(during the upcoming Winter Sales that start Dec 26 IIRC). :)

The 18th actually.

Got some gems when the exploit was running at 3 cents of the market, crafted some booster packs, then went to sleep since Steam was unstable (and it was late) to wake up to the gems being gone and my money refunded... :/

Oh well, I don't mind this gem and auction business... sold off stuff for 15 euro, hopefully making some more selling more cards.

Also, from what I gather the gems are to stay even after the sale, to use for destroying your junk and making boosterpacks of it. Though it really depends if you're not cheaper off selling them and then buying a pack.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Double post! 0_o

The auction starts pretty soon... used my 13 gems to make a bid, seems it's nr 84... so unless 16 people go over me (which isn't unlikely in 3 days) I actually get the game for that price too... but we'll see how it goes...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Even if under... first I posted 10 gems (114) then I raised it to 13 (84)... doubt I will win a copy for that, but we'll see how it goes... :)

It's not really friendly you need to make a bid to see how viable that bid is, but it's the best method now :/

^

Okay, Steam just added a feature that will screw over a lot of bargain hunters.

There's a "Lowest Bids" sorting option, so anybody just wanting to get the auction winner badge will target at the cheapest items no matter their own worth, or the buyer's eagerness to actually play/use the item

At this moment, if you don't have 1500 gems ready, you can forget winning anything. Maybe a miracle happens and even that trend will lower, but I'm not optimistic

Edited by Nordicus

I have no idea what gems/auctions are, but I'm not seeing any big Steam sale yet.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Currently 1000 gems is 90 cent, but it has steadily risen for a while now... it was 50 cent when they were re-introuduced with the dupe-bug fixed.

EDIT:

Steam Sale starts the 18th...

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

I was coming here expecting to find pages upong pages of posts on the Holiday Sale and the gem-issues... and I come here, nothing since 4 december...

What's up Obsidian Forums?

If this was EA or Activision, people would be crying bloody murder.

But it is Valve.

Even when people are pissed at Valve, they in earnest still call Gabe Newell Lord Gaben.

If this was EA or Activision, people would be crying bloody murder.

But it is Valve.

Even when people are pissed at Valve, they in earnest still call Gabe Newell Lord Gaben.

As long as the regular sales keep feeding us cheap games they can go on calling him that.

People wouldn't be crying bloody murder because EA or Activision tried this, they'd be crying bloody murder because they wouldn't handle the situation. Valve is constantly trying new things, the gem auction is just one of them, they often have issues because these things are complicated. Valve quickly rolled it back, it's the best they could do. Activision had duplication problems often and they don't handle it so gracefully.

Well, just won an auction of I game I wanted for less than 1 euro (regularly 13 euro... probably wont get that low with Steamsales either).

Someone tried to snipe me, but was just too late :)

But really, you got games for the picking for 1 euro at the moment...

^

Picked up Xenonauts at half off, and Prison Architect at 80 percent off, so I'm happy.  I've been looking at those two for awhile now. 

Picking up Xenonauts!

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Grabbed Grim Dawn, it's surprisingly awesome. Like a much less linear Diablo.

It's a very good loot em up.  It's still not completely finished, but it's getting there.  All 5 masteries are in and the latest patch added the first part of the 3rd and final act.  There's a good bit of content in the game as it is.  They tinker with the balance every new build (as is customary with a loot em up), but they're very close to as dialed in as possible, IMHO.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Grim Dawn is awesome, last time I played it. Worth the forever wait it's been. I haven't played in a while, since the new class was released I think - Act3 is out now, at least partially? Haven't even noticed. I'll have to check it out. Dang it, I wish I was better at playing multiple games at once. I just can't keep up. Oh well, better for my wallet.

Prison Architect has been an early-access I've kept an eye on/been unsure about...for sale price I might consider it.

Almost bought Neo-Scavenger, until I realized it was on GoG...

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

we were likely gonna get steam versions o' dragon age:origins (deluxe?) and perhaps shadowrun. is it worth getting shadowrun returns, and dragonfall, or should we get dragonfall solo as it appears to be a standalone product? got no games on our to-do list til we is satisfied that da:i is well and fully patched, and then we likely wait 6 more months so that we can get it for a bargain price.  therefore, we will likely get a few steam games to sate us in the interim, or take another shot at the PoE beta.

we almost purchased fo:t for $2.99 a month or two ago.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)