I'm tempted by the sale price of early-access the Long Dark. Mostly because, survival, explore, no zombies.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

They put early access games on sale?

LoL.

Yeah...I've noticed it on others before too. I often wonder what Steam uses as a sale barometer. Time? Popularity? Sales figures? Who knows.

The game seems to use wolves instead of zombies. Which is fine, as long as they're not as numerous as zombies.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

LoL.

Yeah...I've noticed it on others before too. I often wonder what Steam uses as a sale barometer. Time? Popularity? Sales figures? Who knows.

It doesn't, I don't believe. From all I've ever heard, (as well as screenshots I've seen), prices are completely set by the developer/publisher, not Valve - Valve only provides suggestions based on what they've seen work best, though they do have certain restrictions, (e.g. no releases on weekends).

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

my whole wishlist is on sale, but most prices didn't drop by more than 40%, and I'm waiting for that sweet 60+% reduction to actually start buying. c'mon, Steam, you can do it! at least for Broforce, Super Time Force and Hack & Slash

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

It doesn't, I don't believe. From all I've ever heard, (as well as screenshots I've seen), prices are completely set by the developer/publisher, not Valve - Valve only provides suggestions based on what they've seen work best, though they do have certain restrictions, (e.g. no releases on weekends).

Just to be clear, I didn't mean the retail/release prices, I meant how which games are decided to be up for sale, during these mass sales or any sale. Does Steam send out blanket "sale promotion, do you want to be on it" letters that devs/publishers can opt in/out of etc.? Because sometimes I see sales on games that feel like odd choices for devs/publishers to want to have on sale. I mean, I get that sometimes cheap prices=enough extra short term sales to make more and that's the incentive, but dunno...just feels odd at times. :)

Just to be clear, I didn't mean the retail/release prices, I meant how which games are decided to be up for sale, during these mass sales or any sale. Does Steam send out blanket "sale promotion, do you want to be on it" letters that devs/publishers can opt in/out of etc.? Because sometimes I see sales on games that feel like odd choices for devs/publishers to want to have on sale. I mean, I get that sometimes cheap prices=enough extra short term sales to make more and that's the incentive, but dunno...just feels odd at times. :)

It's all up to the publishers, and STEAM decides which games will make the front page of the store. Daily deals, I'm not entirely sure how they happen. Probably STEAM communicates with publishers.

Just to be clear, I didn't mean the retail/release prices, I meant how which games are decided to be up for sale, during these mass sales or any sale. Does Steam send out blanket "sale promotion, do you want to be on it" letters that devs/publishers can opt in/out of etc.? Because sometimes I see sales on games that feel like odd choices for devs/publishers to want to have on sale. I mean, I get that sometimes cheap prices=enough extra short term sales to make more and that's the incentive, but dunno...just feels odd at times. original.gif

When Valve was doing the Halloween sale, I recall hearing about them sending out some sort of mass message - not sure if it was an email or what - to all developers/publishers, asking for submissions for being featured in the Halloween sale. They stated that submissions had to at least be tangentially related to the "darker" themes of Halloween in order to be featured. Again, just what I remember hearing.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

That's interesting, Bartimaeus. Makes sense too.

Noticed 7 days to die, their last big patch added an offline mode ability. For $17-18, sold! ... I've wanted to try it but not into mp/online. Ok, that's two, no more for me.

Only shady part is that it was done during a major sales event. Otherwise, it's the simplest way to notify Steam users about a soon upcoming price increase as the game nudges towards completion.

Edited by Nordicus

LoL.

The game seems to use wolves instead of zombies. Which is fine, as long as they're not as numerous as zombies.

*insert rant about misrepresentation of wolves in games (and other popular media) here*

Anyway, added it to my wishlislt, not sure if I'll pick it up in this sale (backlog already much too long) but it does seem interesting.

I'm mostly keeping an eye on my wishlist games, many of which I'm not expecting "acceptable" sales prices for yet, so far I've only picked up Dust: An Elysian Tail (at -80%)

Only shady part is that it was done during a major sales event. Otherwise, it's the simplest way to notify Steam users about a soon upcoming price increase as the game nudges towards completion.

considering the fact, that the game release schedule has been modified again (launch in 2016 now), some people now think "completion" isn't even in the cards

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

So, DayZ raised the price 15% the day before the sale. Then discounted it 15%.

Thoughts? tongue.png

Hm. 1*1.15=1.15; 1.15*0.85=0.9775. Nice: a little more than 2% off the original price! wottadeal

Got quite a few games this time. Wasteland 2 being one of them.

Not sure why. I didn't actually want any of the games (except Wasteland 2).

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I was going to buy the Wargame Pack that includes: Airland Battle, European Escalation and Red Dragon but I already own European Escalation. Airland Battle and Red Dragon, while still on sale, were individually more expensive than buying all three together and I wasn't sure what would happen if I buy a pack containing games I already own. So, I did nothing and missed the sale and now the same pack costs $49.99 vice $12.99 sale price.

I have the sad.

So, Steam Broadcasting is in Beta. It's basically personal streaming where you can supposedly watch your friends play games.

Am I the only one who doesn't understand the appeal of watching other people play games?

• Like 3
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg