Noticed that Witcher wild hunt has 'won over 160 awards' and it's not even out yet. I guess that's more a comment on the inflation in internet gaming awards than anything else. 

I mean I could set up my own gaming awards in an afternoon. 

:lol: 

I'm sorry but that does sound absurd, a game winning awards and it hasn't been released yet 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Noticed that Witcher wild hunt has 'won over 160 awards' and it's not even out yet. I guess that's more a comment on the inflation in internet gaming awards than anything else. 

I'm waiting for the Early Access awards. If they don't have them already.

Speaking of such, I find myself more interested in open world building games, but so far none of the ones on EA Steam are quite far enough along for me to dive in. I think one needs a bit more than the ability to dig holes in dirt and kill an animal (can't use it yet, mind, just kill it) before I'll spend any cash on Steam. If I was into MP server environments, Grav or Life is Feudal look somewhat interesting. Maybe in a year or so.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm looking forward to the prestigious first annual Gorgon Awards.  Any special guests planned?  Who can you get on short notice?

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Hey all you Steam guru's ... just a quick question. If all your profile stuff is set to "Private" and you accept a friend request, can they still at least send you a PM? I assume one has to be "friends" for the messaging?

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Yes, you should be able to PM friends, whatever their status. And no, you cannot PM anyone without being a friend, whatever their status.

Hopefully that answered the question?

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Yes, thanks. I'm normally (voluntarily) pretty "friendless", haha, but occasionally I may accept. Then it occurred to me that I didn't even know if it did anything if I was all "private" anyway, so.... :)

You're so cute sometimes. ;)

Yeah, maybe it's weird these days, but I grew to dislike the whole "friend" thing from YouTube, where I used to accept all the random requests because it felt impolite not to (even weirder). But then they just flood your box with spam, begs to view their own vids, whatever. So these days I ignore all, unless I already know you from something.

Yeah, random invites on Steam are weird, and they can't give a small message as to why or you can even ask them without accepting.

Currently have 4. I know one wanted to ask a TSLRCM question (which I answered on the forums anyways) and the other 3... well, not a clue.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

You're so cute sometimes. wink.png

Yeah, maybe it's weird these days, but I grew to dislike the whole "friend" thing from YouTube, where I used to accept all the random requests because it felt impolite not to (even weirder). But then they just flood your box with spam, begs to view their own vids, whatever. So these days I ignore all, unless I already know you from something.

Man, that reminds me that I used to get those all the time. Never accepted one, though - in fact, most of the time, I actually blocked whoever was doing it, unless they just seemed like a regular, random person, in which I just rejected. Most of the time, I get them from random mid-sized channels. Glad that with new YouTube, I don't get those anymore.

Of course, with new YouTube, I don't get anything at all anymore because I refuse to use Google+. I miss receiving random PMs...and I miss having a comment system that, while still really bad, wasn't literally the absolute worst comment system I know of, (i.e. YouTube's current). In fact, their pushing of Google+ and the associated "benefits" that came with it were pretty much the entire reason I stopped taking care of my channel and videos. So stupid.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

People sign in to youtube?  Ew.

I used to for uploading music, since it was the premier video-sharing site at the time (and still is). Hard to do that without signing in. :p

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

• 3 weeks later...

Tomb Raider worth it at that price?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

isn't Uncharted more like the old Tomb Raider games?

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

So long as you're not expecting to play a Tomb Raider game.  If you're down to play a cover shooter with a tiny bit of exploration and some insultingly easy platforming, then yes.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I haven't played uncharted to be honest, it's just the comparison I always hear and couldn't think of anything else comparable I'd played first-hand. Okay let's try this, it's like Max Payne 3 without the bullet-time, very frequent easy ledge jumping and climbing, easy quick-time events, easy puzzles, minor levelling and weapon customisation. It's also made by the Deus Ex:Human Revolution team.

Check out some gameplay vids (Not the intro tutorial), it'll give you a good idea of what you're getting into. It'll only last a few evenings btw so don't expect a marathon title. But I was happy with it at full price so if you like this genre of game you'll probably be satisfied with it on discount.

So long as you're not expecting to play a Tomb Raider game.  If you're down to play a cover shooter with a tiny bit of exploration and some insultingly easy platforming, then yes.

Never actually played a TR game (I should try the ones I got off GOG), but that sounds pretty boring. But, I suppose I do need a shooter in the current rotation (CS:GO fills in the "Need to hate humanity" role).

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra