What you did today

Rosbjerg

No plane can fly maneuvers like that, not even a RC plane. The transverse acceleration would have turned any passenger to mush instantaneously, not to mention destroy the plane itself. 

If you don't post a really bad video of it, then it isn't a legitimate UFO sighting. 

Next time I go to sleep I'll staple my camera onto my forehead. The problem is - and I say that as very experienced photographer- making halfway decent pics or vids of distant tiny moving objects under night lighting conditions without having the camera already set up and carefully adjusted is nigh impossible.  That situation is like the nightmare of any photographer. 

But - Donate me 5000 or so bucks so I can buy the necessary equipment and I can promise you a ton of impressive vids.  :biggrin:   I live 25 kilometers away from the next large so the night sky is pretty clear around here, I see things like that every week.

There even was a gathering of locals who have seen strange things on the night sky last year because sightings of strange planes flying physics defying irrational maneuvers were so numerous. And those were mainly old farmers, not some crazy attention craving hippies. 

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Welp... that auto problem I had? Now is in the 2k range instead of the 700 dollar range

Whoa, what the hell? What's wrong with it? You need an entire new electrical system or something?

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Couldn't sleep at all because a pair of mosquitoes wanted my blood really bad, they were circling around my face like flies flying around a pile of feces. 

Early in the morning - around half past 4 or so when the sun was rising- I saw a perfectly triangular shaped and brightly lit object flying below the clouds, without any sound and without leaving a trail. Its flight path was erratic and strangely wobbly but it wasn't faster than a plane at that altitude. I could observe it for two minutes until it vanished at the horizon. 

I'd chalk it up to a hallucination induced by sleep deprivation. Have I ever told you guys about the time I hadn't slept enough in a long time and seen a huge glowing purple spider descend on my face?

• Like 2

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

Couldn't sleep at all because a pair of mosquitoes wanted my blood really bad, they were circling around my face like flies flying around a pile of feces. 

Early in the morning - around half past 4 or so when the sun was rising- I saw a perfectly triangular shaped and brightly lit object flying below the clouds, without any sound and without leaving a trail. Its flight path was erratic and strangely wobbly but it wasn't faster than a plane at that altitude. I could observe it for two minutes until it vanished at the horizon. 

I'd chalk it up to a hallucination induced by sleep deprivation. Have I ever told you guys about the time I hadn't slept enough in a long time and seen a huge glowing purple spider descend on my face?

That sounds hectic  ...... :blink:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

That sounds hectic  ...... :blink:

Eh, seen worse. Like the one with the scraggly-looking rapist Santa Claus. Anyways, I've learned my lesson since then, and don't skip on my sleep time :p

How long did you go without sleeping and what were you doing that was keeping you awake?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I'm one of those people who can stay up for 48 hours without the slightest physical and metal impairments or any tiredness worth mentioning. I've climbed 3500m high mountains without having slept the day before.  I learned in my military service time that I start seeing things after 72 hours of no sleep. (I start seeing mice and shadowy creatures in the corner of my eyes - plus tunnel vision)

Not to mention I see tons of those things per week, with witnesses. 

Edited by Woldan

Damn bloodsuckers. When I grew up, I used to live on the ground level with water source near by, i swear it felt like I was demoted from the top of the food chain into role of gas station for an angry mob.

As for the rest tried + irritated is combination that can cause you to see many thing, my UFO tended to look like bikini models, go figure ;)

Edited by Mor

Registered up for Tough Mudder.

So on the 17th of August, I will probably be wishing I was dead and resting somewhere, as I struggle through the Cirincester Mudder course. .. I'm really hoping the heatwave will have firmly passed us by when that time arrives.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I've been trying to find a good 100lbs composite longbow and its way harder than I anticipated. Can't find anyone who sells bows past 70lbs draw weight. 

Amazing how "Why do we do ________ this way?" is a nigh impossible to answer question. Been poring through the company wiki.  Though is academic at this point, just to waste time satisfy my curiosity.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Using a PC configurator to build me a new rig that will be able to render the coming next gen games 1920x1080 60fps at high+. Can't get below 1 grand even with compromises everywhere. ;(

Nonsense. Not worth spending more than 1000 Euro on a rig anyway, on  account of deminishing returns. save the money for another upgrade. 

Don't you have a monitor that can at least be a placeholder for a nicer one. Spend the whole 1000 on the box. 

• Like 1

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I've stumbled through 4 false starts on my current project. Two false starts on another project. I finally have an outline and cast I'm content with, though I fear I've had that delusion before.

At least it hasn't been totally unproductive, I've been actually writing and exploring characters that interest me.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I've been trying to find a good 100lbs composite longbow and its way harder than I anticipated. Can't find anyone who sells bows past 70lbs draw weight.

I think that stuff needs to be custom built or something. It's not really what shops sell that often. Why do you need 100lbs anyway? That stuff is hard to draw.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Using a PC configurator to build me a new rig that will be able to render the coming next gen games 1920x1080 60fps at high+. Can't get below 1 grand even with compromises everywhere. ;(

Nonsense. Not worth spending more than 1000 Euro on a rig anyway, on  account of deminishing returns. save the money for another upgrade. 

Don't you have a monitor that can at least be a placeholder for a nicer one. Spend the whole 1000 on the box. 

Or ****'s just more expensive in Austria. ;)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Adjusting tile graphics and converting our beauty of a map down to tiles. The tile work is completed but the map still requires the creation of twenty six more 1600x1600 maps with Tiled.

Or ****'s just more expensive in Austria. ;)

Austria is more or less the same as Germany and Denmark i would imagine. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

The problem is a good gfx card runs for 300-400 bucks, add a halfway decent 6 core CPU and 10GB ram plus SSD, case power supply, cooling and you're already above one grand. 

Don't want to mod my old PC, you know, life expectancy of mainbords is so low nowadays.  

What I did: Went cycling. It wasn't so ultra hot but the very high humidity was killing me, it was a terrible chore. 

Edited by Woldan

What I did: Went cycling. It wasn't so ultra hot but the very high humidity was killing me, it was a terrible chore.

Pff, do it more often and you get used to it. Take enough water with you, though. I actually find it great to get home after feeling totally destroyed and then taking a shower.

Of course it feels better if you don't break your bones while cycling the tour...

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Pff, do it more often and you get used to it. Take enough water with you, though. I actually find it great to get home after feeling totally destroyed and then taking a shower.

I do 3x70 kilometers per week on my bike, no matter the time of the year. I think I have enough practice. And the worst you can do is taking a cold shower after cycling, when you come out of the cold shower the hot summer temperature will feel ten times hotter.  You have to cool down slowly. 

Edited by Woldan

I never take cold showers. I am not man enough for this.

Cold showers are like self punishment. I don't feel motivated for such stuff. No-no.

Edited by Lexx