What you did today

Rosbjerg

Crashing at a friends house in Beaumont tonight, then going to a party in San Antonio tomorrow. The hangover will be a hitch, but I'm pretty sure it will be worth it.

Will it? That's a stupid question, coming from one of ludicrous Éire heritage. The state of drunkenness is always superior to the state of sobriety.

Crashing at a friends house in Beaumont tonight, then going to a party in San Antonio tomorrow. The hangover will be a hitch, but I'm pretty sure it will be worth it.

Crazy, we are leaving San Antonio tomorrow and will stay in Rayne tomorrow.  We are hitting the Tabasco sauce factory on Sunday.

Waaa? Tabasco factory over Pace? Folks in San Antonio know what Picante Sauce is supposed to taste like!

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

II thought it was empirical fact that Popeye's > KFC and not disputed by anyone?  This is not something that should be debatable.  

As for me, I struggled through my weight-lifting today.  I pushed through it, but I just had no power or energy to do anything, and it wasn't a lack of calories.  Even adrenaline wasn't really helping.  I think I may need to take a break from my usual 2 on 1 off routine and throw in a couple extra days of rest.  I feel burned out and need to recover.  It sucks getting older.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I've never heard anyone say they prefer KFC to Popeyes. I've seen someone eat half a bucket of KFC, but Rico was high when he did that.

Edited by KaineParker

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

II thought it was empirical fact that Popeye's > KFC and not disputed by anyone?  This is not something that should be debatable.  

As for me, I struggled through my weight-lifting today.  I pushed through it, but I just had no power or energy to do anything, and it wasn't a lack of calories.  Even adrenaline wasn't really helping.  I think I may need to take a break from my usual 2 on 1 off routine and throw in a couple extra days of rest.  I feel burned out and need to recover.  It sucks getting older.

I have a policy around training, I really try to not get too upset when on some days you just seem to lack energy and your training seems ineffective. I have found no logical reason for this, no pattern. But then I find the next day my training is back to normal. But a break for a day or 2 always helps

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I went fishing with the dogs all day today. It was awesome. I caught 3 river bream, turned them all loose. I fell asleep for a while too. Sort of a Huck Finn kind of day.

• Like 3

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Haven't set a foot outside the house today. It's pouring outside for the third day in a row. Watched football, Breaking Bad and played computer games.

Got a haircut yesterday, very short. People shake their head when I do it because they are apparently jealous of my hair. I don't know why. I'd be rich for every time some one told me "I wish I had your hair". Shaking my head in confusion. You have your own hair, leave mine alone.

The problem is, when I am (basically) bald, people stroke their hands on my almost bald scalp. I must say that it's nice when fine ladies do it, but not when a bro sneaks up on you and creeps you out.

• Like 1

Went to a Farmers Flea Market today which is basically a collection of delicious food stalls. That's one of the many perks about living in a big city. Flea markets and outdoor events are a big deal, there are a variety of them and they are always well supported.

I ate Greek pastries and a  Philly Steak Roll. I also bought some Gorgonzola cheese, exotic jams ( to have with the cheese later) and some scrumptious Cabanossi

So it was a successful trip :yes:

• Like 2

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

That's a big variety of stuff. All the world in one flea market.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Went to a Farmers Flea Market today which is basically a collection of delicious food stalls. That's one of the many perks about living in a big city. Flea markets and outdoor events are a big deal, there are a variety of them and they are always well supported.

I ate Greek pastries and a  Philly Steak Roll. I also bought some Gorgonzola cheese, exotic jams ( to have with the cheese later) and some scrumptious Cabanossi

Bruce, by Philly Steak Roll are you referring to a Philly Cheesesteak?  If you ever get to Philadelphia, you should try Pat's or Geno's.  They're located near the Italian Market in Philadelphia (which also has great shopping).  I prefer Pat's, but Geno's has a large following as well.   :)

Sounds like you had a great day!

• Like 1

Bruce, by Philly Steak Roll are you referring to a Philly Cheesesteak?  If you ever get to Philadelphia, you should try Pat's or Geno's.  They're located near the Italian Market in Philadelphia (which also has great shopping).  I prefer Pat's, but Geno's has a large following as well.   :)

Sounds like you had a great day!

Squeakymeister  "waves"

Yeah that's what we call it in South Africa, thx for the tip about Philadelphia  :)  

I love Philly Cheesesteak, very yummy. I had my first one about 5 years in Atlanta airport on our way to a technical symposium in Las Vegas

• Like 1

John Milton 

I have felt utterly crushed with exhaustion today for no apparent reason. I keep finding myself starting to nod off only to start awake with a jerk.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

This morning I poured orange juice into my cereal bowl.   :facepalm:

My dad was constantly telling me when I was younger that this was a totally capable substitute to milk.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I have felt utterly crushed with exhaustion today for no apparent reason. I keep finding myself starting to nod off only to start awake with a jerk.

I'm sure your training schedule is a factor in that type of fatigue

John Milton 

I arranged my cousins bachelor's party yesterday. Sat in an outside giant wooden bath tub in the rain and freezing cold until 04:30. Success!

Edited by mkreku

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Watched some mother smack her kid after he hit her, then watch busybodies intervene or try to.  Ah, the joys of school being out.  Hm, crap, that means all these scumbag teenagers will be all over the place too.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

... Under 8 weather statements

Tornado Watch

Tornado Warning

Tornado Warning

Flash Flood Warning

River Flood Warning

River Flood Warning

Tornado Warning

Pollen Statement

If they are concurrent, what's with the redundancies ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Either different times for the warnings or different locations within town.

A friends teenage daughter had an accident and spilt a boiling kettle down her side, so I've been talking to my friend to help her not freak out while she's at the ER and the doctor's are taking care of the daughter. It's ... annoying to not be able to provide any more help then simple moral support at such times.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Been chilling now that I'm officially unemployed. Seen a couple of job postings that are interesting. If I don't get accepted to any of the schools I applied to, I might apply to those jobs. Don't want to sit home for too long.

So the wife took the early shift today, leaving me to pack the youngin' up and take him to daycare.  (They don't open until 7:30, so we stagger our workdays a bit-- the early shift parent gets to pick him up in the afternoon.)  We've got a little cooler bag that we use for transporting the bottles that they feed him during the day, into which we toss an ordinary small ice pack.  (The daycare facility is just over a mile away by foot/stroller.)  Apparently, when I got that ice pack this morning, I failed to completely close the freezer door.  It's one of those drawer-style doors on a relatively new bottom-freezer fridge, so it doesn't just swing closed on its own. 

This evening, we consequently found all of our stuff thawed and a large puddle on the floor.  Not fun. 

Edited by Enoch