What you did today

Rosbjerg

Had a major headache flare-up yesterday, to the extend I actually "borrowed" some of my mother's pain killers. Dihydrocodeine can certainly take the edge off but that's the man-made opiodes for you, still I've then pretty much slept through till nearly noon today.

Now it's pull myself together and figure out what needs to be done for the rest of the day. Hm, and see if I can make work-out tonight...

• Like 2

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Had a major headache flare-up yesterday, to the extend I actually "borrowed" some of my mother's pain killers. Dihydrocodeine can certainly take the edge off but that's the man-made opiodes for you, still I've then pretty much slept through till nearly noon today.

Now it's pull myself together and figure out what needs to be done for the rest of the day. Hm, and see if I can make work-out tonight...

Did the Dihydrocodeine make you feel gooooooooooood?

I recommend Pethidine for migraines, that really makes you feel goooooooooood :aiee:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Just watched the GoT fight Viper vs Mountain, loved it, but what it also did is remind me of how important grip strength is.  :devil:  Going to throw in some grip strength exercises into my exercise today, like weighted finger curls on the chin-up bar. 

Maybe I find myself in a trial by combat in the not so distant future? Being prepared can't hurt!   :grin:

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Hot weather here so saying goodbye to the idea of fresh air for a while.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Was having a dream about Sherlock Holmes investigating a supposedly haunted house. He'd deduced it was a criminal plot which involved criminals using a gas (similar to the Mad Gasser of Mattoon) but he hadn't revealed why they were doing it when I woke up with a pain in my shoulder; I think I laid across my arm as I slept and strained my shoulder. Ow.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Planted some really hot yellow highland pepper. I don't know how hot in scoville but the guy I got it from gave it a 9 from 10 on the hotness scale. Can't wait to harvest them and put those fruits on my pizza. :w00t:

Also today I tried to lift really heavy and not care about how many reps I could do, I did 3 slow bent over rows with 85kg, with good form and no swinging or cheating with the legs (like you always see in videos) at almost 90° back angle. Maybe I can lift my own weight someday, need to get better. 

Headache weather. The kind of day where you're just looking forward to a hasty exit and the watch dogs afternoon session.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Fun morning of winding up a coworker, so now settling in to work on my TPS reports.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Right now I'm a little pissed off at my school because They turned me down for study abroad... but still sent me (individually) an Email saying "hey hey hey! welcome back from Italy! Please go online and fill out your return paperwork!" For what I can assume is a systematic sadistic rubbing-salt-in-the-wounds that this school seems to delight in doing to me.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Thinking about going to a really big party, the problem is none of my friends are coming with me this time because they're all currently spending their holidays on a beach far away. I don't know if I should still go and make the best out of it which probably results in drinking myself into coma out of boredom and lack of people to talk to, or not attending which would be really boooooring as well. 

:getlost:

What would you do? 

Edited by Woldan

To be honest, I feel uncomfortable when I'm among lots of people and I've got nothing to do, makes me feel like that weird staring freak. And my appearance doesn't help. :unsure:

I'd go to the party and hit on girls.

My highly incompetent office manager was just fired, and I'm getting a promotion. Getting my BA will take longer, but I will be much better off financially.

Edited by KaineParker

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

To be honest, I feel uncomfortable when I'm among lots of people and I've got nothing to do, makes me feel like that weird staring freak. And my appearance doesn't help. :unsure:

I can understand that but it may be an opportunity to meet new people. After all, nobody is going to walk up and knock on your door to see if you want to do anything.

I'd go to the party and hit on girls.

My highly incompetent office manager was just fired, and I'm getting a promotion. Getting my BA will take longer, but I will be much better off financially.

Iirc, getting your BA will provide you a ridiculously lucrative job that's waiting for you. My unsolicited advice would be to get your degree asap.

• Like 1

^That position has already been taken, and probably won't be available for quite some time. TBH, I don't think I could have handled it anyways.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I can understand that but it may be an opportunity to meet new people. After all, nobody is going to walk up and knock on your door to see if you want to do anything.

Yes, maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised, and If I don't meet anyone interesting I can still leave at any time anyway. Sounds like a plan. 

If I would have stayed inside my comfort zones I would've never lifted a single barbell or rode my bicycle past the 5 kilometer mark nor started any of my demanding and difficult hobbies. Some comfort zones can be greatly limiting. 

• Like 1

Thinking about going to a really big party, the problem is none of my friends are coming with me this time because they're all currently spending their holidays on a beach far away. I don't know if I should still go and make the best out of it which probably results in drinking myself into coma out of boredom and lack of people to talk to, or not attending which would be really boooooring as well. 

:getlost:

What would you do? 

Do something else.  Drinking heavily is inadvisable and travelling to a party with an insignificant amount of people to interact with is a waste of effort.

• Like 2