Was on sale some time ago, clicked it since it looked cute... then saw it was actually a fishing game and... nope.

Anyone else annoyed that bundles like HumbleBundle are no longer one-click unlock but manually copy and pasting the unlock code to Steam for every game.

I can see this becoming annoying very rapidly, and it actually already limited me to only stuff I really want on Indiegala. :/

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

• 3 weeks later...

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, Steam is having a SteamOS sale.  These are all titles that already are on SteamOS/Linux or will be in the near future.  This confirms some high profile games coming to Linux, including several Total War games, Company of Heroes 2, GRID AutosportSaints Row 4 (which I already own and would love to play again on my desktop), Magicka 2, The Banner Saga, Batman: Arkham Knight, and (this one I'm extremely excited about as it's given me a serious case of Windows envy) Shadows of Mordor  :dancing: .  There are a bunch of other great games on sale there that I didn't list here.

Also, while not part of this sale, the upcoming Mad Max game is coming to Linux too (WB is getting really Linux friendly, this I like).

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Three of the games I kickstarted but haven't been able to play are on that Steam OS sale. You have no idea how excited I am to find out that I'll be able to play them if I get a Steam machine. That's pretty much sold me on it right there.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

People sign in to youtube?  Ew.

I used to for uploading music, since it was the premier video-sharing site at the time (and still is). Hard to do that without signing in. :p

When I'm not signed in it looks like a 13 year old girl's myspace page. Makeup tips, every day 'hacks'. You know stupid **** you can make out of beer cans that is going to make your life sooo much easier, and cookie-whatever the sweedish 'lets play' megastar.

• Like 1

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

It stays that way even when you are signed in, since Google loves to shove garbage you're not subscribed down your throat rather than the content you're actually subscribed to. I despise YouTube for a reason. :thumbsup:

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Steam Machines and the Steam Controller are now listed on Steam.  They won't be available until November.

Not liking what I'm seeing here, but I don't know what I was expecting to begin with.

Might just do a $4-500 build myself and save on OS costs with Steam OS.

• Like 1

Steam Machines and the Steam Controller are now listed on Steam.  They won't be available until November.

Not liking what I'm seeing here, but I don't know what I was expecting to begin with.

If you know what you're doing you're almost certainly better off building a rig yourself.  Even if you add in the cost of the controller, you can still build a better rig for cheaper.

• Like 3

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Yeah I think I'll probably end up building a rig myself in line with one of the Steam Machine's specs, that way I know that games will generally be better optimized towards that build and hopefully the components will be a bit cheaper too with the likely higher supply.

Fortune favors the bald.

If you know what you're doing you're almost certainly better off building a rig yourself.  Even if you add in the cost of the controller, you can still build a better rig for cheaper.

I vaguely know what I'm doing, but every custom build I've had started with problems. I used to have an uncle who ran a shop that would help me, but he's moved away and got out of that business.

Troubleshooting parts that simply don't want to work together was a pain in the butt. And I've seen so many memory cards that burnt up after a week and memory that failed after gaming for 15 minutes.

Yeah I think I'll probably end up building a rig myself in line with one of the Steam Machine's specs, that way I know that games will generally be better optimized towards that build and hopefully the components will be a bit cheaper too with the likely higher supply.

As a long time Linux user, the one rule of thumb to follow if you plan on gaming on Linux (SteamOS in this case) is to stick with Nvidia.  Hopefully AMD gets their **** together before the "official" SteamOS launch and gets their driver in shape, but, as it stands, the Nvidia Linux driver is in much better shape than the AMD Linux driver.  Nvidia's Linux driver is pretty much on par with their Windows driver, AMD's Linux driver, not so much.  That's not to dsay that you can't game on and AMD GPU on Linux, you'll just have more problems to deal with.  Hopefully Valve will light a fire under AMD's ass and this will be a non-issue by November and you can choose whatever manufacturer's card you want without caveats.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Might be a bit tricky for the $500 ones, given the GPU's costs (though the Alienware is vague, a 2GB GTX, I assume it is a 660). More fun to build your own in any case.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

• 2 months later...

Too bad you can only return it within 2 weeks because with the exception of only a few games most of my Steam catalog is under 2 hours played and nearly a quarter I've never even installed

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

Holy crap!

bc15965b2b.png

It took over a decade, but it finally happened! Games you set to "do not automatically download and install updates" for, you can finally continue to launch even after a new update for it has been released! Amazing! Now I can actually continue to freaking play my games while I wait for mods to update for new patches. :)

• Like 2

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

The timing is pretty suspect, I agree... Maybe invisible mode on Steam Friends is next? Please, Valve? o:)

Too bad you can only return it within 2 weeks because with the exception of only a few games most of my Steam catalog is under 2 hours played and nearly a quarter I've never even installed

Sorry to quote myself but Steam earned some points with me today as they refunded a bunch of games that I have around 30 minutes or less in or have never even installed despite them all being purchased a while ago

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

Okay, well, apparently, I was wrong: tried launching EU4 just now and it started auto-updating. Gosh dang you, Valve.