VI was amazing. VII was to me the last good one. Then again, after VIII was ported to PC without a Quit option, I can't say I truly bothered with the series again :p

IX was them trying to reproduce the magic of the SNES games. They didn't fully succeed, and the ending was kind of WTF, but the result was something pretty special. X was where they first removed the world map, which resulted in a smaller feeling game. Plus the voice acting was awful. I've never played any of them for PC, I think you can get all of them digitally on the PSN for 10 bucks or less.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

haha FFXIII is ready to preload and takes 60 gigs. For the time it takes to download that I expect a virtual Lightning to come out of the screen and give me a blowjob.

But doesn't a blowjob in locked 720p and no AA hurt a bit? Those jagged edges can't be good for you Edited by Nordicus

Today Steam decided that I can't play any of the games I own, again.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

XII was ok, so was X, but IX was the last really good one. As for a 60 gig install, that's what happens when you have 20 hours of HD video files.

Agreed mostly.  V and VI were the pinnacle of the series, in my opinion, such phenomenal games.  IX was the last great game in the series, X was still pretty good, but starting with X-2 it started to really slide downward.  I didn't care for XII, and XIII was a borderline train wreck, which is too bad because they nailed the combat system, it's just too bad everything else was such a mess.

Didn't the combat system basically play itself though? I think that can be said for the whole lot of it. I seem to recall most of the game consisted of what can basically be summed up as the "tutorial session", and cutscenes, where all the characters proceeds to do bugger all.

But that seems to be the mindset of modern Square -- They don't want a player, they just want sheep to whom they can show off a bunch of flashy animated polygons with absurd hairdos. 

Edited by TheChris92

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it's kind of amusing to see all the people going into frenzy because it hasn't unlocked in the UK at midnight like they said it would.

Apparently 2k is talking to Steam to find out what's going wrong with it.....

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I was definitely tempted to get Civ:BE day 1, but a pair of factors made the decision easy for me:

1) Comes out the same day as Bayonetta 2

2) Linux (and Mac) version won't be out at the same time as the Windows version.

I'll scoop it up in a few months once they release an expansion or two and I catch it on a Steam Sale.  I'm definitely interested in feedback, though.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

There are some good specials on Steam at the moment, I picked up Saints Row  IV for $6 :dancing:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Haha!  My patience paid off!  Costume Quest 2 is 50% off on the Steam Halloween Sale.  Some other games are discounted too.

It's gonna be a Costume Quest and Bayonetta weekend for me.  :biggrin:

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Woot!  The sale on Tropico 5 I've been waiting for is happening now.  I figured I'd get it during the X-Mas sale, but if GabeN wants to toss me a 50% discount now, I'll take it, I doubt I'll see a steeper discount until next year, plus I'm kinda in the mood to run a banana republic soon.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Woot!  The sale on Tropico 5 I've been waiting for is happening now.  I figured I'd get it during the X-Mas sale, but if GabeN wants to toss me a 50% discount now, I'll take it, I doubt I'll see a steeper discount until next year, plus I'm kinda in the mood to run a banana republic soon.

Feel free to to run republic I live in - you cant get more close to banana republic than here :)

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

• 3 weeks later...

Sale has started. (Nothing for me today.)

Obligatory

1309632238850.png

I can empathize with the pain in this cartoon 

And my credit card will testify to my suffering  in case there is any doubt to the veracity of my comment :aiee:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Sale has started.

Aw damn.   I don't think the friction burns on my Amex card from swiping it have healed yet. 

This is gonna be ugly ......  lol

Edit:  Command Modern Air/Naval Operations is 38% off - $49.99.  That's an additional 10$ off from the last sale.

Edited by kgambit
  • Like 2

Edit:  Command Modern Air/Naval Operations is 38% off - $49.99.  That's an additional 10$ off from the last sale.

And if your "Red Storm Rising" experience feels incomplete with only the GIUK Gap, take the fight to the Fulda Gap, the North German Plain, and the Danube Line in Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm for only $30 USD.

Edited by Agiel
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

I don't know if there's even anything left on Steam that I want and don't already own?  I suppose I might grab Rogue Legacy if I see it at 75% off or better.  

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

And if your "Red Storm Rising" experience feels incomplete with only the GIUK Gap, take the fight to the Fulda Gap, the North German Plain, and the Danube Line in Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm for only $30 USD.

And Matrix is selling all of the Close Combat series for 20$ a pop. 

I don't know if there's even anything left on Steam that I want and don't already own?  I suppose I might grab Rogue Legacy if I see it at 75% off or better.  

Expedition Conquistadors is back on sale on Steam again for 4$.  :)  Just trying to share the pain .....  lol 

Edited by kgambit

CS:GO is tempting at that price, feeling the urge to get back into MP FPS

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Expedition Conquistadors is back on sale on Steam again for 4$.  :)  Just trying to share the pain .....  lol 

I own the game.  Didn't like it.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Hmm well, I may have a recommendation or two.

If you like metroidvanias then there's Abyss Odyssey that released this year.

And if you like shmups even in the slightest, there's Astebreed, which is a rather high production value Japanese shmup with sort of interconnected horizontal, vertical and Panzer Dragoon esque sections, not to mention a bit of melee focus with your sword-wielding mech

Edit: Wait, you play on Linux, right? Damn, nevermind then :-/

Edited by Nordicus