What you did today

Rosbjerg

Same here, the past few weeks I have been waking up every 30 or 60 minutes during the night for no obvious reason. Even though waking up up to 15 times every night is highly annoying it does not seem to have any effect on my performance. Heck, I can even lift very heavy and do hard cardio after ''those nights''.-

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Wanted to go cycling but it didn't stop raining, couldn't wait anymore so I gave the rain clouds the finger and went cycling anyway. Later at a very steep and long incline all hell broke loose, lightning bolts came from everywhere, it rained so hard that even the cars slowed down to walking speed, there was so much rain pouring down my face that I had the sensation of drowning from all the water coming through my mouth and nose, even at 40kmh, I couldn't see anything because my cycling glasses fogged and were completely covered with rain drops. All the water on the road gave me bad aquaplaning and my brakes were inefficient. 

As if that wasn't enough it started to hail too, finger-tip sized hail corns hit me, it felt like I was being stoned to death, followed by ice cold gusts of wind. 

After 35 minutes or so the worst was over, still raining heavily though.

That was so much fun, I wish I could do it again right now. :w00t: It was almost as much fun as the thunderstorm on the mountain hitting my campsite or the blizzard on the glacier at 3500m altitude. 

Edited by Woldan

I'm sitting in the basement watching my son sleep on the baby monitor.  The camera is on top of the bookshelf next to his crib, so the perspective is pretty close to straight down.  His preferred posture appears to be that of a person being crucified-- arms straight out or angled slightly up, heels together, head lolling to one side.  (He is, of course, on his back for SIDS-prevention reasons.)  But when he stirs, the arms move about in such a way as to suggest flagless semaphore.  It's surprisingly entertaining, provided that he doesn't wake up enough to start screaming. 

The doctors still don't want us letting him sleep for as long as he wants to, so I'll be waking him up again in a few hours for a snack at 1:30AM.  He goes about 4 hours between feedings at night; 3 hours during the day.  It'll be the wife's turn at 5:30.  I think he has grown enough and had consistently good enough blood sugar readings that he's safely past the hypoglycemia issues he had as a newborn, but the docs err on the side of being very conservative about this kind of thing.  So, we get up in the middle of the night.

Anyhow, I should really be getting to sleep.

• Like 4

Not much going on here. We just got home from 10 days in Florida, mostly in Marathon in the Keys. We spent the first day in Cedar Key. Then the next day in Miami, then Key Largo to scuba dive at Pennekamp. Tommy was supposed to stay on the boat but he jumped in after us when we dove in. That was funny. Then we went to Key West for a day before heading back up to the campground where. we rented a cabin at in Marathon.

We found a dog wandering around the park we spent a few days in in Sugarloaf Key. She was awfully skinny. We asked around the campground and everyone said she had been hanging around for a long time. They all said she was a stray. She was friendly but skittish. She became fast friends with Tommy though and she let us feed her and pet her. So... 700 miles, a bath and vet visit later she's sleeping next to Tommy on the couch in my office. We named her Sunny Smiles (just Sunny really) because of her smile and her bright yellow fur. The FONV reference is my own private joke since Steph has never played.

Oh.. and we got married! (Not the dog, my fiancée). We've had the paperwork for a while and Steph has been mulling over what to do for a ceremony since neither of us has any immediate family. Then when we were in Key West watching the sun set she just turned to me and said let's just do right here, tonight. So we did our own impromptu thing on the pier at Key West with just Tommy the dog as a witness. All in all is was a hell of a lot better than my first time around! When she gets off work tomorrow morning we'll go to the courthouse and make it legal.

It was a hell of a good time all around.

• Like 12

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Congrats GD!

Today is my daughters 14th birthday. We will be going out to Jamison's for dinner and I plan on giving her some cash ($100). Im also going to upgrade her phone to the iPhone 5s and shes super pumped about that after "slumming it" with a measly iPhone 4 for the last two years.

Condolences, GD.

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Not much going on here. We just got home from 10 days in Florida, mostly in Marathon in the Keys. We spent the first day in Cedar Key. Then the next day in Miami, then Key Largo to scuba dive at Pennekamp. Tommy was supposed to stay on the boat but he jumped in after us when we dove in. That was funny. Then we went to Key West for a day before heading back up to the campground where. we rented a cabin at in Marathon.

We found a dog wandering around the park we spent a few days in in Sugarloaf Key. She was awfully skinny. We asked around the campground and everyone said she had been hanging around for a long time. They all said she was a stray. She was friendly but skittish. She became fast friends with Tommy though and she let us feed her and pet her. So... 700 miles, a bath and vet visit later she's sleeping next to Tommy on the couch in my office. We named her Sunny Smiles (just Sunny really) because of her smile and her bright yellow fur. The FONV reference is my own private joke since Steph has never played.

Oh.. and we got married! (Not the dog, my fiancée). We've had the paperwork for a while and Steph has been mulling over what to do for a ceremony since neither of us has any immediate family. Then when we were in Key West watching the sun set she just turned to me and said let's just do right here, tonight. So we did our own impromptu thing on the pier at Key West with just Tommy the dog as a witness. All in all is was a hell of a lot better than my first time around! When she gets off work tomorrow morning we'll go to the courthouse and make it legal.

"Oh.. and we got married! (Not the dog, my fiancée)"  :lol:

Nice one GD on the marriage  :thumbsup:

And good effort on finding Tommy a prospective companion

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Oh.. and we got married! (Not the dog, my fiancée). We've had the paperwork for a while and Steph has been mulling over what to do for a ceremony since neither of us has any immediate family. Then when we were in Key West watching the sun set she just turned to me and said let's just do right here, tonight. So we did our own impromptu thing on the pier at Key West with just Tommy the dog as a witness. All in all is was a hell of a lot better than my first time around! When she gets off work tomorrow morning we'll go to the courthouse and make it legal.

Congrats GD, sounds great! :D Edited by Nepenthe
  • Like 1

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I wish I could congratulate GD like everyone else here, but with all the people I know/knew whose marriage lead to the quick demise of their happiness and quality of life it would make me a lying arse.  

Instead I wish GD a ton of luck. 

What I did: preparations for a cozy but thrilling motor sports weekend. 

Also went to the shooting range and shoot good groups with my handloaded ammo with my precision rifle, 9 shots at 100 meters (with one ugly mandatory flier at 8 o clock): 

shotgroup_zps772024fd.jpg

Thank you everyone! I know I said I'd never get married again but it just goes to show... Never say never.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Thunderstorm on eway home from work. Woman also walking home in thunderstorm. My stripped to shirtsleeves, loving the rain. She in three layers.

Don't trust any woman who can't enjoy a torrential downpour.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

:lol:

Thomas Sowell

Kind of a crazy dad day.  We went and got haircuts for the kids, and the stylist found a tick behind my son's ear.  I managed to pull it off, the skin was all tough around it and I had to pull pretty hard.  It popped, but thankfully the whole thing came off and the tick was actually still alive.  There wasn't really any blood.  So I put the tick in a plastic bag and called our doctor.  It wasn't a deer tick, so I wasn't too worried, but better safe than sorry.  The doctor just said keep an eye on the area and make sure it doesn't get worse.  It was a dog tick, I believe.  He probably got it at the baseball game we went to last night.

We are also working on potty training for my son, and it is not going smoothly.  He's decent about peeing, but only when we ask.  It's been about a week and he's cut down on the accidents considerably.  But pooping is another matter.  He's been constipated for a couple days, so I've been sticking him on the toilet when he gets the look and giving him a magazine.  Just now, I walked in on him playing on the computer, and he had his butt sticking out.  Unless he had grown a prehensile tail, it was pretty clear he had pooped.  It was huge.  Thankfully it was a pretty easy clean up since it was pretty hard, but still super gross.  I'm trying to bribe him with a new skylander if he manages to poop on the toilet, but no success so far.   :x

Kind of a crazy dad day.  We went and got haircuts for the kids, and the stylist found a tick behind my son's ear.  I managed to pull it off, the skin was all tough around it and I had to pull pretty hard.  It popped, but thankfully the whole thing came off and the tick was actually still alive.  There wasn't really any blood.  So I put the tick in a plastic bag and called our doctor.  It wasn't a deer tick, so I wasn't too worried, but better safe than sorry.  The doctor just said keep an eye on the area and make sure it doesn't get worse.  It was a dog tick, I believe.  He probably got it at the baseball game we went to last night.

We are also working on potty training for my son, and it is not going smoothly.  He's decent about peeing, but only when we ask.  It's been about a week and he's cut down on the accidents considerably.  But pooping is another matter.  He's been constipated for a couple days, so I've been sticking him on the toilet when he gets the look and giving him a magazine.  Just now, I walked in on him playing on the computer, and he had his butt sticking out.  Unless he had grown a prehensile tail, it was pretty clear he had pooped.  It was huge.  Thankfully it was a pretty easy clean up since it was pretty hard, but still super gross.  I'm trying to bribe him with a new skylander if he manages to poop on the toilet, but no success so far.   :x

Vindaloo curry?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Reportedly from dad, just every hour on the hour stick him on the toilet, and then reward him when he goes.

• Like 1

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

congratulations. am hoping your relationship is a long and happy one. being a pet owner can be very rewarding. and you said something about getting married? congrats on that too. kinda anti-climactic after the dog rescue. 

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I have an exciting weekend planned, today I'm going for lunch at a restaurant called Eisbein and Co which specializes in, yes you guessed it, Eisbein and then tonight we off to the Armin Van Buuren dance event which is going to be epic :dancing:  :dancing:

The good news is that Monday is a public holiday in South Africa so I will have ample time to relax after the all night festivities

http://bpmmag.co.za/news/armin-van-buuren-south-africa-one-night/

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I visited my folks for Father's Day (I'm aware it's technically tomorrow, but close enough).  I don't get fancy with Mother's Day or Father's Day gifts.  Mom gets flowers, dad gets a bottle of liquor, Maker's Mark, in this case.  We drank a couple whiskey and cokes, not too much for me, since I had to drive later, smoked cigars, watched some football, and grilled up some burgers and veggies.  Good times.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks