I picked up all the DLC for EU4

Hm I should do that.  Is a lot of DLC, damn.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Started a new character in Dark Souls just to test the migration from GfWL to Steam and I got hooked again. Now the game runs really good with DSfix and 60fps. Also finished the great campaign in TW: Rome 2. Took me a while to finish it.

Ups... wrong topic.

Edited by Bendu

I also bought Grim Dawn, but I'm not going to play it until it's finished. I do love Titan Quest though so it's hard to restrain myself.

I also bought Avadon 2. You know, it's annoying reading you guys whine about how Dragon Age: Inquisition should have been turn based, Fallout should have been turn based, blah blah, when there so many great turn based games there already.. that no-one this seems be playing.

I suspect you guys just like to whine.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I also bought Avadon 2. You know, it's annoying reading you guys whine about how Dragon Age: Inquisition should have been turn based, Fallout should have been turn based, blah blah, when there so many great turn based games there already.. that no-one this seems be playing.

I could never get into Jeff Vogel's games.  The graphics aren't the hurdle, I can stomach those, and I appreciate what he does, but I could just never get into his games.  I'm not exactly sure why, since that type of game is generally right up my alley.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I also bought Avadon 2.

I hope not from Steam?

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

EDIT:

And according to Steam I already spend around 50 dollar this sale 0_o. Most went up to Defense Grid 1+2, and then several games at 5 euro or less (including Shadow Warrior, which is surprisingly fun... more than I expected).

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

So far I've grabbed Freedom Cry Standalone (Grabbed the PS3 version of Black Flag during Black Friday), Omerta Gold Edition, and Bundlestars had all the King Arthur: Roleplaying Wargame games and DLC for $5.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

It's a dark secret, I know, shameful, even, but I only played New Vegas for six hours on Xbox. I don't even know how I call myself a player of games. 

Anyway, I just got the Ultimate edition for the price of a sandwich. So, no work this week, no Hinterlands, no toaster repairs, just Vegas and some bottle caps.  

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

Looks like Tomb Raider is $4... Might pick it up, haven't played any TR game since the PS1.

Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt. - Julius Caesar

:facepalm: #define TRUE (!FALSE)

I ran across an article where the above statement was found in a release tarball. LOL! Who does something like this? Predictably, this oddity was found when the article's author tried to build said tarball and the compiler promptly went into cardiac arrest. If you're not a developer, imagine telling someone the literal meaning of up is "not down". Such nonsense makes computers, and developers... angry.

Alien:Isolation - worth it (for $25)?

Not all that into pulse-pounding/horror gaming these days but if it's an Alien game that finally feels like Alien/s...

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I think it was way too "gamey" and annoying to really feel like an Alien experience. It's like they tried very hard to copy the first Alien but in the end couldn't shake the classic videogame trappings (you need this item to open this door, but to get this item you need to get that item which is behind yet another locked door etc). Or that Alien had pretty down to earth, human, characters. But in-game Ripley only gets afraid/anxious when it suits the game, like when cutscenes take over. There's no remorse for when you shoot or bludgeon another human to death To me, that disconnect ruined the game completely and I was simply annoyed by it. Again, wouldn't necessarily bother me much in another game but since this tries so hard to be "authentic", well...

That said, if that doesn't bother you, the aesthetics are certainly nice and it get can get stressful at times.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Is Steam down for anyone else right now?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

The website works fine for me at the moment, at least.

Decided against Alien game. Maybe when it's $10.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Not all that into pulse-pounding/horror gaming these days but if it's an Alien game that finally feels like Alien/s...

It bothered me having skulked about stealthily for the first hour or so of gameplay and seeing lots of guns lying around dropped by dead looters that I was unable to pick up because apparently that was not something the engine knew how to do. Had to wait for a cutscene.

Later it became apparent that you can only really play the game by being stealthy all the time and it gets tiresome. You start dying because you get bored and start running around nosily to cover ground faster. The game never takes it to the next level and lets you fight an alien. The most you can do is to scare it off briefly. 

It's like a horror movie in the buildup waiting for the big scare moment, only it's like that the whole game. After the first few near heart attacks you get immunised pretty fast. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

It bothered me having skulked about stealthily for the first hour or so of gameplay and seeing lots of guns lying around dropped by dead looters that I was unable to pick up because apparently that was not something the engine knew how to do. Had to wait for a cutscene.

Later it became apparent that you can only really play the game by being stealthy all the time and it gets tiresome. You start dying because you get bored and start running around nosily to cover ground faster. The game never takes it to the next level and lets you fight an alien. The most you can do is to scare it off briefly. 

It's like a horror movie in the buildup waiting for the big scare moment, only it's like that the whole game. After the first few near heart attacks you get immunised pretty fast. 

That doesn't sound like a good endorsement and has put me right off buying this game  :blink:

But I prefer honesty to someone sugarcoating what is bad about a game 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Not being able to fight an Alien in an Alien game seems a bit ... odd. I mean, you don't want to over do it (unless you're going for the over the top action of Aliens), but...not to mention, I don't recall the Alien being very easily frightened off, once it decided to attack.

That comes from the books or comics I think, Colonial Marine weapons were supposed to be more powerful than modern weapons were in the 80's, and the alien exoskeleton was according to some books/comics extreamly tough, though in others some guy clobbers an alien to death with a lead pipe so there wasn't even a consensus within that perticular medium.

Edited by Serrano