The Giant E3 Thread

Bryy

The presentation I'm waiting for kicks off the day tomorrow.  C'mon Nintendo, give me the Metroid game for WiiU.  Give it to me!  Stop dragging your feet and announce Metroid already.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Out of question, what did Miyazaki do? I generally don't pay attention to game directors. I'm guessing Resident Weevil but who knows.

Also Far Cry 4 is looking quite nice.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Who are the people asking for more zombie games?  Yeah, there certainly aren't nearly enough zombie games out right now.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

This guy conducting the Sony presentation should not be trying to make teh jokez.  Freakin' cringeworthy.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

That was insane.

Not worthy of the R6 name, though. Ubi's getting annoying with these trailers with the VA's portraying players.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Hmm..  Still a bit too fast paced.

Looks great, but I'll doubt the game will play like that. Truth is, probably everyone will rush around right after start and then die. Especially on public servers of course.

Bleh, make it a bit slower and singleplayer and I would be jumping circles now.

/Edit: That Mass Effect stuff is so much PR bla bla, it's not even funny anymore. :D

/Edit2: Evil villain Bryko in FarCry 4 looks interesting, but his crazyness reminds me a bit too much of that guy in FarCry 3.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Yay. Casey Hudson talking out of  his ***,  concept art and BioWare Montreal... Why should I care about games made by BioWare Montreal? Have they actually ever made anything decent?

Think they did the multiplayer part of ME3, which was actually pretty fun.

Is it just me or does it seem like there are more and more non-announcements.  The whole Bioware one was basically, "We're Bioware.  We make games.  We made Mass Effect.  We're not the Bioware making the new Mass Effect.  Did you know we're making a game?  I bet you didn't!  Here's some trees!  See you next year for the announcement of the announcement of the game that we're making!"

I'm going to need better directions than "the secret lair."

-==(UDIC)==-

Why is every E3 video now with the developers going "this is how we make the game and why it's special" rather than just letting the gameplay/trailer speak for itself?

A trend that was kicked into mainstream when Apple and Google managed to steal their respective markets by talking about why they did what they did as to opposed to simply selling what. It's a mantra in modern media marketing that people don't buy what you sell they buy why you sell it.

Fortune favors the bald.

That was a damn fine trailer.

Yeah, it sort of reminded me of the feelings I got when I saw the Dead Island trailer for the first time. I thought this was especially clever though, as (a) there's no real violence / shooting (and the game is, fundamentally, a shooter) and it gave a clear idea of where the player stands in the grand scheme of things. It just did it for me, I'm pretty excited about The Division anyhow, and everything I see just oozes more and more quality.

sonsofgygax.JPG