is the best part.

Exactly! So let's make new memories... :p

I'm in the middle of moving house! We move two weeks tomorrow. :wacko: So, I am currently spending a lot of time lamenting the fact that I have so much stuff to pack...

Ahh, again eh? I'd help you if I could.

Well we just got our final approval yesterday on a house that we've been negotiating buying for the past week. We have all that packing to look forward to now.

Garage sale time:

Oak dining set anyone?

Wrought iron daybed?

• Like 1

I went out to get some boxes from the garage for the house and realized we'll probably need those boxes for all the crap in the garage! We definitely need to get rid of stuff.

We can only reminice for so long, then it's time to make new memories. And making the new memories is the best part.

But also remember most of the boring stuff was forgotten over time, so be prepared.

Well we just got our final approval yesterday on a house that we've been negotiating buying for the past week. We have all that packing to look forward to now.

Garage sale time:

Oak dining set anyone?

Wrought iron daybed?

Got any comic books, preferably pre-1957? :dancing:

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I'm still reading, I'm just not so good at posting! 

As for moving, I've pared my possessions down to fitting in a single duffle bag. I hate moving as well, but I think I've moved apartments every 6 months or a year for the last 6 years, so I've decided I really don't need that much ****. Actually 2 months ago was the first time I've bought any furniture. As a result I am planning on not moving for at least 5 years because holy crap, screw the idea of having to move beds. Those things are freaking heavy!

• Like 1

Garage sale time:

Oak dining set anyone?

Wrought iron daybed?

I'll have the dining set, that'll be cheap to ship, right? ;)

Ugh to moving, we moved twice in 12 months not long ago. So very many trips to the tip. Gumtree and Freecycle shifted a lot of stuff too Good luck with the moves GM and Missy, excited to hear you've found somewhere GM :)

• Like 1

Spamming is what gives BISers their power. It's an entropic field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the forum together.

• Like 2

Spamming is what gives BISers their power. It's an entropic field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the forum together.

BISers, 10 solid years of penetration.

• Like 4

But also remember most of the boring stuff was forgotten over time, so be prepared.

I remember some boring times... it often prompted folks to create something original to give the party something new to participate in.... or to terrorize.

Garage sale time:

Oak dining set anyone?

Wrought iron daybed?

Got any comic books, preferably pre-1957? :dancing:

I really don't. But I do have some old books.