What you did today

Rosbjerg

So the wife took the early shift today, leaving me to pack the youngin' up and take him to daycare.  (They don't open until 7:30, so we stagger our workdays a bit-- the early shift parent gets to pick him up in the afternoon.)  We've got a little cooler bag that we use for transporting the bottles that they feed him during the day, into which we toss an ordinary small ice pack.  (The daycare facility is just over a mile away by foot/stroller.)  Apparently, when I got that ice pack this morning, I failed to completely close the freezer door.  It's one of those drawer-style doors on a relatively new bottom-freezer fridge, so it doesn't just swing closed on its own. 

This evening, we consequently found all of our stuff thawed and a large puddle on the floor.  Not fun. 

condolences. were you at least the first to discover the new reflecting pool in your kitchen? no doubt mrs. enoch is the most kindest and understanding woman in the world, but in our experience there is a tactical advantage to discovering your own blunders before your significant other does so. 

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I'm starting to realize I'll be out of a job soon. with just two projects remaining and four months on my contract it's about time to update the ol' résumé and reset my Linkdin password. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

So the wife took the early shift today, leaving me to pack the youngin' up and take him to daycare.  (They don't open until 7:30, so we stagger our workdays a bit-- the early shift parent gets to pick him up in the afternoon.)  We've got a little cooler bag that we use for transporting the bottles that they feed him during the day, into which we toss an ordinary small ice pack.  (The daycare facility is just over a mile away by foot/stroller.)  Apparently, when I got that ice pack this morning, I failed to completely close the freezer door.  It's one of those drawer-style doors on a relatively new bottom-freezer fridge, so it doesn't just swing closed on its own. 

This evening, we consequently found all of our stuff thawed and a large puddle on the floor.  Not fun. 

condolences. were you at least the first to discover the new reflecting pool in your kitchen? no doubt mrs. enoch is the most kindest and understanding woman in the world, but in our experience there is a tactical advantage to discovering your own blunders before your significant other does so. 

HA! Good Fun!

Mixed results there.  I was the party to discover the problem, but I was actually on the phone with her when I did.  So she shared the surprise and anger of discovery, but was spared the chore of cleaning it all up. 

• Like 1

Back from tonights workout.  Strength exercises, a bit of core work, followed by a run with sprint intervals...

Okay, now I need tea, food and collapse.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Harassed by kids ringing my doorbell asking for money for their soccer, basketball team or camp or trying to hock newspapers to me. Bah damn summer.

But got good pizza today and watched our boozehound junkie mayor cry so that compensated.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Rob Ford been hitting the crack again?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Nah he's back from rehab, is cured, seen the light. Was on TV saying how his "disease" made him be a bigot and act stupidly and how he's taking sobriety one day at a time, etc. This crap will fly with lots of idiots who have pity or empathy for this trash, and he'll ge re-elected.

Was hoping some interviewer would smash him to the point of tears, but alas, can't get everything.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'm starting to realize I'll be out of a job soon. with just two projects remaining and four months on my contract it's about time to update the ol' résumé and reset my Linkdin password. 

So what you're saying is we'll both be hunting for jobs/careers at the same time....

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Went shopping with my girlfriend.

Dear god help me, what have I done. Steam sale is nothing compared to this punch in the wallet!

Can't you just say no?

Went shopping with my girlfriend.

Dear god help me, what have I done. Steam sale is nothing compared to this punch in the wallet!

Can't you just say no?

Curses! Why didn't I think of that? :p

I was exaggerating anyway. I just thought it was funny.

Lol, good one Mal.

Was either that or a link to a whipcrack youtube clip. :p But it's easy enough to talk them out of stuff, if they refuse then obstinate refusal wins out. Or worst case you end up in a fight and that can be fun as well.

Created my first Eclipse Phase character in just two and a half hour!

God, I hate this chargen system.

It's a bit twisty, but it does have that interesting side to it. Having to keep things separate to represent the different bodymods you might end up in.

The setting is great, the mechanics just a bit too much....

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

It's a bit twisty, but it does have that interesting side to it. Having to keep things separate to represent the different bodymods you might end up in.

The setting is great, the mechanics just a bit too much....

I had trouble allocating the 300 knowledge skill points with a dedicated scientist character. Can't even imagine how troublesome it must be for a non-intellectual type...

Edit: then again, the overabundance of points has allowed me to create a raven who plays violin, which is a mental image I find fairly entertaining.

Edited by aluminiumtrioxid

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

Gave up on chairs in favour of stools, excercise balls and standing today. Bad sitting posture combined with a bit too sedentary lifestyle was causing backpains and weakening my core muscles and I just never managed to catch myself before slipping into that posture again whenever I was focusing on work. I feel a lot more energetic already.

I made a dry rub and prepped a standing rib roast for smoking last night. I let it sit overnight in a plastic bag in the refrigerator. I got up this morning a 4 AM and put it in the smoker and went back to bed. I just got back up and added more wood chips. It smells so f-----g good! It's going to be a long 12 hours waiting for that bad boy!

• Like 3

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Getting fed up with the angry whining buzz of my phone.

I am now refusing to answer the bloody thing, simply because I know I'll be too rude to anyone on the other end. We should go back to using telegrams.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

You know you can turn off the sound altogether on a smartphone and leave vibrate on. It's what I do. 

Firstly I do not and am resolved to never own a smart phone. I have a waterproof, thump resistant box that makes phonecalls and sends texts. If I need to know something off the internet then I simply ring a sedentary nerd and ask them to look it up.

Secondly it is already on vibrate. I only use the ringtones for setting alarms.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Last day of staycation. So reading. Coworker resigned too so farewell "socializing" is ahead

...Coworker resigned too so farewell "socializing" is ahead

Eh, that's not all bad, at least not when the office air conditioning doesn't work very well and cold drinks are provided at the farewell 'parties.' (2 retirement parties in the last 2 weeks, here... a lot of co-workers even older than me, yup.)

Edited by Thuringwethil
  • Like 1