Ongoing discussion of Ukraine

Rosbjerg

Ukraine's President Petro Poroshenko called for the creation of a commission to investigate the accident.

"This is the third tragic incident in recent days after Ukrainian military An-26 and Su-25 jets were shot down from Russian territory. We don't rule out that this plane was also shot down, and we stress that the Ukrainian military didn't take any actions to destroy targets in the air," he said.

Seems they did lose an An-26 as well.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

"This is the third tragic incident in recent days after Ukrainian military An-26 and Su-25 jets were shot down from Russian territory. We don't rule out that this plane was also shot down, and we stress that the Ukrainian military didn't take any actions to destroy targets in the air," he said.

The conclusion of my last post was that the Ukrainian rebels believed they had shot down another one.

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

Ah, the An-26 was on the 14th, thought it was today.  Well, guess it is the rebels that hit the wrong target.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Guess it'd be that Russia didn't do it.  Some news about the rebels taking a base with Buk missiles stored there in June, but was from Voice of Russia.  Heh, Reuters tweeting photos of wreckage with bodies.

Edited by Malcador

Black boxes will be confiscated by the Russians and never heard from again.

Don't joke I'm sure that's exactly what will happen if the Russians get to it first

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Doubt black boxes really register incoming missiles, though.

Epic fail on the part of these rebels...

https://twitter.com/hashtag/strelkov#

Strelkov don't have twitter account this is fake. This is also cause question who create this account and why spread this information. Rebels also don't have high altitude SAM defence their limit is 3500 meters. They just can't shot down plane at 10 000 meters altitude.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9K35_Strela-10

Warzone is closed to passenger flights also, no dispatchers work here. Nobody even known how this jet can appeared here. All this is looks very mysterious.

Well... since it was a Dutch-Malaysian flight, and 70-80 Dutch people died it's constant on the news here.

Personally I agree with the people saying it's odd how quickly the government knew everyone died (no one's searching for survivors?) and exactly how the plane would have been shot down.

• Like 1

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

No tin foil hats needed, it's obvious they wanted to shoot him down.

edit: The question to ask is who gave them the intelligence of Putin's route.

Edited by Sarex

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

But now seriously. It's entirely probable that the rebels shot down this liner thinking it's a Ukrainian plane using captured Ukrainian sams which may or may not be functional -- the picture of a rebel Buk-m1 that made rounds on the internet actually had red tipped training missiles on.

Now the Ukrainians who claim they don't use sams in their operations are lying. Not only have rebels captured one Su-25 which they may or may not use and Ukrainian claims of Russian helicopters crossing the border which they threatened to shoot or the UAVs some of which they have shot at. Here is a video of Ukrainian Buk-m1 moving into Slaviansk a little over 10 days ago together with the attacking forces (0: 55):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2eGNPJlkMo

Ukrainian military of today is not exactly brilliant or organized or honest. It is entirely possible it was their mistake.

Edited by Fighter

Strelkov don't have twitter account this is fake. This is also cause question who create this account and why spread this information. Rebels also don't have high altitude SAM defence their limit is 3500 meters. They just can't shot down plane at 10 000 meters altitude.

Warzone is closed to passenger flights also, no dispatchers work here. Nobody even known how this jet can appeared here. All this is looks very mysterious.

It was a twitter discussion about a VK screenshot.

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

It was a twitter discussion about a VK screenshot.

Rebels avoid use even mobile phones, they don't want repeat fate of Dudaev. Anyway they too busy by war instead of posting something in internets. It's fake, rude peimitive fake really. Probably this is just typical stupid Ukrainian propagand for internal use.

Call intercepted by Ukrainian State Security:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5E8kDo2n6g&feature=youtu.be&html5=1

Some reddit guy's translation, anyone here that can please correct it if need be

17.07.2014, 16:20 (Kyiv time) Plane was shot down by terrorist group controlled by I.Bezler aka Bes.

17.07.2014 16:40 Bezler reports to his curator, Geranin Vasilyi Nikolaevich, colonel of Russian armed forces.

-Group of "Miner" just shot down the plane, it fell down near Enakievo.
-Pilots? Where the pilots?
-We went to search and photograph the airplane. There is a smoke.
-How many minutes ago?
-About 30 minutes

After search of crashsite terrorists concluded, that there was civil airplane.

16:33
Conversation between "Greek" and "Major":
-Yes, Major
-Guys from Chernuhino shoot down the plane, cossacks who stands on Chernuhino block-post.
-Plane was demolished midair, near the Petropavloska coalmine. We've found first dead body, it is civilian.

17:32 -Yes, Sasha
-Well, the airplane was 100 percent civilian.
-Got it, how many people?
-A ****in lot, debris were falling directly on the buildings
-What is the flight number?
-I don't know yet, i didn't see the main part yet. I saw only where the first bodies fell. There are some plane parts, seats, bodies.
-Understood. Any weapons?
-Absolutely nothing, civilian things, medicine, towels..
-Any documents?
-Yes. Indonesian student, Thompson University.

17:42
Conversation between M. Kozicin, general of cossaks army in Russia and uknown terrorist:
-So about plane, shoot down near Snezhnoe-Torez, it appeared to be civillian board. Fell down near Grabovo. Hundrends of bodies, women and children. Cossacks are searching the place now.
-TV says that it was Ukrainian AN-26, but why does it have Malaysian Airlines sign and what was it doing in Ukraine?
-So they were transporting the spies, **** them. Why does they fly here, it is war.

• Like 1

If it wasn't for the fact the a rebel leader first had stated triumphantly on VK that he had downed a military transport plane a few hours ago, and later that "DUDE I TOLD YOU DON'T FLY IN OUR AIRSPACE!!!111one" like an emo crybaby when he must have gotten information on that something must have gone wrong, then I could have considered the story that Ukraine did this by mistake. AP journalists have also seen a SA-11 system in rebel-held territory.

• Like 1