What you did today

Rosbjerg

Also, think its funny to see people from Finland and Sweden complain about the heat, 30 degrees is perfectly normal in Austria and considered ''Warm' - unless temperature climbs close to 40.  We have kind of cold winters though. 

Yes, it's absolutely hilarious to everybody who hasn't actually stayed in one of these countries and doesn't understand the difference buildings make. I've lived in southern Europe, with regular 40+c summers for ages, and, as I already mentioned, the 40+ there was quite bearable compared to what 30-35 is in Finland. OTOH, it got really ****ing cold there when temperatures went below freezing, while my Finnish concrete block with triple glazing is quite nice to -30c.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Yeah, i've been across the american south, and this kind of weather was just normal summer there. But there was ACs everywhere, and the houses were built to expel heat, not to contain it.

My house is also made of concrete with double sided windows (no AC), so while trying to sleep, you can actually feel the heat radiating from the wall. Lucky me, i am still on a vacation...

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

All my bloody nail clippers have disappeared at once. I own four sets FFS.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

while my Finnish concrete block with triple glazing is quite nice to -30c.

I can't even fathom what -30 feels like. I was cold today at 15c.

Snot freezes in your nose when you try to breathe, for example.

• Like 1

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I've wandered around in -40. I thought it was more pleasant than -20. Drier, probably.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Snot freezes in your nose when you try to breathe, for example.

I love it! You take a deep breath and you can feel your nosehairs become frosted! :D

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Yes, it's absolutely hilarious to everybody who hasn't actually stayed in one of these countries and doesn't understand the difference buildings make.

Absolutely. I'm laughing my damn butt off.

But our houses are well insulated as well, we have winters with -20 degrees too (unless its one of those damn mild winters that happen from time to time). Record was -30 degrees one night two years ago. The water in my eyes was freezing.

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Do you guys get winds in the winter. In my country the lowest it goes is -10 (hasn't happened in years though), but the problem isn't the low temperature but the winds, they cut you to the bone and make it feel like the temperature is much lower.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

Windchill is the real problem with winter for me. The rare days when it is still out are really nice, even if it's -20 C or something. This past winter sucked, -20 - -30 range and even worse with wind.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Got an abnormal lump at the back of my head. Went to see the doctor. Told me to come back in a week if it isn't gone by then.

Checked my blood pressure and some other stuff. Everything seemed to be tip-top, she said. Been having headaches for some time but she wasn't worried about them.  :shrugz:

Got an abnormal lump at the back of my head. Went to see the doctor. Told me to come back in a week if it isn't gone by then.

Checked my blood pressure and some other stuff. Everything seemed to be tip-top, she said. Been having headaches for some time but she wasn't worried about them.  :shrugz:

It's a seagull.

-Elwood Blues

I've wandered around in -40. I thought it was more pleasant than -20. Drier, probably.

It can be if you don't do anything that make you breath heavily, as then cold air can easily burn your lungs, which is very unpleasant thing to experience. And winds in those temperatures are quite chilling.

It's a seagull.

That's no fun. I was thinking maybe that some kind of insect stung me and I am developing superpowers. I'm now thinking if I want to be a hero or a villain.

• Like 2

Mmmm, now I'm thinking "Stephen King's The Dark Half"...

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

It's a seagull.

That's no fun. I was thinking maybe that some kind of insect stung me and I am developing superpowers. I'm now thinking if I want to be a hero or a villain.

I never said it wasn't going to bite you.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

I'm glad to hear you sought treatment and that the doctor sounds willing to consider the possibility that it might not go away in a few days and may well be serious if it remains or gets worse. I received some needed medical treatment myself today; here's hoping we're all healthy and fit to play PoE when it's available to us!

• Like 1

Tried playing some games today. Anno 1404 works with left hand only, but even that is stressing my right hand. The right hand muscles feel very strained despite me not moving the hand at all.

Looks like point and click adventures really are the only games I can play without any hassle... Oh well, time to continue with Gods will be watching.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I think I'm starting to lose my mind.  :blink:

Before I took a nap I looked where my cat was, he was sleeping on the couch. I closed the door the living room and went to bed for two hours or so. When I woke up I wanted to see for my cat again and he was gone! I couldn't find him anywhere, I looked under the couch, behind the desks and cupboards. Nothing. Vanished.

After half an hour of fruitless searching I found him in another room, sleeping like nothing ever happened. Last time I checked he couldn't open doors and close them behind him so somebody must have done that. Before I went to bed I closed the door to the living room and after the nap the door was still closed. Like, really closed.  

He couldn't have jumped up and slipped past me when I closed the door, thats way too fast for any cat/animal, let alone a slow and sleeping 21 year old cat.

And I would have noticed it anyway.

So WTF happened?

I blame it on the current buggy version of the Matrix. We need an update here, dammit! 

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Speaking of heat.. I've been sleeping with my balcony door open:

9684b3fd-1c58-47b7-8c96-e12f1746bf59_zps

Heard a noice when I went to the bathroom, looked up, saw that. It's around 10 cm (4 inches) from ass to nose (scary tentacles not included). Never saw a bug that big in Sweden before.

I think it plans to kill me..

I hear they are quite tasty grilled. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.