Okay, well, apparently, I was wrong: tried launching EU4 just now and it started auto-updating. Gosh dang you, Valve.

Lets you choose between launching a game and updating it first

scumbagaben.jpg

Updates on launch anyway

Edited by 213374U

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Too bad you can only return it within 2 weeks because with the exception of only a few games most of my Steam catalog is under 2 hours played and nearly a quarter I've never even installed

I got money back for GTA V and Red Alert 3. Bought GTA in April, and RA3 in march. So the 2 weeks thing is definitely not set in stone. :)

Okay, well, apparently, I was wrong: tried launching EU4 just now and it started auto-updating. Gosh dang you, Valve.

Lets you choose between launching a game and updating it first

scumbagaben.jpg

Updates on launch anyway

The weird thing is, it actually was letting me repeatedly launch it at that time without having it update. It was when I tried later in the day that it didn't even present the option and just started updating, even though I have the game set to not update automatically...*sigh* :(

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Holy crap!

bc15965b2b.png

It took over a decade, but it finally happened! Games you set to "do not automatically download and install updates" for, you can finally continue to launch even after a new update for it has been released! Amazing! Now I can actually continue to freaking play my games while I wait for mods to update for new patches. :)

They actually removed the "do not automatically download and install updates" option awhile back... :ermm:

Edited by Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Holy crap!

bc15965b2b.png

It took over a decade, but it finally happened! Games you set to "do not automatically download and install updates" for, you can finally continue to launch even after a new update for it has been released! Amazing! Now I can actually continue to freaking play my games while I wait for mods to update for new patches. :)

They actually removed the "do not automatically download and install updates" option awhile back... :ermm:

Yes...I see that it's now "only update this game when I launch it". How lovely.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

Homeworld Remastered is 60% off, nice.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/70612/?snr=1_614_615_gta_616_3

Now that seems a bit odd, but whatever.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

So far nothing that interests me in the first wave except Darkest Dungeons, but that's still in early access, so never mind.  I will scoop up the Strife Collectors Edition during this sale, it's 50% off any time during the entire sale, but I may wait a few days to see if it gets discounted deeper.  Then again I may just get it at 50%.  I kind of just want to give them some money because I've put in 25 hours so far for not a single penny, I plan to keep playing it, and I feel they should get some of my money.  Getting the Collectors Edition will get me a bunch of cool skins as well as a bunch of in-game currency...  which I'll spend on more skins and dyes.  :p

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I have to say, when it comes to the latest Batman game, as big a fan as I am about the series, I'm thinking of just holding off and getting the Game of the Year Edition due to the amount of different DLC given out to different places that sell the game.  I don't like when you feel you're not getting the full game because one place gives this and one place gives that and then there's the whole idea of the $40 season pass with what appears to be not a lot of story mission content.  I just don't like the business practice of making the consumer think they need to buy the game 4 or 5 time at different places to get everything.

Again, kudos to the Witcher 3 devs for their business practice and due to this, and how the game has turned out, an extra $25 for the extra 2 expansions coming seems well worth it to me.

Just got Wolfenstein the new order...for 12,45.-? Thanks :D

Otherwise i must say that the summer sale so far has been kinda lame. But it just started and i´m hopeing for some good deals on games like Darkest Dungeon or Hands of Fate.

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, the man who never reads lives one."

Yeah, summer sale..

Far Cry 4 with 40% discount on Steam: 331 SEK

Far Cry 4 at my local store, physical copy: 299 SEK

Shadow of Mordor, 30% discount on Steam: 322 SEK

Shadow of Mordor, local store, physical copy: 227 SEK.

Steam sales aren't very good, to be honest. Unless you're shopping for the same games five years in a row.

Edited by mkreku

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I purchased Child of Light - not expecting to really like it since it doesn't really seem like my type of game, but I liked the art style and who knows, maybe I will: if I don't, hurray for Steam refunds! - and Octodad (2): Dadliest Catch. :D

...and Child of Light refunded, because I didn't check for 3rd party DRM and didn't realize Uplay was a requirement. Yeah, no, I can't be bothered with having DRM on top of DRM.

Yeah, summer sale..

Steam sales aren't very good, to be honest. Unless you're shopping for the same games five years in a row.

In fairness, neither of those titles is currently on a daily or flash sale, those are just the regular lesser discounts that last for the entire duration of the Summer Sale.  Both titles are highly likely to get a deeper discount at some point during the sale.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

...and Child of Light refunded, because I didn't check for 3rd party DRM and didn't realize Uplay was a requirement. Yeah, no, I can't be bothered with having DRM on top of DRM.

You are missing out on one of the better games of the past couple of years. But I understand the feeling.

I do own a couple of UPlay games, but I prefer to own them directly on Uplay and not have to log in to log in to play a game

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Yeah, summer sale..

In fairness, neither of those titles is currently on a daily or flash sale, those are just the regular lesser discounts that last for the entire duration of the Summer Sale.  Both titles are highly likely to get a deeper discount at some point during the sale.

You have a point, falsh sales are supposed to be better most of the times...but this time? A lot of -10 to -20´% isnt´t very impressive.

Also, is it just me or have some games gone up before the sale? I can´t remember if a 2+ year old game like Fallen Enchantress: LH was still 37.- full price o.O

Nevermind...they just adused the -% for the 2nd time in 5 minutes on flash sales..this is a mess.

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, the man who never reads lives one."