BIS Boards Reunion Tour

It occurred to me, much too late, that I should've held those boards for you! I would have done it too, in a heartbeat if I had thought of it before the end.

But you're here now, and more friends are showing up, and that's all good.

Yeah, I wasn't particularly organised at the time or I would have sorted something out.  Oh well!

• Like 1

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein

:banana:

...hehehe....ahhh, now we's cookin' wit' gas...I's gettin' teary-eyed already...hehehe...

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

• Like 1

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

Yes, this is Kate.  

It's been a stupid long time and a lot has happened, but I suppose the only thing that would be of much interest to y'all is that I've been married for moriveth for the past nine years and that s/he is as dementedly awe-inspiring as ever.

• Like 3

So I actually had to register here... been through too many boards, guess I didn't sign up for this one yet. :p

Anyhow, I am around on facebook and irc sometimes. 

It's weird as hell thinking I started talking to y'all like, 10 years ago. Makes me feel old and crotchety. 

Geez the last time I talked to you was when you were still in China!

So much changed when Missy closed down her boards. :(

Well, I got back from China about a year ago now! Tragically, I had to start doing the whole "real life" thing. It's really overrated. Hmm. I suppose not a ton has changed, really. 

• Like 1

Yes, this is Kate.  

It's been a stupid long time and a lot has happened, but I suppose the only thing that would be of much interest to y'all is that I've been married for moriveth for the past nine years and that s/he is as dementedly awe-inspiring as ever.

Oh hey, I have something for you, if I can ever get it to working right. I'm going to try and post it this week. Might wanna check back... :yes:

• Like 2

...hehehe....ahhh, now we's cookin' wit' gas...I's gettin' teary-eyed already...hehehe...

Aww!! I thinks you need a big huggy!

(((HUGGY)))

• Like 1

I miss Deslaar. He was always fun to see in the Ye Olde Political forum. There's probably another 15-20 people I can name. I think I remember someone by the name of Helge or something similar and he became a mod. And I think there was a bit of contention with him and no idea what that was all about, or maybe I'm not recalling correctly.

• Like 1

Good grief.  The bottom pic is the top of my wardrobe in 2003.

Pray tell what does your wardrobe look like now ? :unsure:

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Haha! The soft toys are no longer. ;)

• Like 2

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein

The top picture was something somebody's friend or relative posted on B3ta, I remember. Dunno whose friend or relation. I remember it because of the quality of the artistry. Quite a jarring recollection, actually.

• Like 2

Dirty deeds done cheap.

I think I remember Missy hating that picture, yeah.

I also still have the frog from the bottom picture (well, not that exact one, but one just like it).

That frog is quite cute :cat:

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I just saw the thread with news of Scott/Tarna. I'm so sad, I always thought there would be time for us to reconnect and catch up again. I had been thinking of emailing him for the last year. 

...was a terribly sad time, indeed...not a day goes by that I dunna wish I'd 'ave stayed in touch...was a good man and a good friend...

Aww!! I thinks you need a big huggy!

(((HUGGY)))

...yeah, I's really turnin' inta an ol' sap these days, lass...now c'mere an' give the ol' furball a squeeze!!...

(((BIGGIGANTICGARGANTUANHUGS)))

I miss Deslaar. He was always fun to see in the Ye Olde Political forum. There's probably another 15-20 people I can name. I think I remember someone by the name of Helge or something similar and he became a mod. And I think there was a bit of contention with him and no idea what that was all about, or maybe I'm not recalling correctly.

...hehehe...I remembers Helge...was a good lad an' a tall fella like I's is (he was 6'8 or somesuch)...was FInnish or somesuch, I believes...maybe Norwegian...somethin' like that...hehehe... :dancing:

...oh, an' HEYA, KIDDO!!... :w00t:

~ tackles Ariane with a not-a-dirty-old-man wemic-hug ~

:devil:

• Like 2

...ya know, I's'd literally soil meself if'n Mystique showed up outta the blue... :blink:

• Like 1

After selling her beanie babies for millions her wardrobe is now made of solid gold.

• Like 3

There's no way I'd see that amount of cuddly toys as a visitor and think "Oh Christ, I'm about to be killed, chopped up and buried under the patio". Nope. No sir.

• Like 2

Dirty deeds done cheap.

...ya know, I's'd literally soil meself if'n Mystique showed up outta the blue... :blink:

I always pictured Mystique as some little sulking kid sitting against a wall for some odd reason. As soon as you mentioned him that image popped into my head again.

• Like 1

I have to be honest I am very interested in this thread because you guys all seem genuinely fond of each other and its great to see :thumbsup:

What did you  use to discuss back in the day? What were the pertinent discussions, was it about gaming, social justice issues, politics..the reason I ask is I am fascinated by what was possibly one of the salient reasons for your kinship

• Like 2

John Milton