BIS Boards Reunion Tour

It was social justice issues, all day, every day. :lol:

Basically everybody came together to talk about how great I was. It was a little embarrassing, but everybody has their cross to bear, you know?

:lol:

Both very funny answers, but seriously what did you use to talk about ?

Edited by BruceVC
  • Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I have to be honest I am very interested in this thread because you guys all seem genuinely fond of each other and its great to see :thumbsup:

What did you  use to discuss back in the day? What were the pertinent discussions, was it about gaming, social justice issues, politics..the reason I ask is I am fascinated by what was possibly one of the salient reasons for your kinship

All of the above! But in their proper forums for the most part. I must be honest and say that I tended to hang out in wwot 95% of the time, and TMC (toms music corner). Fun and games. LOL. We had your typical topics and questionaires... but we also had several inns and a psych ward (Dalla's psychward iirc) and some rps going on. We had our battles, but you're right, we ARE fond of each other. I think what it comes down to is we are family. Each and every one. I love these people, even the ones I don't!!!

Someone else could probably tell you more about the other forums though.

• Like 3

I have to be honest I am very interested in this thread because you guys all seem genuinely fond of each other and its great to see :thumbsup:

What did you  use to discuss back in the day? What were the pertinent discussions, was it about gaming, social justice issues, politics..the reason I ask is I am fascinated by what was possibly one of the salient reasons for your kinship

All of the above! But in their proper forums for the most part. I must be honest and say that I tended to hang out in wwot 95% of the time, and TMC (toms music corner). Fun and games. LOL. We had your typical topics and questionaires... but we also had several inns and a psych ward (Dalla's psychward iirc) and some rps going on. We had our battles, but you're right, we ARE fond of each other. I think what it comes down to is we are family. Each and every one. I love these people, even the ones I don't!!!

Thanks GM, that's very sincere and informative response :)

• Like 2

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

We all just talked about the varous BIS games in the appropriate forums, and pretended know about polics in the 'Ye Olde Pages' political forum. In WWOT forum we just talked about what any people talk about in such forums, and spammed pointless posts to see who could get the biggest virtual **** (post count). Anything to avoid actually do Uni coursework in my case.

• Like 3

We all just talked about the varous BIS games in the appropriate forums, and pretended know about polics in the 'Ye Olde Pages' political forum. In WWOT forum we just talked about what any people talk about in such forums, and spammed pointless posts to see who could get the biggest virtual **** (post count). Anything to avoid actually do Uni coursework in my case.

You going to accept my request to join your FB group, or what? Hop to it.

• Like 1

Dirty deeds done cheap.

Well, for me at least, it was mostly the sense of kinship with people who had the same interest. To really get a good understanding you have to know I grew up in a really small town in Oklahoma (My highschool graduating class was 27 kids.) So while most of my friends were hunting, fishing or driving trucks around in mud, I wanted to slay dragons and look at elven boobs (Well I was a teenager.) I found the forums after Baldur's Gate came out, so some time after 98 I can't exactly remmeber when but I was maybe 15-16 at the time. I always had friends in highschool but the forums were really a place I could just be my goofy nerdy self without fear of judgement. I bought my first webcam and started using MIRC just so I could chat with the people from those boards.

While we all shared a love of gaming and typically DnD we just talked about stuff regular people talked about. We had fun hangouts where we could act silly together, we had a hottub to relax in. I had my first embarassing internet crush (Ravenskya where are you!) I never really got too into politics and there was no such thing as social justice back then. It was mostly just a space for me to have friends and goof off. I tried my best to avoid drama on the boards, and there was some real **** back then too. I think what made it special was it was a much smaller place, so if you were a regular "everybody knows your name."

I sort of started to grow apart from the forums and internet life when I got into college. I had less free time for it and was able to find people close to me with whom I shared interests (plus you know, real boobs.) So they demanded more and more of my time and with other personal stuff going on I just faded away.

• Like 4

I love these people, even the ones I don't!!!

I don't think I've ever told you this but you have to be one of the sweetest people I have ever had the pleasure of meeitng on the internet.

• Like 3

Well, for me at least, it was mostly the sense of kinship with people who had the same interest. To really get a good understanding you have to know I grew up in a really small town in Oklahoma (My highschool graduating class was 27 kids.) So while most of my friends were hunting, fishing or driving trucks around in mud, I wanted to slay dragons and look at elven boobs (Well I was a teenager.) I found the forums after Baldur's Gate came out, so some time after 98 I can't exactly remmeber when but I was maybe 15-16 at the time. I always had friends in highschool but the forums were really a place I could just be my goofy nerdy self without fear of judgement. I bought my first webcam and started using MIRC just so I could chat with the people from those boards.

While we all shared a love of gaming and typically DnD we just talked about stuff regular people talked about. We had fun hangouts where we could act silly together, we had a hottub to relax in. I had my first embarassing internet crush (Ravenskya where are you!) I never really got too into politics and there was no such thing as social justice back then. It was mostly just a space for me to have friends and goof off. I tried my best to avoid drama on the boards, and there was some real **** back then too. I think what made it special was it was a much smaller place, so if you were a regular "everybody knows your name."

I sort of started to grow apart from the forums and internet life when I got into college. I had less free time for it and was able to find people close to me with whom I shared interests (plus you know, real boobs.) So they demanded more and more of my time and with other personal stuff going on I just faded away.

Thanks for sharing, that's another personal and interesting post around the  gregarious nature of the BIS forums :)

• Like 1

John Milton 

You going to accept my request to join your FB group, or what? Hop to it.

Sorry, had to delete all the threads about you first

• Like 4

...was home, lad, plain & simple...we laughed, screamed, trolled, sung, spammed, cried...together...from alla'deaty to Zanzibar (10 points ta who remembers both) an' e'eryone in-between, we was one big dysfunctional family...an' I personally luved e'ery minute...home is where the heart is...Black Isle Studios Message Board & it's members'll always have mine...

Basically everybody came together to talk about how great I was. It was a little embarrassing, but everybody has their cross to bear, you know?

...ya fergot damn sexy... :blink:

(((BIGGIGANTICGARGANTUANWEMICHUGS)))

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

• Like 5

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

I think what I liked most about the BIS forums was that the devs were part of the community. Even Feargus posted semi-regularly

What happened to Puuk?

Edited by Oerwinde
  • Like 2
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I love these people, even the ones I don't!!!

I don't think I've ever told you this but you have to be one of the sweetest people I have ever had the pleasure of meeitng on the internet.

You just made my day all the brighter. That has got to be among the best compliments I've ever had! *blows a kiss to Adam*

• Like 1

I think what I liked most about the BIS forums was that the devs were part of the community. Even Feargus posted semi-regularly

What happened to Puuk?

Speaking of such, there is one here who was definitely part of BIS but has yet to join in. *casts suspicious glances at Fionavar*

• Like 2

Reminds me, I'll have to dig out the last post counts and share them....

Another thing, remember those stupid popularity threads? All the nominees pm'ing everyone to vote for him or her. I must have sent DOZENS of pm's promising special favors if they'd vote for me. LOL!

• Like 3

Another thing, remember those stupid popularity threads? All the nominees pm'ing everyone to vote for him or her. I must have sent DOZENS of pm's promising special favors if they'd vote for me. LOL!

:lol:

• Like 1

John Milton 

I remember those "Write something about the person above you" threads. I think I once called Amentep the god of all comic book knowledge.

• Like 2

I had loads of fun doing the Swordsman Competitions, that was WAY more fun than coursework. I think I still have the ones I did saved (I poured a lot into them!), ah, the Home Erotic Undead may get us all yet <3

• Like 2

Heavy lurker back then and was only semi-active posting here and there; mostly in the Bio-centric boards all the way back to development of TotSC.

That said, I stayed for the trolls. Good entertainment. Visceris, Volo, Grommy, Karzak, Sarggy et al. Plus Gaider and Sawyer were very active as well.

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I had loads of fun doing the Swordsman Competitions, that was WAY more fun than coursework. I think I still have the ones I did saved (I poured a lot into them!), ah, the Home Erotic Undead may get us all yet

You posted it here. Good times. That damn HEU took me down in the semi-finals. *shakes fist*

• Like 2

I had loads of fun doing the Swordsman Competitions, that was WAY more fun than coursework. I think I still have the ones I did saved (I poured a lot into them!), ah, the Home Erotic Undead may get us all yet <3

You posted it here. Good times. That damn HEU took me down in the semi-finals. *shakes fist*

The HEU beat the stuffing out of me too.

• Like 1

"HOW THE **** CAN A SOFA BECOME ONE OF THE HOMO-EROTIC UNDEAD? WELL???"

• Like 1

Haha. Yeah I just found some on my laptop, I don't have the 1st one I did, but I have parts 2, 3 and 4. I think #2 was the best one

• Like 2