What you did today

Rosbjerg

Go to the party. What the **** have you of all people got to be afraid of?

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Find and listen to a good podcast in a specific genre you enjoy, say with two or three hosts who speak well, and have interesting things to say about stuff you love. Make a drink, add music in a new tab, fluff the couch cushions--all while interjecting your own comments (even if they can't hear you, because it's a recording, from people thousands of miles away, who are probably sleeping while you're drinking and fluffing)--and it can feel just like being at party where everyone is witty and comfortable and having fun. Boom--no regrets, no hidden puke, no proximity pathogens from strangers, no carpet stains, no damaged glassware, no trips to DUI jail.

Although--podcasts don't bring girls with them. Girls are nice. Maybe you should go to the party. 

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

Thinking about going to a really big party, the problem is none of my friends are coming with me this time because they're all currently spending their holidays on a beach far away. I don't know if I should still go and make the best out of it which probably results in drinking myself into coma out of boredom and lack of people to talk to, or not attending which would be really boooooring as well. 

:getlost:

What would you do? 

Woldan people have given you some sincere advice but I think its wrong because of your personality. Most people won't go to a party by themselves for a number of reasons. Personally I am an extrovert and enjoy talking to strangers but I don't think this is your strong point and to be honest its understandable. Why would anyone prefer to go to social function by themselves when they can go with people who know them?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I was a very serious case of introvert - and still am in many ways - It's great to learn how not to be, so you can when you want to. As most introverts will say, I love being alone I just hate being lonely. It takes effort not to be lonely and requires you being willing to take action and meet the girls and guys you wanna get to know - and taking action takes practice to make it fun. Like anything in life.

or rode my bicycle past the 5 kilometer mark

I was about to call you a whimp for saying this was a landmark (as I and people here, usually ride about 14+ km a day going back and from Uni/work) and then I remembered you live in mountains and promptly shut my hoe mouth. :biggrin:

• Like 3

Fortune favors the bald.

There isn't a podcast ever made which can compare to a girl you've never met before unexpectedly kissing you.

• Like 2

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Woldan people have given you some sincere advice but I think its wrong because of your personality. Most people won't go to a party by themselves for a number of reasons. Personally I am an extrovert and enjoy talking to strangers but I don't think this is your strong point and to be honest its understandable. Why would anyone prefer to go to social function by themselves when they can go with people who know them?

I'm not really an introvert, my problem is finding ''common ground'' when talking to people which is necessary to start a conversation and to get to know people & having fun. From my experience very few people share my views or interests and the lack of common ground either leads to disinterest or very basic, dull and nonconstructive smalltalk that gets me nowhere. On parties male & female strangers often approach me and want to start a conversation but I quickly realize that we have nothing in common and at this point I don't care and don't try anymore. 

Unless I'm so drunk that common ground becomes beating each other with chairs. :grin: 

I can't go with the people I know because they're all occupied right now. I've been to this party last year with friends and it was a blast.

I was about to call you a whimp for saying this was a landmark (as I and people here, usually ride about 14+ km a day going back and from Uni/work) and then I remembered you live in mountains and promptly shut my hoe mouth. :biggrin:

Yes, cycling 5 kilometers...almost vertically.   :biggrin:   The cross-section of my biking route would look like a roller coaster. On level ground (Yes, there are level places in Austria) I can do 150-200 kilometers on my bike easily. 

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Thinking about going to a really big party, the problem is none of my friends are coming with me this time because they're all currently spending their holidays on a beach far away. I don't know if I should still go and make the best out of it which probably results in drinking myself into coma out of boredom and lack of people to talk to, or not attending which would be really boooooring as well. 

:getlost:

What would you do? 

I'd spend that money and effort on something that I know I'd enjoy doing, maybe buy a game and play that.

Speaking of wich, was invited to go with a few female friends to a burlesque club today. But we have planned to play Rogue Trader Lure of the Expanse, so screw that. I can live without boobs and overpriced drinks. :p

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

There isn't a podcast ever made which can compare to a girl you've never met before unexpectedly kissing you.

I dunno, podcast seems better than dealing with the aftermath of me cuffing her for that.

Feeling motivated today, so after I let my dachshund bask in the sun I think I'll crack open that C# book again and get coding something, anything.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Trying to decide if I can / should make it to the workout in a couple of hours... but I'm just feeling utterly drained today.  Not tired, just, really low energy levels for oomph.

Just cooked up a couple of slices of bacon and pondering on a fresh cup of tea to help stir me onwards..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Trying to decide if I can / should make it to the workout in a couple of hours... but I'm just feeling utterly drained today.

I often feel like that, but I always get an incredible energy boost when I start lifting or cycling. Its just a trick of your mind to encourage you to be a lazy bastard.

If I would listen to myself and my energy levels I would hardly exercise at all because I feel really drained after work. 

Edited by Woldan

I'm watching the French Open ladies final.  Highly entertaining.  I'll hop on the bike whenever it ends.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Say what you will about Maria Sharapova, I, for one, am not a huge fan of the excessive grunting, but that woman has nerves of galvanized steel.  Congrats to her on winning her second Coupe Suzanne Lenglen.

Alrightey, bikey bike time for me.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Went to the workout. Warmup, gymnastic exercises, chest and core.. followed by a short jog with interval sprints...

Still feeling drained. Now add thirsty.

Going to drink a big mug of tea and ponder doing a ridiculously too-many-egg omelette with bacon and cheddar....

As you can probably imagine from my early return - the party/festival was terrible, all my predictions came true. Spent 25 bucks on beer, waited for the fireworks and left as quickly as I could manage. But not all was in vain, I strolled back home and enjoyed the breathtakingly beautiful nightly landscape and wonderful full moon & stars. :)

• Like 1

I was outside for several hours and now have a sunburn. Going to play video games in my underwear and get drunk.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

It's 83 degrees, I'm doing squats and lunges, and I'm sweating like a deadbeat dad at a child support hearing.

• Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I wouldn't know, it's never unexpected when they kiss me! ;)

Everybody else at work seems annoyingly chipper. I've slept 5 hours, my flat is a sauna (no bourgeois AC in that 80s concrete block, "Finland is a cold country, we build houses to have maximum sunlight during the day!", tossers) and it's Monday. *grumble*

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

As you can probably imagine from my early return - the party/festival was terrible, all my predictions came true. Spent 25 bucks on beer, waited for the fireworks and left as quickly as I could manage. But not all was in vain, I strolled back home and enjoyed the breathtakingly beautiful nightly landscape and wonderful full moon & stars. :)

Meanwhile a group of teens are still huddling terrified under a log after their moonlight sighting of a forest troll. :)

• Like 6

-Elwood Blues

I was outside for several hours and now have a sunburn. Going to play video games in my underwear and get drunk.

Either it wasn't that bad or you skipped to the dossed off from exhaustion phase, through proper medication and lube ;)

35 Celsius / 95F the whole week, beats the temperature in Kairo and Turkey easily. I'm not complaining but isn't Austria supposed to be in the temperate zone? I think we're the country with the hottest summers in Europe.    :blink:

Anyway, today I went cycling, enjoyed the sun....for a while,  to prevent my reactor from going critical from all the heat I stopped at kilometer 70 or so at a small creek in the woods and had a wonderful bath. Then I ate ice cream (the only one I like)..... It was a good, hot, summer day. 

Edited by Woldan

Getting ready for Roskilde Festival - looking forward to Rolling Stones, Deftones, Rob Zombie, Psyched Up Janis, Artic Monkies and F-load of smaller European and American Rock bands + more cozy party names like Outkast, Manu Chao and Stevie Wonder.

Iz gunna be goood!

• Like 3

Fortune favors the bald.

I seem to be stumbling through the morning in a general zombie state after one of those nights I just kept waking up after having dropped off for 30-60 minutes sleep at a time.

Trying to pull my reserves together and enjoy some fresh tea to fortify myself for actual thought...