BIS Boards Reunion Tour

"I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own."

Edited by Amentep
  • Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Hello! I recognise some avatars and names in here! Not sure if anyone remember me, I'm racking my brains trying to remember what avatar I used to use over at BIS. I was also on ML for ages  :cat:

I remember you sweetie! From both places.

And that's gotta be Kate right? Where have you been?

Hiro, what member list? I wanna see it.

• Like 1

Hello! I recognise some avatars and names in here! Not sure if anyone remember me, I'm racking my brains trying to remember what avatar I used to use over at BIS. I was also on ML for ages  :cat:

I remember you sweetie! From both places.

And that's gotta be Kate right? Where have you been?

Hiro, what member list? I wanna see it.

Just the member list here. http://s6.zetaboards.com/MistressLair_Redux/members/ There's not many people. I do remember Kate and Shadiou from the BIS forums.

Oh wow, I do have an account there. I just can't remember any passwords for it, or even the password for my very old hotmail address.  :ermm:

• Like 1

Don't think us plebs would have had the privilege of custom avatars. Unfortunately my only pictorial evidence of the BIS forum just missed it, but it does quote your crimes for posterity.

(For context, this was from the time the IPLY forums had already gone up and most of the BIS forums were already locked, we were probably only able to post in WOT or somesuch)

f3vyNGK.jpg

EDIT: This was posted a year ago or so, the last time we had a old timey time nostalgia session. Specifically recalling the Lord Jim incident.

P.S. Thought I saw Caelis on the Whirlpool forums a couple years ago, but I may have been imagining things.

• Like 1

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Thinking back, geez we used to have a pretty sizable Aussie mafia around in the day. Most have vanished now, though I'm one of the early guilty ones on that score. At least I can count four if I'm not mistaken in this thread.

Edited by Humanoid
  • Like 1

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Haven't seen Charcoal or Chairchucker or Veloxyll in ages.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Yeah, Rachel left not long after we moved from BIS to Interplay, as I recall.  Not sure if she was active here at some point or not.

I remember her and I having a bit of a disagreement when we were both still mods.  Ultimately time has proven her right and me wrong.  Awkward. :)

Edited by Amentep
  • Like 1

Talking about Aussie's, anyone know what happened to Charcoal? Probably passed out in some pub no doubt.

Sounds about right. :)

Veloxyll is around on FB.

• Like 1

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein

Don't think us plebs would have had the privilege of custom avatars. Unfortunately my only pictorial evidence of the BIS forum just missed it, but it does quote your crimes for posterity.

(For context, this was from the time the IPLY forums had already gone up and most of the BIS forums were already locked, we were probably only able to post in WOT or somesuch)

f3vyNGK.jpg

EDIT: This was posted a year ago or so, the last time we had a old timey time nostalgia session. Specifically recalling the Lord Jim incident.

P.S. Thought I saw Caelis on the Whirlpool forums a couple years ago, but I may have been imagining things.

Ok crikey! *cringe*

• Like 1

f3vyNGK.jpg

Ok crikey! *cringe*

You skanky harlot!

• Like 1

Indeed! In fact, I am fairly sure that my custom title was probably something along the lines of 'Skank of the Isles' at one point. Classy bird, me.

TBH though I bet I have better dirt on people from IRC logs :D

• Like 1

Moving boards does weird things to nostalgia. There's a thread here reminiscing about the days of the BIS forums that easily comes up via a simple forum search and is full of familiar names. Yet that thread is from *2005*, so it was created two years after the closure. That thread is therefore itself nearly a decade old, five times longer than the gap to what it was addressing. But because it's here it doesn't feel too long ago at all.

The other thing is that I think my post count from the one year the IPLY forums existed is still higher than my total here made over more than a decade...

• Like 1

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Indeed! In fact, I am fairly sure that my custom title was probably something along the lines of 'Skank of the Isles' at one point. Classy bird, me.

TBH though I bet I have better dirt on people from IRC logs :D

*looks at Ariane and rubs nads*

Or whatever it was.

• Like 1

Dirty deeds done cheap.