What you did today

Rosbjerg

Well had an interesting night where I went out with a work friend and we ended up watching lego movie...

On the couch without clothes.

Also yesterday learned my grandmother is in early stages of congestive heart failure, has pneumonia again, and a couple of blood clots in her lungs (being fixed)

we ended up watching lego movie [...] without clothes [...] grandmother

Thanks for that. I'm gonna file that whole post under "launch into the sun ASAP." Dousing it with whatever whiskey I can't drink, first.

Bought a new fan, it works well and oscillates. Not really worth the price tag I suppose, but it is rather quiet.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Gandma is out of the hospital, but her blood clots will take a while to dissolve, same with the pnumonia.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Back at the office after a week off. Was feeling relaxed and cool, took me less than an hour to get a splitting headache and black spots swimming in my eyes. Everything is going to ****.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

op44-231483-raw1200_zps83c6ca4b.jpg

gkzuh_zpsca1896a1.jpg

op44-232096-raw1200_zps0dd13882.jpg

Are you absolutely sure you posted this in the right thread? That's not a "what you did today", unless of course you were taking the pictures.

Either that or this is a really, really crude way of announcing your new relationship status.

• Like 6

Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.

And today he will learn to use a forum.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Yes, a circuit breaker for the staircase only. It engaged automatically with the typical sound of a light bulb exploding. I disengaged the circuit breaker and none of the lights worked except one lamp outside next to the entrance door. Tried the switch several times, nothing happened. I assumed that all the light bulbs went to hell. 

Now everything works fine, the bulbs and the lamps too. 

What could cause a temporary electrical problem? 

The bulb might not have been seated properly in the fixture, the sound you heard might've just been the spark from electricity making a small jump in switch or the fixture. Easily mistaken sound in the middle of the night.

One of the most common things I did suring my internship as an electrician was screwing in the lightbulbs properly.

It could also be the switch itself that is giving up, though that is more rare. But since you said you had several lights it might be that, or there is something wrong with the fusebox I suppose.

You might want to check the fixtures themselves aswell, they might be a bit worn down if they are old.

Was it the ground fault interruptor that engaged or the fuse itself?

Cleaning up after a big party - I'm turning 30 tomorrow! :w00t:

But seriously that's kinda a strange thought heh

Happy birthday! :)

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Oh yeah, thats a good idea. Also don't forget to cross your arms and stare at walls like an upset schoolgirl when the love happens. :grin:

I did get to use that frown later at the night when people started to discuss their bedroom habits and fantasies. DAYMN... O.O

It did end up being a good party, except that there was some "dropin" people that came by, so the party went from 9 to 15 people.

I did get gloriously drunk though even after eating copious amounts of food and the weather was decent enough so that we could sit outside all day. My biggest complaint about the location was the really lame arse stereo system and that my "bed" was a leather sofa...

Lots of talking and ofcourse fun and games, pool and beer pong amongst others.

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Are you absolutely sure you posted this in the right thread? That's not a "what you did today", unless of course you were taking the pictures.

Either that or this is a really, really crude way of announcing your new relationship status.

That should have been posted into the Attractive Women thread, don't know why these pics ended up here. In fact, I have problems with the Obsidian site loading tons functions, lots of stuff doesn't work for me anymore. O_o

• Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Oh yeah, thats a good idea. Also don't forget to cross your arms and stare at walls like an upset schoolgirl when the love happens. :grin:

I did get to use that frown later at the night when people started to discuss their bedroom habits and fantasies. DAYMN... O.O

It did end up being a good party, except that there was some "dropin" people that came by, so the party went from 9 to 15 people.

I did get gloriously drunk though even after eating copious amounts of food and the weather was decent enough so that we could sit outside all day. My biggest complaint about the location was the really lame arse stereo system and that my "bed" was a leather sofa...

Lots of talking and ofcourse fun and games, pool and beer pong amongst others.

IMO the best part of a party is meeting random people.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Now the site loads correctly again. How odd. Witchcraft, I'm sure of it!

Told you so. Kinda....   :biggrin:

Lightbulbs, internet message boards?  Where will it stop?

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

The forum has picked up some type of tablet mode and now I have no idea who I'm talking with since it doesn't load the avatars. Do I now have to learn people's names too?! :p

The forum has picked up some type of tablet mode and now I have no idea who I'm talking with since it doesn't load the avatars. Do I now have to learn people's names too?! :p

I always have a button somewhere that says '"full mode" or somesuch whenever I check it on a mobile device that turns it back to normal.

Bought a bike

Motorized or Calax powered? Inquiring minds want to know!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Just prevented my kitty from committing foul murder against a young bird that flew into our garden. Said birdie was mostly without tail feathers so couldn't fly very well and was helping itself to some of the berries in our garden when our kitty pounced. Luckily our kitty isn't very experienced yet with hunting so she only managed to get some feathers, and I quickly pushed the kitty back inside. The bird wasn't very smart either though because it didn't seem to even attempt to fly away much, even though I did see it fly. It was still sitting there in our garden afterwards, which kind of worried me. But when I took a small branch with some berries, offering it to the birdie, it did quickly fly away. Odd. The birdie probably though that since I was screaming bloody murder and chasing it earlier I must've been a bad sort. It can't have known I was in fact screaming bloody murder and chasing our cat instead.

• Like 1

Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.

Just prevented my kitty from committing foul murder against a young bird that flew into our garden. Said birdie was mostly without tail feathers so couldn't fly very well and was helping itself to some of the berries in our garden when our kitty pounced. Luckily our kitty isn't very experienced yet with hunting so she only managed to get some feathers, and I quickly pushed the kitty back inside. The bird wasn't very smart either though because it didn't seem to even attempt to fly away much, even though I did see it fly. It was still sitting there in our garden afterwards, which kind of worried me. But when I took a small branch with some berries, offering it to the birdie, it did quickly fly away. Odd. The birdie probably though that since I was screaming bloody murder and chasing it earlier I must've been a bad sort. It can't have known I was in fact screaming bloody murder and chasing our cat instead.

:cat: Its good that you moved so swiftly to prevent said murder, what would happen later when kitty gets older and reflects on its life. Imagine the guilt :blink: 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Bought a bike

Motorized or Calax powered? Inquiring minds want to know!

Me powered.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

:cat: Its good that you moved so swiftly to prevent said murder, what would happen later when kitty gets older and reflects on its life. Imagine the guilt :blink:

Cats hunt - its what they do. They're obligate carnivores and as they can't produce etinol, taurine, and arachidonic acid IIRC and they have to get it from the flesh, organs and/or bones or prey.

Or cat food. But while you can take the animal hunting out of the cat food, you can't take the animal hunting instinct out of the cat.

Edited by Amentep
  • Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I always have a button somewhere that says '"full mode" or somesuch whenever I check it on a mobile device that turns it back to normal.

I just have a "use mobile version, ehich is even worse" :D

Went to the civil service to get a new passport. What can I say, civil servants are among the most basic lifeforms you are likely to encounter on earth. The didn't want to accept my passport photo because it was too dark and hat a spot on it, which of course was not my fault but a problem with their scanner and monitor contrast settings. Guess how long it took them to figure that out. 

Most basic lifeforms.