The Giant E3 Thread

Bryy

So essentially the new Mass Effect is just concept art at this stage?

In the new Mass Effect - You play as Casey Hudson with your trustworthy wise-cracking side-kick Mac Walters.

If you get to play as Casey Hudson, then I hope they do another ME2 suicide mission again where you have the chance to kill yourself off.  ;)

• Like 1

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

This just in, Project CARS still looks amazing

Project CARS + 1440p = match made in heaven. (Sucks I can't find this trailer in 1440p)

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Looks pretty fun.  I'm a big fan of puzzle platformers, so it should be right up my alley.  Plus, Toad was my mother****er in Super Mario Bros. 2.  The little dude is just too adorable.  He's wearing a snazzy explorer outfit.  Plus, the trailer has goombas wearing life preservers.  This is why I'll always love Nintendo.  While everybody else and their grandmother is making Headshot, Hell Yeah.  Brofist.  'Murica **** Yeah! type games (nothing wrong with those types of games, but there's certainly no shortage of them), Nintendo is making Toad wearing a headlamp and goombas wearing life preservers.  Yeah.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Looks pretty fun.  I'm a big fan of puzzle platformers, so it should be right up my alley.  Plus, Toad was my mother****er in Super Mario Bros. 2.  The little dude is just too adorable.  He's wearing a snazzy explorer outfit.  Plus, the trailer has goombas wearing life preservers.  This is why I'll always love Nintendo.  While everybody else and their grandmother is making Headshot, Hell Yeah.  Brofist.  'Murica **** Yeah! type games (nothing wrong with those types of games, but there's certainly no shortage of them), Nintendo is making Toad wearing a headlamp and goombas wearing life preservers.  Yeah.

First thing to come out of E3 (well, more accurately, out of this thread, since I'm relying on you lot to give me all the relevant news) I can say I'm unequivocally pleased about. That this is my first post in this thread is probably indicative of that.

I mean I saw the headline about Grim Fandango and it was cool up until the guy said it was 'exclusive' to the Sony platforms. While I've since seen Tim hint about other platforms, that was about as big a dampener as could be conceived.

• Like 1

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Yeah, I'm not down on Sony for this (though in general I am, all the way back to the rootkit fiasco), but I am very much down on Disney/LucasArts, who deserve no credit for it, because the inevitable impression is that this is something that's happened *in spite* of them. I wonder what happened in 2009, which was the first and last time they released a non-remastered version of any of their classic games. What would a policy of only releasing games redone with modern graphics (MI1/2, GF) possibly achieve?

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

where is the Pillars of Eternity footage?

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I'm a big fan of puzzle platformers, so it should be right up my alley.  

Me too, and here's one that I'll never forget. I hold it as one of my all time favourite games, for Commodore 64:

Edited by IndiraLightfoot

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

That Elite trailer was cool - but 400 billion star system.. Is that even possible to make?

The good thing about physics is that once you have the rules set up you don't actually need much information to accurately describe derived systems. You could describe the Sol system quite easily and with reasonable fidelity in less than 1kb of data, excluding earth- and (presumably) most systems will not have intelligent life in Elite if it's anything like E2/ FFE, which had pretty detailed large scale physically accurate planetary systems on a 1.44MB floppy. Again presumably they will use an equivalent to the original's procedural generation for most of those systems rather than designing them by hand though, hand design would be asking slightly too much.

But won't it just be 99,999% useless filler then? I can't imagine the game having more than 10.000 meaningful systems.

I mean sure it's fairly realistic and all, even doubly so - but is that good in a game?

Fortune favors the bald.

It's probably indifferent in a game- while there would be far more than anyone could feasibly visit that should not in itself effect quality, assuming the worlds are generated efficiently so don't slow development. There's no obligation to visit all/ most/ many systems, most likely.

Heh, they'll probably do realistic dynamic star fields based on the systems, knowing Braben. His physics autism could be highly annoying in FFE when you went to a binary star and the planet you wanted was on the other side of the system, took forever to get there without hyperspace.

So now that E3 is done, what's the consensus?  Excited about what you saw  or underwhelmed with what was shown?

Nintendo sold me on a Wii U (granted, I was nearly sold on a Wii U even before E3).  Otherwise...  meh.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

So now that E3 is done, what's the consensus?  Excited about what you saw  or underwhelmed with what was shown?

There weren't many new announcements. What I was interested in before E3, I am still interested in.

There weren't many new announcements. What I was interested in before E3, I am still interested in.

That's kind of where I'm at after E3.  The stuff I was interested in prior, I'm still interested in, but I didn't really see anything revealed at E3 that caught my attention.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)